**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Summoner Showdown Tournament Begins July 31!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

What's comical to me is the moment they mention big announcement, most peoples' minds tend to go to any place that gives personal benefit.

No, what's comical is how you always assume what others are thinking, so that you can think the opposite of it.
    That's not an assumption at all. That's based on the comments and reactions here. When people express that they're disappointed that they can't participate and are asking for a Crystal chosen for the Player Base, when they ask why they should care about something that doesn't affect them, when they say the announcement is disappointing, that clearly shows there was some type of expectation. It's not Rocket Science. Surely you can see that. It seems I'm not the one being contradictory right now.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★

What's comical to me is the moment they mention big announcement, most peoples' minds tend to go to any place that gives personal benefit.

No, what's comical is how you always assume what others are thinking, so that you can think the opposite of it.
    What wrong with that? I don’t know if he really assumes. Most people make their stance pretty clear.
    It IS a big announcement. It's big to them. It's big to the people participating. It's big for those of us interested and watching. It's called hype, and some of us are into it. What do you want them to say? "Something is coming. Never done it before. You can't be a part of it, but watch if you care to."
    I would fire anyone with that pitch in a heartbeat.

"Something is coming. Never done it before. You can't be a part of it, but watch if you care to."

I don't think deception is a good way to get hype. They could've just said there will be an announcement for a new tournament, simple and clear, nobody gets disappointed. You say "big announcement", people tend to think of new content and such that will effect everyone, big stuff, not something that was already expected, but on a larger scale. I already said I watch these things. Smh man. You can do better.
    If you're going by that standard, any surprise is a deception. That's not logical at all.
    I don't mean to sound judgmental for people getting their hopes up. That's a normal reaction. Most of us have that. We hear big announcement, and our minds go places. I just don't attach myself to any possibility that comes in my mind. That way when things are revealed, I'm not upset. The thing about surprises is that they can be anything.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I think people are too caught up on rewards. It seems like every event, offer or issue / bug in the game must have some big rewards to satisfy the discontented.
    Personally, I think fun gameplay is the key, if kabam could get duels sorted so we can actually play each other in live duels. That would be great. People would freak out and the game would have a new dimension, if that was showcased in this tournament, everyone would want to watch. I'll still watch some but, I'm hoping there's something new they're showcasing.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Besides crystal openings I honestly don't watch none of those MCOC YouTubers. I guess that's y'all thing, sit for hours watching them do dungeons or arena - but I actually have a life.
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    Yes because the millons that play mcoc can be there..... Another "eh".
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Man people will really have a moan about just about anything here.
    AndiYTDE said:

Husky54 said:

Djkrdjj said:

Do as you want. I expressed my thoughts. It's engaging. While I can understand that people want to be able to participate in something, I don't personally need something in it for me to enjoy it.

Someone who gets it. I agree that it kinda sucks that the big announcement wasn’t something that everybody could participate in but jeez guys. It hasn’t happened yet. Who knows what will happen? But also at the same time @GroundedWisdom is right. Not everything as to be inclusive to be enjoyable
    Ok then tell me why I should care. Content creators are just marketing tools who make money from a third party platform. I don’t care about marketing. I don’t care about anybody getting free advertising. There is literally no benefit to anyone not directly involved.
    Tell me, are you a Sports Fan?
    Interesting how you once again show your double standards. A few weeks ago when we discussed about whether the Black Order should have the villain tag, I brought up Mister Sinister as a comparisation and you were crying "ThAt HAs nOtHIng tO dO WiTH tHE TopiC". Now you bring up something that has nothing to do with the topic.
    This announcement is a big disappointment, Kabam was creating a hype that should affect everyone who plays the game, but the actual announcement only affects a very small amount of these people, not too hard to understand.
    I came up with a metaphor that mirrors my point. Pretty good one, actually. In that discussion, you kept insisting that the Black Order must be Tagged as Villains, and Sinister was somehow misrepresented. What you still don't get is they make the Tags. Along with Marvel. Not us.
    If you're going to talk to me about double-standards on being off-topic, you might not want to carry discussions over from other Threads. They didn't say anything of the sort. They said there was a big announcement.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    The crybabies are out in force.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

I think people are too caught up on rewards. It seems like every event, offer or issue / bug in the game must have some big rewards to satisfy the discontented.
    Personally, I think fun gameplay is the key, if kabam could get duels sorted so we can actually play each other in live duels. That would be great. People would freak out and the game would have a new dimension, if that was showcased in this tournament, everyone would want to watch. I'll still watch some but, I'm hoping there's something new they're showcasing.

Yes and no
    Fun content is key without it people wouldn’t play the game but if there are horrible rewards a lot of the time it can be frustrating especially when your trying to progress through the game
  • DanielYorkDanielYork Posts: 42
    The issue I have will this is that it affects a small portion of the community. When you consider how many play and the number that will watch/participate I can’t help but to think it’s a waste of resources that could have been used to improve the game. Either more content, reworking champs or fixing numerous bugs. Instead time and money was spent of something that 90% of the player base will never see.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike can you confirm wether or not this is the “big announcement” we were promised, or is there something a little bit... less underwhelming in store?

Some might find this underwhelming, but others definitely do not.

This is the first big tournament that we've been a part of, with some of our community's favourite Content Creators and some of our most experienced and accomplished players taking the stage to Compete to prove that they are the best!
    Hi Miike

Is there still going to be a separate tournament at NYCC with the wheel and all? I've been to the last two and I'm goign this year so that would be great if you still had that competition or at least the wheel :)
    It's not the same line of arguments. It's not even the same discussion. I'm not going into it any further.
  • Kinda left this out, but didn't mean to.

The content creators also help many of us clear content and learn to player better. We all have our own preferences on who we watch or like... And some of us don't watch any at all. Regardless, most of the YouTube folks are trying to help players in one way or another. Yeah, there are many clickbait-y type yters out there as well lol. But that's not the point.

Just didn't wanna seem like i was leaving them out lmao. There are a ton of good yters out there and involved in this thing.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★

I was actually just about to post how I think most of the ”content” creators get unfairly treated but this evens it out. I’m glad to see they are finally getting their fair shake.

what about the ones who weren't invited :'(:'(:'(:'( but i'm not bitter at all.............
    Dang man, I would’ve love loved to see some crazy Morningstar gameplay at the tournament.
  • Werewrym said:

@chunkyb I don't think anyone denies there are some great people involved with this, and sure I think it'll be fun to watch. But my big complaint with it is that it will only include YouTubers, or players in the very top alliances. Summoners have wanted a tournament for years and it's unfortunate that Kabam can't do more to involve the "normal" summoners who perhaps have as much or even more skill in the game, but can't qualify because they aren't content creators or players in the top alliances. I think a lot of the disappointment here has been interpreted as dislike for the content creators and top alliances when it really isn't.

I feel ya. It's a valid mindset as well. I think Kabam tends to move slowly on a lot of things bc they're cautious. Obv Idk for sure, but it's the feeling i get.

They're always talking here about watching the data and adjusting from there. Usually that pertains directly to AQ/AW or champion changes. I've always believed when they do stuff like this little tournament.. They probably watch the data and feedback in the same way.

You and I are a lot alike as far as enjoying the challenging stuff. You've been calling for some sort of tourney for a long time. I've run several of them on Line. I've also tried to push AW towards a tournament style. Maybe we can leverage this thing into more widespread events? But I'd imagine if the overwhelming data is ppl crapping on it or complaining about no rewards in their acct... It might be more difficult lmao
This discussion has been closed.