**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

HOW IS ICEMAN NOT COLDSNAP IMMUNE!?

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Too_qik said:

Bruh Iceman should be immune to his own coldsnap, how on Earth is he not? For example, humman torch is immune to incinerate, but Iceman isn't immune to coldsnap!? What the heck is going on here?

He’s naked.
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    Too_qik said:

DNA3000 said:

Axo4545 said:

You are right, he should be immune to coldsnap and several other champs should be immune to certain effects that there aren't. Not sure if it's a case of kabam dropping the ball or if they intentionally set it up that way for a reason.

The Punisher should never be able to defeat Phoenix or Ghost Rider, ever. When the players enter that fight with Punisher, Elektra, Iron Man, Doc Oc, Spider Gwen, Blade, Corvus, or any of the other champions that have no chance to beat Phoenix of Ghost Rider the game should just tell the player that they lose, end of fight. But Kabam dropped the ball on that one also.
    No way, that would be awful.
    Do you not understand? They are practically unbeatable, if MCOC followed actual physics then these characters would be unbeatable (they probably wouldn't exist with actual physics but whatever). I believe he was saying why what you are saying is wrong, Iceman doesn't have to be immune to coldsnap.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    edited July 2019

Too_qik said:

DNA3000 said:

Axo4545 said:

You are right, he should be immune to coldsnap and several other champs should be immune to certain effects that there aren't. Not sure if it's a case of kabam dropping the ball or if they intentionally set it up that way for a reason.

The Punisher should never be able to defeat Phoenix or Ghost Rider, ever. When the players enter that fight with Punisher, Elektra, Iron Man, Doc Oc, Spider Gwen, Blade, Corvus, or any of the other champions that have no chance to beat Phoenix of Ghost Rider the game should just tell the player that they lose, end of fight. But Kabam dropped the ball on that one also.
    Phoenix is one of the most powerful mutants ever. She could mentally explode someone with just a thought.

Ghost Rider could deem you unworthy and send you to tell just by looking at you.

The Sentry could destroy you with how powerful he is.

Thanos could snap you into oblivion since he had the infinity stone gauntlet.

Scarlet Witch could make you go crazy and kill yourself with just a thought.

Dr Strange could open a Orange circle portal and cut you in half.

Point is, iceman isn't Cold snap immune and the question has been answered 100's of times.
    I understand that people are beating a dead horse with this kind of topic but I've never really understood these arguments. I don't see how giving Iceman Coldsnap/Frostbite Immunity or Ghost Rider Incinerate Immunity would mean that everyone else has to be buffed to break the game?

I'm fine with the champions how they are but I'm also for making champions as accurate as possible to their comic/MCU counterparts as possible without breaking the game of course.
    Right. But also at the same time I can see how those two are really good and don’t need anothe piece of utility. But no one says that. My problem is no one says anything constructive,even some of the people complaining about constructive posts. It’s like Just answer the question and move on. You don’t need to give snarky responses.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Has Kabam ever responded to this? I mean, they mustve seen it by now
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Has Kabam ever responded to this? I mean, they mustve seen it by now

In almost every thread they have responded. They don't have any intention of changing them at this point.

Too_qik said:

DNA3000 said:

Axo4545 said:

Phoenix is one of the most powerful mutants ever. She could mentally explode someone with just a thought.

Ghost Rider could deem you unworthy and send you to tell just by looking at you.

Point is, iceman isn't Cold snap immune and the question has been answered 100's of times.
    I understand that people are beating a dead horse with this kind of topic but I've never really understood these arguments. I don't see how giving Iceman Coldsnap/Frostbite Immunity or Ghost Rider Incinerate Immunity would mean that everyone else has to be buffed to break the game?

I'm fine with the champions how they are but I'm also for making champions as accurate as possible to their comic/MCU counterparts as possible without breaking the game of course.
    It's not about if it would break the game. Really though, do we really know if Iceman would be immune to coldsnap? Given the different types of elemental fire types in the comic universe, would he really be immune to every type?

It may make sense to you and many others, they didn't add them in for a reason. Maybe they will at somepoint but their focus is on champs that need buffs.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Too_qik said:

Djkrdjj said:

Too_qik said:

Djkrdjj said:

I tHinKs the enemy places cOLdeR iCE on him so he fEELs that colder ice and isn’t ImMuNE to that because it is CoLDEr than his NORmaL BoDY TemPERatURe. So he gets fRozEN

What's with the caps?
    I’m meming just like u, bro.

A thread about the same was created today. Taking consideration that there are other 100 of them, this is a duplicated. Spam.

He is immune to his own abilities. He is not immune to other championabilities. This is a fictional universe and it does make sense to be whatever it is.

Multiple people can have the same ideas, however this thread, I think, is just someone meming.
    It's not.
    You people are just mad because I am defending kabam in my other discussion
    I'm surprised you didn't make a poll out of it.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    ALRIGHT LISTEN UP I'M GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF THESE POSTS
    KABAM MIIKE HAS RESPONDED TO MANY, MANY OTHER POSTS LIKE THIS, USE THE BAR FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE MAN. THERE ARE LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF OTHER POLLS LIKE: why isn't "x" immune to "y"???

