**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

is the game getting dull for you too?

Hey all,
Just wondering what everybody thinks about the constant loop the game events and monthly quest are in.
Personally i am really waiting for actual new content, not just more of the same every month. but don't think we will ever get that.

You're thoughts??

with regards

Comments

• DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Make a poll lol I vote yes it is dull
  • That would have been easier:p
    don't know how though
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 291 ★★★
    Kinda, I've completed everything available to do bar LOL because I'm f2p and have 241 units, so that's never happening. Another month for 5.3, just getting really bored :/
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Shorter timers for AQ and AW would be a nice start. The game is not dull, it's just draining cause you have to be on the game so often to really complete the hardest team events like those.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Nope, I'm enjoying a hard but fun heroic exploration. And I'm nearing my first 5 star! Great job Kabam!
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    It has gotten a bit dull for me. Not on the grounds of events though, even though 5.2 was the most boring questing I have ever played. Whats causing it to be dull for me is the constant failed crystal opening. With so many terrible champs in the crystals in comparison to good/useful champs I don't get excited about opening 4 or 5 star crystals anymore, which for me was always the highlight of the game.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Yes. I'd like to see an endurance type challenge or maybe even a training arena that you complete with milestones of skill like:
    parry 100x, evade/dexterity 100x, perfect rounds, or some kind of new challenge.
    Also maybe some kind of difficulty that isn't just jacked up champs with ridiculous node buffs and abilities to block when I can't. It feels more like cheating than difficulty for some reason.
    A "build your own AQ" where you or your alliance set the nodes and general rules would be awesome but likely a huge undertaking to go global.
    I guess all the ideas thrown out there on this forum would suggest the grind is getting old.
    I do still love playing the game though.
    If Kabam would ever learn what "Coming Soon" means maybe than Bases will be added and it could add some extra excitement to the game
  • ManiacalMeManiacalMe Posts: 57
    Yes. I'd like to see an endurance type challenge or maybe even a training arena that you complete with milestones of skill like:
    parry 100x, evade/dexterity 100x, perfect rounds, or some kind of new challenge.
    Also maybe some kind of difficulty that isn't just jacked up champs with ridiculous node buffs and abilities to block when I can't. It feels more like cheating than difficulty for some reason.
    A "build your own AQ" where you or your alliance set the nodes and general rules would be awesome but likely a huge undertaking to go global.
    I guess all the ideas thrown out there on this forum would suggest the grind is getting old.
    I do still love playing the game though.

Something that rewards skill sounds nice. Like an achievement list in some kind of quest realm that gives rewards for using skills you use everyday but using them in different ways or combinations. I like that.

Also, nodes that don't require us to degenerate our health without being hit sounds nice as well. There have to be other ways to make tough nodes without us having to lose health for no reason.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Same as the rest. Feeling bored. Don't log in as often as I used to, and when I do, it's only to spend AQ and AW energy. Still haven't finished exploring Heroic. While I'm writing this, I have full quest energy but just don't feel like logging in and doing those boring quests. Was doing the arena few days ago to awaken X-23. Even at that time I didn't feel like logging in. Had to rush towards the end of the arena to make up for the score lost at the beginning due to not logging in
  • Very. Especially war. Its the same boring map against the same defenders over and over. Rewards suck for war too. Should be double what they are. Matchmaking would be better if based off alliance rating not war rating or prestige if thats an issue
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    edited August 2017
    LOL.....say that to a guy who's been playing for 2 yrs+. Everything is a bore now. Each month new champs are being added and all you get are the [Removed by Mod] ones. The crystal opening was the only fun thing in game and even that sucks now. The only thing left for me is a LOL run and getting my second r4 which would happen in a month.
    Post edited by Kabam Pertinax on
  • SafiulSafiul Posts: 17
    Hey all,
    Just wondering what everybody thinks about the constant loop the game events and monthly quest are in.
    Personally i am really waiting for actual new content, not just more of the same every month. but don't think we will ever get that.

You're thoughts??

with regards

Pery is not registering and evade is not working properly. Not only that the game is very leggy on iphone 7+
  • SafiulSafiul Posts: 17
    Totally unplayable after this 14 update
    edited August 2017
    I think the big thing that used to make the game so much better was the fact that bugs/glitches got fixed a lot quicker and you weren't forced to deal with it for insanely extended periods of time. Trying to play a glitchy game does in fact get old.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    If Kabam would ever learn what "Coming Soon" means maybe than Bases will be added and it could add some extra excitement to the game

Kabam must be working on trademarking the phase, its just there to troll us at this point and be bait for newer players coming into the game

• He all thanks for replying

Besides bugs and lagging gameplay, (always thought that was just poor testing, and the inability to say sorry we screwed up and gonna pull the update) you know like they do with cars or computers when they figure out its not working properly, it gets called back or pulled of the shelves. but this is not what i'm on about

Here a few i have been thinking about that may boost the fun in the game a bit again or at least will create more diversion in events and give more options to focus on.

The option to have a menu or something like that to make teams for arena, it saves them and when playing arena you dont have to pic champs every time it will just move from team to team. this will allow for some extra playing around with synergies for example in a more organised manner.

More and different events both ally and solo, so its never again gonna be the same every week, always something different then the week before

It would be great if timers in aq and wars are reduced.

