**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Summoner Showdown Tournament Begins July 31!

This fall, a champion will be revealed! The Marvel Contest of Champions: Summoner Showdown, a nine-week tournament, will kick off on July 31 with the first livestream event. The Summoner Showdown is the longest tournament we've ever run, and it will culminate in a final showdown at New York Comic Con in October where the winner will be crowned!

Tune in to Marvel.com/mcocshowdown on July 31 for the first livestream event that will determine the first finalist! More details including the Schedule coming your way soon!

Get all of the Information here: https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-contest-of-champions-summoner-showdown-tournament-begins-july-31

Comments

• Bossdog55555Bossdog55555 Posts: 56
    @Kabam Miike can you confirm wether or not this is the “big announcement” we were promised, or is there something a little bit... less underwhelming in store?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I honestly don't see very many people (outside of Kabam or those participating) really caring about this at all.

I'm sure it's exciting for the participants though.

I don't see how this could be remotely possible. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of people watch streamers play the game normally. The idea that only a tiny number would be interested in a tournament of players seems to not reflect reality.
  • @Kabam Miike can you confirm wether or not this is the “big announcement” we were promised, or is there something a little bit... less underwhelming in store?

Some might find this underwhelming, but others definitely do not.

This is the first big tournament that we've been a part of, with some of our community's favourite Content Creators and some of our most experienced and accomplished players taking the stage to Compete to prove that they are the best!
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    What would be cool though, is if we were able to pick who we think would win and everyone gets a participation prize, but if you pick the right person you get a bigger prize. Maybe by giving everyone 1k of some type of currency in game and putting in store something that would go in their inventory. Example if I believe star would win I spend that 1k on a red star in game which goes to my inventory and that way the game can tell which rewards I get participation prize or winner prize, depending on how star does. Just a thought it would also get more people involved but, mcoc might not be able to do something like that.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★

I see some issues about this "announcement" is because:
    1. it does not affect us whatsoever
    2. this is for those mcoc content creators to participate in and not us players
    3. not everyone can go to comic con to see the tournament

the main issue I see with this is that...why should we care?
    we don't get to participate at all, other than watching three content creators fight some tough champ and see who would win. we don't get rewarded for watching, we just see whoever wins and that's it.

this is honestly pretty disappointing.

I like being the counterculture guy
    1) not everything needs to affect u
    2)it’s just an announcement telling u something is happening
    3)they’re just telling u that it’s available to watch
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Noob2435 said:

What would be cool though, is if we were able to pick who we think would win and everyone gets a participation prize, but if you pick the right person you get a bigger prize. Maybe by giving everyone 1k of some type of currency in game and putting in store something that would go in their inventory. Example if I believe star would win I spend that 1k on a red star in game which goes to my inventory and that way the game can tell which rewards I get participation prize or winner prize, depending on how star does. Just a thought it would also get more people involved but, mcoc might not be able to do something like that.

In game gambling. I love it. Maybe even keep it simple: Wager 100k gold that a specific players win their matchup, if you guess right you get 200k gold. Guess wrong and you lose the bet. Set limits on how much that can be wagered (to limit abuse). We have that in AFK Arena, and it's a fun little addition.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

This fall, a champion will be revealed! The Marvel Contest of Champions: Summoner Showdown, a nine-week tournament, will kick off on July 31 with the first livestream event. The Summoner Showdown is the longest tournament we've ever run, and it will culminate in a final showdown at New York Comic Con in October where the winner will be crowned!

Tune in to Marvel.com/mcocshowdown on July 31 for the first livestream event that will determine the first finalist! More details including the Schedule coming your way soon!

Get all of the Information here: https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-contest-of-champions-summoner-showdown-tournament-begins-july-31

When you say a champion will be revealed do you mean for October Event Quest or champion as one of the winners from the tourney?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Djkrdjj said:

DNA3000 said:

I honestly don't see very many people (outside of Kabam or those participating) really caring about this at all.

I'm sure it's exciting for the participants though.

I don't see how this could be remotely possible. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of people watch streamers play the game normally. The idea that only a tiny number would be interested in a tournament of players seems to not reflect reality.
    Ten thousand people is a relatively minor stream.
    That's true, but the point is that if that order of magnitude people will watch individual streamers, it is far more likely that the number of people who would watch a sanctioned tournament would be far higher, not lower.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I was excited when I saw the title for a minute, then I realized it only applies to “special” players. Summoners have been asking for in game tournaments for years and this is the best we get? Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still probably watch the streams, but how about try to include the whole community in on something like this rather than make those of us who can’t participate feel like we’re left out.
  • Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    Ah dang I saw the Title and thought this was an in-game 3 v 3 arena
This discussion has been closed.