Too_qik said:

DNA3000 said:

Axo4545 said:

It's not about if it would break the game. Really though, do we really know if Iceman would be immune to coldsnap? Given the different types of elemental fire types in the comic universe, would he really be immune to every type?

It may make sense to you and many others, they didn't add them in for a reason. Maybe they will at somepoint but their focus is on champs that need buffs.
    Well I'm not that well versed in comics to talk about Iceman so I won't attempt to answer that. But regarding GR you're absolutely right. He probably wouldn't be immune to every type of fire. But that doesn't mean he can't be Incinerate Immune. Kabam can create new debuffs that reflect those different types of fires that you mention like HT's Nova Flames.

And I should have made it more clear before that I'm not demanding that these champions to be buffed now or at all. However, I would appreciate it if they did.

I'm not saying you were. Just saying they have higher priority buffs to consider.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    While we're on the topic, og Ironman should be immune, or at least have a resistance to coldsnap too.
    In the movie (first Ironman) his suit freezes when he flies too high so he has to adapt it to be cold resistant.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    @Too_qik
    I’m not well versed on the X-men but I’ll try my best from memory. I think icemans powers work by absorbing the moisture around him and lowering its temperature so if he did that to another iceman I guess it would work?
    Thermokinesis
    Iceman is a mutant with the superhuman ability to lower his external and internal body temperature, projecting intense coldness from his body. Like any normal human being's, the nerve centers for regulating Iceman's body temperature are found in the part of the brain called the hypothalamus. However, Iceman can mentally override his hypothalamus to allow his body temperature to be lowered by an unknown internal mechanism. This ability converts the latent thermal energies in and around his body into an unknown form of energy that is efficiently dissipated. A related mutation has rendered his body tissues unaffected by sub-zero temperatures. Iceman can consciously, immediately lower his body temperature from its normal 98.6 Fahrenheit to absolute zero (The point where all molecular motion stops.) and lower within the span of a few tenths of a second. Iceman's power to generate cold is so great, he was able to stop a massive nuclear explosion.

The logic could be that Iceman in MCOC isn't at absolute zero when fighting thus being able to be effected but frostbite/coldsnap.
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    Axo4545 said:

DNA3000 said:

Axo4545 said:

Making certain characters immune to certain things isn't really the same as making them unbeatable but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone has the right to disagree with them. If everyone agreed there wouldn't be much need for a forum.
    He saying that if the game is logic based these characters would be unbeatable and then maybe Iceman would be immune.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    He's literally made out of ice. He should be coldsnap immune. How does cold hurt ice? lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Too_qik said:

DNA3000 said:

Axo4545 said:

You can make Iceman coldsnap immune without changing anything else. You can do anything: you can make Elektra incinerate immune if you want to. The point is not that making Iceman coldsnap immune forces you to do anything else, the point is there has to be a reason why you make Iceman coldsnap immune, and that reason has to be balanced against all other game design imperatives. Right now Iceman is almost certainly an extremely high performing champion and thus there's no reason to give him any extra abilities. So the fact that he "is supposed to be" coldsnap immune is not a good enough reason on its own. If it was, then to be consistent you would in fact have to do all those other "game breaking" things, because you no longer cared about the state of gameplay relative to your own interpretation of comic book logic.

This is on top of the fact that if your reason for making him coldsnap immune is either a physics-based reason or a comic book logic reason, both of those reasons are not air-tight. Things like wikis are not authoritative in general: I can edit that page. But if we presume the comics themselves are considered as authoritative a source as we can have, then the comics themselves do not state that Iceman is immune to Iceman's energy manipulation powers, and anyone who thinks Iceman just exposes things to cold to make them cold is not up to date on the current canon. Iceman is an Omega class energy manipulator. Nowhere has it been established that Iceman is immune to such energy manipulation effects, and any reasonable extrapolation of the comics using basic physics would support the notion that it is an open question as to whether Iceman would be immune to that kind of effect.

TL;DR: if you're balancing gameplay concerns and comic book fidelity properly, you don't buff a champion that is already one of the top performing. And separate from that, if you think making Iceman coldsnap immune is "more accurate" that has no basis in either the comics or in how physics generally works.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    The_One said:

While we're on the topic, og Ironman should be immune, or at least have a resistance to coldsnap too.
    In the movie (first Ironman) his suit freezes when he flies too high so he has to adapt it to be cold resistant.

Well he's not even immune to iron yet so let's get the obvious stuff out of the way first.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Kil63 said:

He's literally made out of ice. He should be coldsnap immune. How does cold hurt ice? lol

He's a living being, living beings have feelings, and feelings can be hurt.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    The_One said:

The Mark 2 suit wasn't vulnerable to cold, it was vulnerable to icing. Ice formed around the suit causing most of the control and maneuvering surfaces and sensors of the suit to malfunction or freeze in position. Cracking and breaking off the ice manually caused the suit to immediately regain functionality in that test flight.
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    No he is thanos snap immune

I thought you knew that
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Lordie, make them use the search pls. 🙏🏼
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    Why is this thread still alive?
This discussion has been closed.