A new type of event were an overpowered boss like champ will be attacking or can be summoned by the alliance you're in and you need to defeat him (if any of you know LOTR Legends from Kabam we had something like that in there) that would be interesting

But the thing i would like to see the most is actually being able to play against each other, or like in future fight play real time with friends against a boosted opponent.

i also like the idea of being rewarded for skills, this could actually make arena interesting again......not to replace current system, but occasionally have a event arena with a points system based on skills.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    edited August 2017
    I don't think there is a way to make this game not so dull/ repetitive/boring. It's been around for over 2 years. How many console games in your lifetime did you play for more than 2 years? I think most of the people who feel the way we do, don't want to back away from this game because of all the time invested in the game to get the champs we have at the rank they're at.

Everyone screaming for bases will be bored of that too. Let's go back to the first fight when you first downloaded the game...."tap the left side and hold to block"..that stuff. We've been doing that same move ever since. Nothing's changed. You can name it what you want, arena, daily quest,AQ,event quest, war, BASES, farfignewton.....all the same.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Boring.... hell no! I always look forward to each update filled with new, exciting bugs.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    All you guys do is complain on this game. Maybe if you have fun spirit you would enjoy the game more.
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    All you guys do is complain on this game.

True. Making a new nerf thread everyday is better
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I havent make a nerf thread in a long time. My MCOC list are improvements.
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I havent make a nerf thread in a long time. My MCOC list are improvements.

Should start working on one then :p
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Hey all,

You're thoughts??

with regards

As already stated, the game is all about swiping back, swiping forward, tap, hold, block and nothing else.

There's nothing "new" that actually be added to the game. No matter what heroes are added, you will be doing the same moves. No matter what nodes or new maps are added to the game, you will still be doing the same moves. They can add level 90 and a bunch of new mastery skills to match, you will again be doing the same moves.

Well, I take that back. They could add some strategy to the game similar to tower defense.

In the old forum, I posted a tower defense type manifesto for bases. I don't recall all the details anymore but the idea is that everybody has bases and you can attack each other's bases like you can do in Forged to Fight. But the difference is that you can level up the nodes and even change the map (including its size).

I might have simplified it to alliance bases or made it individual player bases. I don't recall anymore.

• KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    I'll chime in.

Yes, to me the game is definitly dull.
    The game is full of bugs and any fun quality the game had is now gone. It's called "the bottleneck"
    The game is about progression and waiting. And when the wait becomes too long, the outcome isn't fun. It's just long overdue. There is too much work and money required to get menial rewards. Also all the champs are either way op or trash, and you want to wait till the second cycle to try for them In Case they suck. Which more often than not they will.

Esp, when you sit on loads of resources and it comes down to gaining t4B and t1 alphas. To rank anyone.
    I have an hoard of map 5 crystals, t4cc crystals, two 5* gems, 5* shards waiting till January for the basic add ins, and now it's this creeping feeling. This slowly creep along like a stalling traffic jam or DMV line. Where I'm more pressing to get through the content to gain the rewards, than care to play the fights.

I never feel joy to play the quests and in the end just want them over with. The length of the fights and how many they are don't line up with the rewards. I hardly log in for aw/aq.
    And I wait, twiddling my thumbs. I log in for rewards. It's the same old. They could fix this with sporadic quests, better rewards, and not so much monotony of what to expect. The fights aren't hard, they're "hard", they have a node I've seen before "aggression". It's essentially they have faster timing and seem to be be able to block and do things you can't. The game has lost touch with its original purpose it seems.
    I miss being able to parry specials, the physical specials. But they said it gave issue with the sound.
    Well they still finish the specials sound when they die mid special. So I assume it's because you couldnt take 1000 in block damage if you can parry specials.
    The game is now about draining your resources and catching a cheap shot that kills you.
    It seems it's all about draining your pocket book.

Also, I used to enjoy supporting the game team with spending money here and there, but now I don't spend at all. I don't see a point to give these people any more money.
    4* feature crystals are useless when you have 80+ 4*. And you hoard 5* shards waiting around for a champ to come that's good to be added that you have a gem for. with the hopes to get them.
    Then when all that time is wasted, yet again. You just sit and question if doing it all over is worth it. And you sit and think, probably not. And play less, and less, spend, less and less.
  • goshgodgoshgod Posts: 17
    We've been talking about the same thing in our alliance. We're an experienced alliance, with most players having played for around 2 years. We generally agree the game has lost its touch. Nobody can say for sure what the reason is, but reading some comments in this thread makes me think that terrible phc drop rates (which used to be a lot better), and no real pressing need or want for progression after reaching and staying at tier1 in alliance war for a long time and already having loads of champs. Our alliance isn't doing map6 anymore because we don't think the time and money is worth it. I just don't know how Kabam would fix this - or even if they want to fix this. Maybe they're phasing out this game slowly. Maybe adding some more champs players can complete LoL with at cheaper cost? So many skilled players in our alliance not doing LoL because they don't have a Starlord or Stark Spidey and doing LoL with other champs would cost them a lot more. Also at this level, the rewards from LoL first completion are not exactly someone would be dying to get. I don't know...
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Yes and No. Yes because arena is boring and now it feels like you have to pull resources out of your ass just to go to an alliance that won't accept you. No because i still like playing with characters and I pay attention to the story of the contest and it seems interesting..
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    It has gotten a bit dull for me. Not on the grounds of events though, even though 5.2 was the most boring questing I have ever played. Whats causing it to be dull for me is the constant failed crystal opening. With so many terrible champs in the crystals in comparison to good/useful champs I don't get excited about opening 4 or 5 star crystals anymore, which for me was always the highlight of the game.
    This. I'm tired to see noobs opening new champs while I'm getting the same Iron Patriot or Rocket Racoon over and over again.

Also, new concept of the game in act 5.2 (spend or die) is boring. That's not challenging at all, that's stupid and irritating because we basically play for no/few rewards.