**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Summoner Showdown Tournament Begins July 31!

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

How about an "in-game" show down with some nice rewards.

I would be happy to attempt even without rewards. :)

Looking at 200k+ HP, I will be trashed though. :(
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Are people really upset if that's the big news? Lol. Oh my.

of course you don't see a problem with this smh my head
    People feel how they feel. Do I have a problem with it? Not on a personal level. It's just comical how people hear surprise and immediately go to getting something. Not all surprises involve Rewards. Some just have to do with something enjoyable and new. Generally, not everyone is excited about these, but many are. People get caught up in the competition of it. They root for their favorites, they talk about it after. It's hype. Doesn't always have to mean we're getting something. News is news.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

I'd be willing to bet my game access rights against anyone elses that the vast overwhelming majority of players of the game don't have a problem with this.

It is a joint marketing event with Marvel at their SDCC booth. It is something worth marketing to the vast majority of players that aren't supremely jaded. Anyone who thinks the only big or important marketing announcements either involve them getting rewards or them getting to participate in something aren't really worth trying to please with marketing announcements.

Besides just being a fun event that involves the community, if not literally every single member of it, the event gives me an idea of how Marvel views MCOC as a product in their licensed gaming portfolio, and indirectly gives me an idea of how successful a product Marvel thinks MCOC is. Not only continuing events like this, but scaling them up says something to me that is interesting, so I think the announcement and the event itself is noteworthy even if I'm not actually going to be participating in the actual competition. I think it is good for the game I play that MCOC is continuing to get this kind of exposure and attention from the company holding the strings to it all.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Kobster84 said:

DNA3000 said:

I'd be willing to bet my game access rights against anyone elses that the vast overwhelming majority of players of the game don't have a problem with this.

It is a joint marketing event with Marvel at their SDCC booth. It is something worth marketing to the vast majority of players that aren't supremely jaded. Anyone who thinks the only big or important marketing announcements either involve them getting rewards or them getting to participate in something aren't really worth trying to please with marketing announcements.

Besides just being a fun event that involves the community, if not literally every single member of it, the event gives me an idea of how Marvel views MCOC as a product in their licensed gaming portfolio, and indirectly gives me an idea of how successful a product Marvel thinks MCOC is. Not only continuing events like this, but scaling them up says something to me that is interesting, so I think the announcement and the event itself is noteworthy even if I'm not actually going to be participating in the actual competition. I think it is good for the game I play that MCOC is continuing to get this kind of exposure and attention from the company holding the strings to it all.
    No one has a problem with it it’s just disappointing
    It seems pretty obvious a non-zero number of people have a problem or issue with this. I'm only stating that number is very small.

It is of course also going to be disappointing to a very small number of players, but I doubt that number is significant either. If players thought like that in general, no game would organize events like this. No game would do any community coordination and reach out with members of the community if most players were uninterested in anything that didn't directly involve them. For that matter, there wouldn't be any visible members of the player community in the first place, because no one would give them a second glance.
    It's for love of the game, a spectator sport of sorts. I don't really think we need to be given something to enjoy the game. Lol.
  • Meatlips77Meatlips77 Posts: 19
    Can’t wait to watch a bunch of dudes I can watch on YouTube compete. Lol. So ridiculous kabam.

I got excited when I read it thinking that you could sign up to compete or at least be chosen to compete. Your lame kabam and so is this tournament.
    Do as you want. I expressed my thoughts. It's engaging. While I can understand that people want to be able to participate in something, I don't personally need something in it for me to enjoy it.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    edited July 2019

Do as you want. I expressed my thoughts. It's engaging. While I can understand that people want to be able to participate in something, I don't personally need something in it for me to enjoy it.

Someone who gets it. I agree that it kinda sucks that the big announcement wasn’t something that everybody could participate in but jeez guys. It hasn’t happened yet. Who knows what will happen? But also at the same time @GroundedWisdom is right. Not everything as to be inclusive to be enjoyable
    edited July 2019

I'm not the slightest bit triggered. I don't take it home with me at all. They did have a big announcement. It's the Tournament. Something they've never done before. That's big. Are we all doing it? No. Are we getting something from it? No. Is it big? Yes.
    What's comical to me is the moment they mention big announcement, most peoples' minds tend to go to any place that gives personal benefit. People have their own reactions. Can't really argue with that. What I can say is it's not disappointing in any way. They said they had a big announcement. That's about as open as it gets. Not something game-changing that will come to us all. Mind you, the Champ they're announcing may.
    If you're implying I'm just contradicting people, that can't be farther from the truth. Believe it or not, this is exactly how I feel.
    Husky54 said:

Djkrdjj said:

Someone who gets it. I agree that it kinda sucks that the big announcement wasn’t something that everybody could participate in but jeez guys. It hasn’t happened yet. Who knows what will happen? But also at the same time @GroundedWisdom is right. Not everything as to be inclusive to be enjoyable
    Ok then tell me why I should care. Content creators are just marketing tools who make money from a third party platform. I don’t care about marketing. I don’t care about anybody getting free advertising. There is literally no benefit to anyone not directly involved.
    Tell me, are you a Sports Fan?
    edited July 2019
    Husky54 said:

Djkrdjj said:

Ok then tell me why I should care. Content creators are just marketing tools who make money from a third party platform. I don’t care about marketing. I don’t care about anybody getting free advertising. There is literally no benefit to anyone not directly involved.
    That’s literally with everything in this world. The same could be said about sports. Just a marketing tool to sell tickets and ads for people watching the game on tv.
    Watch it because u enjoy McOc and u actually have fun watching gameplay.
    Rather than wait for a response, I'll elaborate on that question.
    Some people love Sports. They watch for hours and hours. They root for their Teams, buy their merch, place bets with their friends, talk about it for days and days. Personally, I'm not into Sports. I get it, though. People love the game. They watch other people play for hours and hours, when they never win a thing. They don't get the Cup. They don't get drafted. They don't play the game. Yet they watch it.
    If you're asking why you should, no one can answer that. You're either a Sports Fan, or you're not. Some people love to watch and cheer others on.
    edited July 2019

Rather than wait for a response, I'll elaborate on that question.
    Some people love Sports. They watch for hours and hours. They root for their Teams, buy their merch, place bets with their friends, talk about it for days and days. Personally, I'm not into Sports. I get it, though. People love the game. They watch other people play for hours and hours, when they never win a thing. They don't get the Cup. They don't get drafted. They don't play the game. Yet they watch it.
    If you're asking why you should, no one can answer that. You're either a Sports Fan, or you're not. Some people love to watch and cheer others on.

This is basically what I tried to say below but couldn’t because can’t articulate myself very well while not focusing
    Djkrdjj said:

Husky54 said:

Djkrdjj said:

That’s literally with everything in this world. The same could be said about sports. Just a marketing tool to sell tickets and ads for people watching the game on tv.
    Watch it because u enjoy McOc and u actually have fun watching gameplay.
This discussion has been closed.