**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RNG on War Season Crystals is not good

Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,837 ★★★★★
Why do we need it? It's not like I will gamble units on it to get more. We all fought season, one guy gets 5k t2a, the other gets 50k.

The season 11 crystals have a huge swing built into it as well. Why? just why?

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Yup 5 crystals with like 15k t2a not the worst but just not great for the effort
    xNig said:

Main (5 crystals) - 28k T2A / 6k T5B

Alt 1 (5 crystals) - 9k T2A / 5k T5B

Alt 2 (5 crystals) - 11k T2A / 5k T5B

An ex alliance mate (2 crystals) - 44k T2A / 2k T5B

Yeah. A little too much variance. 😂

Yup 1 season I got a full t2a from 2 crystals this season I had 5 and got less then half of that
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Yet another opening of the absolute minimum from these crystals... It just isn't any fun. Meanwhile others in my alliance pull enough to form a full t2a. There really is such a thing as too much RNG.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Higher floor, lower ceiling please.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    We get these threads at the end of every war season, the same thing will happen with this one as the previous 9.

Absolutely sweet FA
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

New record for me:

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

xNig said:

New record for me:

That's just sad...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

New record for me:

I feel you bro DT.
    Especially as season 10 was much harder then previous seasons it’s annoying at least we get to see the new individual rewards today
  • Petusko2811Petusko2811 Posts: 36
    Kabam should explain whats reason for random reward. Its only pissed of people and they dont have profit from it
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    This RNG system must go. I don't see any place for such a huge swing in rewards after a MONTH of hard work. The argument that RNG balances out in the long run is simply untenable in this context where the sample size for any individual player will never be large enough. This is different from say Map 7 crystals where a player who does map 7 consistently can conceivably build up a stash of 500 crystals over some time, and at that sort of sample size, we would expect rewards to somewhat even out.

When you are getting 5 or so AW season crystals every 6 weeks, the law of averages just won't apply.

There is no reason why a Gold tier player should be able to score more rewards than a Platinum tier player just because he got lucky on an opening.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Yeah these crystals are the biggest piece of trash kabam May have lol.

P3 and pulled 12k t2a and 5k t5b. Not worth the 20-25 potions I used in war. Moved down to a g2 alliance less effort prolly yield same result, no potions used and can get more t2a with that saved glory.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Lainua said:

Ultra8529 said:

This RNG system must go. I don't see any place for such a huge swing in rewards after a MONTH of hard work. The argument that RNG balances out in the long run is simply untenable in this context where the sample size for any individual player will never be large enough. This is different from say Map 7 crystals where a player who does map 7 consistently can conceivably build up a stash of 500 crystals over some time, and at that sort of sample size, we would expect rewards to somewhat even out.

When you are getting 5 or so AW season crystals every 6 weeks, the law of averages just won't apply.

There is no reason why a Gold tier player should be able to score more rewards than a Platinum tier player just because he got lucky on an opening.

Definitely they should give crystal based on tier. For example Masters alliance will get better crystal than Platinum even if between those masters there are differences in rewards.
    This makes sense too, as long as the floor from a master crystal is higher than the ceiling from a plat crystal, for instance.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

Lainua said:

Ultra8529 said:

Definitely they should give crystal based on tier. For example Masters alliance will get better crystal than Platinum even if between those masters there are differences in rewards.
    This makes sense too, as long as the floor from a master crystal is higher than the ceiling from a plat crystal, for instance.
    I disagree, you are already getting more of them, I mean unless they give the exact same number of crystals, but even then their purpose of helping the lower tier people is completely lost.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Those crystals are the main reason we stopped spending in aw. It's all based on luck so 3 crystals can beat 5.....doesn't make sense why theres random rewards.
    Zuko_ILC said:

Those crystals are the main reason we stopped spending in aw. It's all based on luck so 3 crystals can beat 5.....doesn't make sense why theres random rewards.

So that little bit of rewards, over the massive amount of other fixed rewards is the reason you stopped spending?
    Lormif said:

Zuko_ILC said:

So that little bit of rewards, over the massive amount of other fixed rewards is the reason you stopped spending?
    It’s not really a massive amount of fixed rewards though is it
    Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Zuko_ILC said:

It’s not really a massive amount of fixed rewards though is it
    relative to what you get out of those crystals, yes it is a massive amount. The lower in the tiers you getplat/gold1 ish the more valuable they are, but at the upper levels the random crystals are rally not that important in the totality of the rewards. Most of the issues around them come from jealousy.