**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars - Defense Tactics and Rewards Update Discussion Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

You know, people keep interjecting with that same retort and it's getting old. Not to mention redundant. "You don't play. You don't know."
    They also keep adding things I never said. I didn't say it's enough. I said they added more.

So you're saying that the increase to rewards was an increase, got it. Obviously you aren't be incorrect if that's your only argument here. There are multiple instances where you are stating over time it adds up which again isn't incorrect.

The issue I personally have is when people are saying it isn't enough for top tier and you're battling them on it. Anything below Tier 5 actually hasn't had any real difficulty increase but the rewards have been increased A LOT which I think is nice. What I'd like to see is a bigger increase for the Tiers that actually have to deal with new nodes, global buffs, bigger stats and higher ranked champions.

People will obviously want more rewards if they could but when we're talking +80 6* shards for a win in Tier 1 being classified as an "increase" I have to scoff. That isn't moving the needle to entice people to go back to taking war seriously again. Yes participating in war is up to us, if we don't like it we shouldn't do it yada yada but if Kabam is looking for advice from a player who has been playing Top Tier war probably for about 7+ seasons now it's this >>>> Just increase the rewards a little more and make war crystals from victory and losses actually meaningful. It would go a long way.

It IS correct. When you're looking at increasing Rewards in War, you have to consider total potential gains. Meaning how much they add up to over time. Not sure what you mean by instances where that isn't correct, but they're carefully adjusted. Not just based on how much they think our time is worth.
    I'm not arguing anyone who says it isn't enough. Explicitly said that. Repeatedly.

- "You're not even there and you're telling people what's enough."

- "I never said anything was enough."

- "You keep telling people what they should be."

- "I didn't say anything about what should be."

- "Someone in your Tier shouldn't be arguing feedback from people higher up."

- "People can express their own feelings on it."

Do you see a pattern here?

People don't think it's enough. I don't argue that. That's how they feel. What I'm trying to explain that's not being received is there's a process to adding more.
    Of course there is a process to adding more. That doesn't mean that the process doesn't fail. It sounds like your only real point is that adding more shards would be bad because of the accumulation. I think that's nonsense. People can buy all the cavalier crystals they want. For people at the top only new champs and rank up materials make a difference to their roster. Adding some more shards is really not a big deal. Everything else that you are arguing is irrelevant. They buffed the AQ rewards and the general consensus is that it was a good buff. They buffed the AW rewards and people that fight those wars overwhelmingly find the buff to be inadequate. Pointing out that there is a "process" is neither here nor there. We, who are fighting these wars, are providing feedback based on our experience in the game. People are correct in saying that if you aren't fighting wars with increased difficulty at a level where it is necessary to 100% the map even in a loss, you can't know whether or not this feedback is warranted. Being tired of hearing doesn't mean it isn't true.
    It's not my job to say if it's warranted or not. What I registered on was the suggestions put forth and I said that would be too much cumulatively. Sorry, I don't agree that they can just add a little more. Not without considering the overall effects. To be honest, I find that perspective irreverent to the process involved. If that's the case, add a little here, a little there, and it doesn't change anything at all.
    Buying has a cost. That's the limiting factor. Just because people can spend as much as they're able doesn't mean they can just add what they want to earnable Resources without affecting the overall.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

honestly, you are going to see so many burnouts at the end of the next season.
    1) Higher difficulty (as if it wasn't enough with the new nodes from season 10).
    2) More complexity (Your roster has to become further developed, as current answers to particular champ will no longer be viable with the new tactics).
    3) Much more work for the leadership team. This point is key. The work has increased multifold. More "complexity" to choose defenses based on rosters, and so much more work assigning paths with specific defense tactics, and lanes. How much more work do you want to give the players?

The rewards arent enough to develop point2, the shard increase is a pittance.
    and you folks have given us zero tools in game to help with any others. No tag filtering has been implemented, no attacker buffs have been given. It is just so much work. Work with the players Kabam, dont look to line your pockets, or this will be short term.

Complexity cost—that hits the nail on the head. It’s almost refreshing to look back at the early champs and early nodes and see how fundamental it all was. It’s not even close anymore—granted, some of the nuance and layers are good and enliven the game, but without a decent UI, server response time and reliability, without responsive support and dedicated QA, it’s overwhelming.

Now add in underwhelming prizes. And it’s just another misstep.

Dr. Zola
    I agree, if shards were more widely available for 5 stars which AW has the perfect opportunity to do we wouldn't have issues with the difficulty because we would have more access to counters. I truly think closing that gap will solve this issue outside of Tier1-Tier5.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    Kabam turned their most competitive game mode into one that makes the most sense to compete at little as possible. The rewards are so bad compared to the effort that it is much more efficient for a top ally to not spend in AW and sleepwalk to a platinum finish then it is to push for masters. That is horrible game design.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

Kabam turned their most competitive game mode into one that makes the most sense to compete at little as possible. The rewards are so bad compared to the effort that it is much more efficient for a top ally to not spend in AW and sleepwalk to a platinum finish then it is to push for masters. That is horrible game design.

That is my sense as well. I mentioned a few posts back that I feel as though Kabam is signalling to the player base that AW should not be too important. Perhaps it is a response to the fact that they have seen high burn out rates among the top players since AW Seasons was introduced, and now they are scaling back its importance so as to tone down burn out rates.

Personally I like the fact that rewards are down, it means we can not worry too much about wars, and just do AQ for stress free rewards.
  • TheBigSchemeTheBigScheme Posts: 60
    So do those def tactics nullify attacker abilites? I was using CG with all 4 missions done and true strike on that one gets from synergy with PM and S champs were still evading me
  • Revenge_of_the_NerfsRevenge_of_the_Nerfs Posts: 97
    edited July 2019
    Can anyone point me to a better thread to discuss defense tactics? There is way too much bickering here and the thread is really hard to follow. :(

Mods if you could possibly split up future discussions of the rewards and the defense tactics, I think that might help. The rewards conversation has taken over.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    To be honest, the debate has been done for 5 days. No one else has added anything about Defense Tactics. They're free to do so.
  • TheRevolutiLeniTheRevolutiLeni Posts: 7
    Forget the rewards. When are the Tactics bugs going to be fixed. No point in starting AW season if Punisher 2099 gets block penetration and increases special attack damage when the mercenary tactic is active despite not being a mercenary or x-men.
    No point in Korg getting enhanced by any of the tactics when his attributes don’t match up to any of the tactics qualifications.
    Etc. etc.
    Get these fixed (among many others) and then it actually could be worth playing AW
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Allowing Iron Man IW to be immune from armor break on node 23 is pure madness.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    How about turning on synergies for AW Defence?