**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliances already swapping to shells to avoid War Rating freezing

2»

Comments

• Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    There is no perfect solution to the matter.The new AW off-season changes and treasury reform will deter a good amount of alliances from that conduct.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

There is no perfect solution to the matter.The new AW off-season changes and treasury reform will deter a good amount of alliances from that conduct.

As a matter of fact, it doesn’t. Simple reason being the action to circumvent both restrictions is the same, ie, to have bots preload the shell alliance in preparation for the next, then have entire alliances move there after Season rewards drop.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    edited July 2019
    You don’t need a new shell you just tank your shell during season when rating isn’t locked. Also it not against TOS to lose you can’t force people to win.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

You don’t need a new shell you just tank your shell during season when rating isn’t locked. Also it not against TOS to lose you can’t force people to win.

It's not against the TOS to lose, no. Manipulating the system for unfair advantages is exploitative and not in the spirit of fair play. That is.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★

It's not against the TOS to lose, no. Manipulating the system for unfair advantages is exploitative and not in the spirit of fair play. That is.
    How's this for "fair play":

Upper class: continue to make $500k+. No worries, your money is safe, regardless of egregious behavior.
    Upper middle class: you can slightly improve your $250k+, but won't lose much if you choose to test your 1 star defense repeatedly.
    Everyone else: inflate your sense of self-worth against your tanking superiors just to have your hopes dashed at the start of the season when you realize you've wildly overachieved.
    Come to think of it, just like real life! Bravo, game company!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

How's this for "fair play":

Upper class: continue to make $500k+. No worries, your money is safe, regardless of egregious behavior.
    Upper middle class: you can slightly improve your $250k+, but won't lose much if you choose to test your 1 star defense repeatedly.
    Everyone else: inflate your sense of self-worth against your tanking superiors just to have your hopes dashed at the start of the season when you realize you've wildly overachieved.
    Come to think of it, just like real life! Bravo, game company!
    I don't support any forms of manipulation. Spending is part of the game. That I don't argue against. It's just not a F2P-only game. If there's an implication that they allow people to cheat if they spend in there, not really in agreeance with that. Cheating is cheating in my books. If people are giving plausible but untrue justifications for it by saying the system can't force you to play fair, I'm going to call it for what it is.
  • DaniDematéDaniDematé Posts: 9
    Kaladin_ said:

I think the break down of this conversation is the misunderstanding of how AW ratings work.

DING, DING, DING!!!! We have a winner!!

I don’t think most of you understand how AW points and rankings work. High tier alliances shift in the offseason so they can pick up where they left off. The only solution would be to reset everyones tier for every war season, which would destroy match making. THERE ISN'T A SOLUTION, because it’s not a real problem. (Would you rather Kabam work on this or fixing crappy champs? I’ll take the champs)

Few points I think most of you are missing

1. Higher tier alliances don’t need easier matches or fights. They 100% everything all the time... (this is key for gaining maximum points over a season)
    2. Easier matches may provide an ability to to use less items, but lower tiers have lower multiplier. (Win or lose the multiplier is the key)
    3. You don’t want to build multipliers when war starts, you want to start at the top tier and stay there, it’s the only way you’ll hit high tier rewards.

If you do the math it’s easy to see:
    Ex: (not actual multiplier just an example)
    Tier 1 = 8x match points
    Tier 7 = 3.5x match points

Let’s say no matter what you’ll score 145,000 with 3 BG clears (win or lose) 50,000 additional points if you win.

Points after a first round win would be approximately:
    Tier1= 1.56 million
    Tier7= 682,000

Multiply this put over a season and you can see it’s not about wins and losses, it’s about multipliers. If your not hitting the max multiplier each round you’ll never hit masters, or maintain platinum. Top tier alliances/players figured this out long ago.

For those who are saying if you lose you’ll drop multiplier.... you’re right. But a loss, several losses, at high tiers is still better than being undefeated as you climb the ladder.
    And for those of you taking about harvesting shards & rewards..... your noob is showing.

The players doing this are end game players. If you haven’t figured it out yet let me be clear: MCOC is a free to play game. Like many games, free to play is not free to win. Most people who complete end game content pay, and they pay a lot. There is a reason they put limits on the 4th of July deals, people buy as much as they can. Kabam is doing what they can to make it fair for everyone. I feel like most of you don’t understand the investment (⏱&💰) that people put into this game.

Spoiler Alert!!!
    Kabam is a business that has a goal of making $. This means they are naturally going to cater to players that spend vs. the rest of the community.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Kaladin_ said:

I think the break down of this conversation is the misunderstanding of how AW ratings work.

DING, DING, DING!!!! We have a winner!!

I don’t think most of you understand how AW points and rankings work. High tier alliances shift in the offseason so they can pick up where they left off. The only solution would be to reset everyones tier for every war season, which would destroy match making. THERE ISN'T A SOLUTION, because it’s not a real problem. (Would you rather Kabam work on this or fixing crappy champs? I’ll take the champs)

Few points I think most of you are missing

1. Higher tier alliances don’t need easier matches or fights. They 100% everything all the time... (this is key for gaining maximum points over a season)
    2. Easier matches may provide an ability to to use less items, but lower tiers have lower multiplier. (Win or lose the multiplier is the key)
    3. You don’t want to build multipliers when war starts, you want to start at the top tier and stay there, it’s the only way you’ll hit high tier rewards.

If you do the math it’s easy to see:
    Ex: (not actual multiplier just an example)
    Tier 1 = 8x match points
    Tier 7 = 3.5x match points

Let’s say no matter what you’ll score 145,000 with 3 BG clears (win or lose) 50,000 additional points if you win.

Points after a first round win would be approximately:
    Tier1= 1.56 million
    Tier7= 682,000

Multiply this put over a season and you can see it’s not about wins and losses, it’s about multipliers. If your not hitting the max multiplier each round you’ll never hit masters, or maintain platinum. Top tier alliances/players figured this out long ago.

For those who are saying if you lose you’ll drop multiplier.... you’re right. But a loss, several losses, at high tiers is still better than being undefeated as you climb the ladder.
    Except the fact that Multipliers are static within a tier so a Tier 1 Alliance at an equilibrium rating of 3.5k can drop to 3k ratings and still maintain the exact same multiplier.

Even with a +50 each war, which is rare for Tier 1, they will get 10 wins off easier matchups to go back to their equilibrium war rating while getting a higher season score.

Example,
    Scenario A : Alliance X remains at 3.5k ratings where they usually get a 50% win rate. After 10 wars, their season points will be (150k x 5 + 200k x 5) x 7 = 12.25m

Scenario B : Alliance X drops to 3k ratings where they win 10 wars to get back to 3.5k ratings. Their season points will be (200k x 10) x 7 = 14m
    Again, Your making a speculative guess at wins and losses vs actual experiences. Most wars in tier 1-5 come down to diversity and not dying. 100% completion happens every war.

Stop thinking that everyone is cheating. Get better at the game and you will understand