**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Historic Uncollected Event & Challenges Tab

SeatinSeatin Posts: 52 ★★★
Dear Kabam

You've got 17 Uncollected Events & I believe about 10-12 Challenges that are lying in a bin somewhere doing absolutely nothing at this point in time.

My proposal is to add a new tab to the game called 'Historic Events', this tab will allow players to access past Uncollected Events & Challenges that may have occurred when they weren't playing Marvel Contest of Champions after they've hit a certain progression point.

For Challenges this progression point could be Act 4 Completion (Especially for a lot of the older ones).

For Uncollected events this progression point could either be getting Uncollected or getting Elder's Bane from 100% Act 5 exploration.

A feature like this would:
- Provide progressing players with a TON more content to work on whenever they please.
- Spice up the endgame progression path significantly.
- Make you lads some cash as Energy is already tight players would have to spend more/grind more to get the Refills in order to do it.
- Allow players that have taken a break to catch up a bit (Obviously players that have taken a break will still be BEHIND in AQ Rewards, AW Rewards, Calendars, Side Events, Bonus Stuff, Offers etc)
- Increase the enjoyment and avg amount of hours played in Marvel Contest of Champions (Getting ya stats up looking all nice for those investor meetings)

To balance it out and encourage people to complete Events when they are live you could also add something in like:
- An Uncollected Event isn't made Historic till 3-6 months after the debut.

You could also do something like this with Master & Heroic events as well if ya wanted.

You've got all this great content sitting on the shelf, please put some of it back in the game.

Thanks
~ Seatin

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    Isnt that kind of of what variants were introduced for? To relive the event story? All they would have to do is make in between difficulties of classic and variant
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    So then if we go by how variants will be theoretically released, then when they get around to releasing monthly events that had uncollected difficulty already, then they ought to come with something harder than variant becuase we should already be 2 or maybe even 3 new higher difficulties past uncollected by then because tll be years. Before they get to that point.

Releasing the challenges like ming na would be awesome tho.

Lastly id also like to see the special events section redone. Its a jumbled mess.
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    Love this idea. I’ve only been able to do them from January - present, would love a crack at some of the older ones.
  • LufasoLufaso Posts: 104
    Best idea ever
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    This’d also be great for newly uncollected players, letting them complete the early uncollected quests, even if the rewards were nerfed a little, it would definitely help progression to a point where they can then attempt higher difficulty content. Love this idea!
  • chrissbjordannchrissbjordann Posts: 120
    Yo I’m down with this idea. Would love to do some of the older events that I didn’t have the champs for at the time.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    In totally up for the master part , I'm at the point where I can do master but cant explore it or get 5.2 cleared , completing some master events would give me the extra edge to work on 5.2
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I would love this just get all those 5* generic sig stones from challenges
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    I am all for this, I think the game files would be too much though. They'd have to have a historic one issued maybe at the same time as a new one. Start with the first and go through it. Eventually all of them can be completed again. After two years maybe stop using the oldest and so on. Call them a reprint or something. Nothing new for people to do who completed it originally. And will catch up the slower / newer players.
    I’d also love to revisit challenges I couldn’t complete at the time such as the goldblum one
    Had only just started and was using 3* and finally got to the loki boss and died because I didn’t know how bane worked lol
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    This idea is great! It doesn't affect me personally right now since I've already done all Uncollected events and challenges past. But it makes total sense for new players in the game who have missed out on so much historic events.

Also great to know going forward that I could always come back to content if I did ever have to miss something.

I hate to be a wet blanket, and this is totally a shot in the dark, but I suspect someone might come along and say that there could be coding difficulties - I am not sure at all if having so many maps available in the game at once would cause significant lag, server-side or otherwise. I hope any technical difficulties can be overcome though! Never had so much excitement for an idea in so long.
  • AwsomediabrineAwsomediabrine Posts: 50
    I agree Seatin.
    I’d love to go back to fight ice Phoenix again for some revenge
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Seems like it would be an awful lot of content (a.k.a. resources) accessible in a very short period of time. I like the idea, but it shouldn't all be accessible at the same time. If someone was able to obtain all the resources from 17 uncollected events in a very short period of time it would give players a massive jump in their account.
    Werewrym said:

Seems like it would be an awful lot of content (a.k.a. resources) accessible in a very short period of time. I like the idea, but it shouldn't all be accessible at the same time. If someone was able to obtain all the resources from 17 uncollected events in a very short period of time it would give players a massive jump in their account.

Perhaps have a cooldown on how often you can do the events or where once you select one you can’t do other until you 100% it
  • BestSpicey777iBestSpicey777i Posts: 4
    This is the greatest idea ever, please Kabam do this
  • Schwa77Schwa77 Posts: 15
    Maybe have the progression system based chronologically. So the first Uncollected EQ was Hotel MODOK, so you would need an initial completion of Hotel MODOK to be able to move onto Age of the Sentry, then complete Age of the Sentry to move onto Rise of the Black Panther, and so on. Almost have all of the Uncollected Event Quests in the form of a giant Quest, with each EQ as a different Chapter.
  • KimilKimil Posts: 84
    Yep, just bang ‘em in there. Fairly sure they’d have to rework rewards as one of the big draws of the monthly EQ is to get it all done in the timeframe to maximise the rewards unlocked. Otherwise, I think it’s a great idea with some serious potential!
    Seatin said:

Werewrym said:

Alongside every monthly event you could release 2-3 past Uncollected's and a Challenge. Gradually filter it all in!
    Question would players who’ve already done it be able to replay it for extra rewards?
  • SeatinSeatin Posts: 52 ★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Seatin said:

Werewrym said:

Alongside every monthly event you could release 2-3 past Uncollected's and a Challenge. Gradually filter it all in!
    Question would players who’ve already done it be able to replay it for extra rewards?
    That's upto Kabam, I'd imagine probably not, but hey, it would be a nice addition.
  • BoostergoldrulzBoostergoldrulz Posts: 150
    Shouldn't this be in the "Suggestions and Requests" section of the forum?
    Seatin said:

Kobster84 said:

Seatin said:

Werewrym said:

That's upto Kabam, I'd imagine probably not, but hey, it would be a nice addition.
    Would possibly be a good time to add cavalier difficulty?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Seatin said:

Kobster84 said:

Seatin said:

Werewrym said:

They will probably wait for the title with 6.4, they have said Cav is not supposed to be as game changing as uncollected.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    seems like a good idea. It would be cool to go back to some of those quests and explore how the difficulty has changed
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Seatin said:

Kobster84 said:

Seatin said:

Werewrym said:

They will probably wait for the title with 6.4, they have said Cav is not supposed to be as game changing as uncollected.
    Pretty sure they said they were thinking of adding a cavalier difficulty
  • F1TLYFEF1TLYFE Posts: 56
    Let's make it happen!