**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Some abilities of champions that does not make any sense!!

Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★
So, as far as I know there are certain champs in the game who possess the ability that doesn’t make sense

For example—

Sabretooth is cold snap and frostbite immune just because he wears fur or something while iceman who is made up of ice is not immune to the power he himself possess.

Dormamu and ghost rider both have fire powers but still not immune to incinerate while havok is.

Venom can generate more amount of buffs than carnage even if he is weaker than carnage.

Howard the duck gains Regen just bcz he smashes all the buttons!! (Doesn’t make sense at all)

Agent venom doesn’t have true strike even if he possesses the venom symbiotic which cannot be detected by spider sense and therefore should have true strike against spidermen.

Drax is visible to the other champions even if he is invisible 😂😂

And maybe even more, don’t you think these abilities should be changed??

Comments

• Options
    science22science22 Posts: 125

When I smack Human Torch with Masacre, why does his bat not ignite immediately?

This comment is ignited! If you understand by what I mean ;)
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Like I stated earlier, it's a fictional universe. You are applying your type of logic (real world logic) in it, which is wrong.
    I can say that in other fictional stories and universe's, a being made of fire or ice is not necessarily immune to the same element.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★

Like I stated earlier, it's a fictional universe. You are applying your type of logic (real world logic) in it, which is wrong.
    I can say that in other fictional stories and universe's, a being made of fire or ice is not necessarily immune to the same element.

I get what you're saying, and sure, in the end they can do whatever the f they want. However, while this is a fictional universe, it is based on a specific fictional universe and the characters have established abilities. I mean if Colossus was inflicting incinerate damage with his punches, Daredevil had buff steal, and Thing was floating back and forth like DS, you'd be wondering WTF is going on.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    CG should cause bleed when he hits you with his glaive, gulk should cause you to bleed when he hits you with his axe
  • Options
    how can a human with no powers (hawkeye, etc) fight against sentry who is said to have the power of a million exploding suns
  • Options
    its a game nothing make sense lol
  • Options
    JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Yeah, this is a game where the power of a million sons and the god of thunder are outshone by a spy with a knife and a gun ... so clearly nothing makes sense.
    Also Namor doesn't get outraged at robots not bleeding because they have no blood, but does get outraged at Ghost Rider, who also has no blood
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    There is always some kind of logic that creators of fictional universe apply, be it real world logic or adding some new physic rules to their world. It's not inaccuracy with real-world logic that bothers people, but no logic to any of it at all. It just shows that character designers just don't care enough to put enough thought in what they do. Iceman should be coldsnap immune and ghost rider should be incinerate immune, because people expect them to be. If you decide to do so unexpectable and hard to understand design choices, it's like asking for people to spam forum with lelwut threads
  • Options
    LPN20LPN20 Posts: 18

Sabretooth: It's his increased metabolism and healing factor, if you want a "realistic" explanation. Other than that he's designed to be an iceman counter, besides all his other uses.

Dormammu and ghost rider: Ghost rider uses hellfire, not standard fire, and dormammu doesn't really have a connection to fire at all, just special effects. As comic book characters both are visually indestructible, when talking anything besides reality manipulation or high tier magic.
    This is a game, though.

Venom and carnage: carnage's individual buffs are stronger than venoms and you're free to set them up as you like. He is essentially stronger than venom in the buff-ramp-up-aspect.

Howard: this is meant to be funny. Also it's not regen, it's self-repair. He smashes buttons on his iso-thingamadook and it repairs itself. Don't read too much into a satirical character.

Agent venom: he doesn't utilize the venom symbiont in the same way a simple host does. He does decrease evade chances, which is a more tactical approach in line with the character.

Hey. Your explanation nice...
    Pls clear my suggestion also..

I suggest TRUE STRIKE for HAWKEYE...
    In movie and comics we are see Hawkeye pull his arrow when only hear the sound waves....
    But in games he didn't have true strike buff...
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Hulk is immune to poison, but a MUCH stronger version of the Hulk - Maestro, is not.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    These questions will never end.

It’s that way because that’s how kabam wants it to be. Why doesn’t incinerate cause greater damage against the groots. Answer.... because kabam doesn’t want it to.

I mean Namor is splashing water on dry ground when he moves. And his attacks don’t put out the fires of dormammu, ghost rider or human torch....I wonder why?
  • Options
    DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    KattohS said:

These questions will never end.

It’s that way because that’s how kabam wants it to be. Why doesn’t incinerate cause greater damage against the groots. Answer.... because kabam doesn’t want it to.

I mean Namor is splashing water on dry ground when he moves. And his attacks don’t put out the fires of dormammu, ghost rider or human torch....I wonder why?

Cool animations
  • Options
    edited July 2019

How bout u just use comic logic instead of real world logic because we aren’t talking about a real world here so your logic doesn’t apply. @will-o-wisp

@will-o-wisp I agree that it’s just a game but again they should at least think about the logic.

I’m not well versed on the X-men but I’ll try my best from memory. I think icemans powers work by absorbing the moisture around him and lowering its temperature so if he did that to another iceman I guess it would work?
    @Godslayer_1
  • Options
    Djkrdjj said:

How bout u just use comic logic instead of real world logic because we aren’t talking about a real world here so your logic doesn’t apply. @will-o-wisp

@will-o-wisp I agree that it’s just a game but again they should at least think about the logic.

I’m not well versed on the X-men but I’ll try my best from memory. I think icemans powers work by absorbing the moisture around him and lowering its temperature so if he did that to another iceman I guess it would work?
    @Godslayer_1
    You can't. This is a game that happens in its own universe, not in the comics. You can't use either real world logic or those specific comics logic.
    It's fictional, youjust need to think about it that way.
  • Options

Djkrdjj said:

@Godslayer_1
    You can't. This is a game that happens in its own universe, not in the comics. You can't use either real world logic or those specific comics logic.
    It's fictional, youjust need to think about it that way.
    This is Demonzfyre explanation not mine. He knows more about the X-men than I do.
    “Thermokinesis
    Iceman is a mutant with the superhuman ability to lower his external and internal body temperature, projecting intense coldness from his body. Like any normal human being's, the nerve centers for regulating Iceman's body temperature are found in the part of the brain called the hypothalamus. However, Iceman can mentally override his hypothalamus to allow his body temperature to be lowered by an unknown internal mechanism. This ability converts the latent thermal energies in and around his body into an unknown form of energy that is efficiently dissipated. A related mutation has rendered his body tissues unaffected by sub-zero temperatures. Iceman can consciously, immediately lower his body temperature from its normal 98.6 Fahrenheit to absolute zero (The point where all molecular motion stops.) and lower within the span of a few tenths of a second. Iceman's power to generate cold is so great, he was able to stop a massive nuclear explosion.

The logic could be that Iceman in MCOC isn't at absolute zero when fighting thus being able to be effected but frostbite/coldsnap.”
    Get it now. How bout use that instead of real world logic. Plus comic logic does apply because this game is based off comics. U can’t just give iceman firepowers and then say “it’s in its own fictional universe so it doesn’t matter”
  • Options
    The game only adapts the character's, not their full powers and abilities. The universe of the game itself is based on both comics, mcu and reality, but doesn't take place in any of them as you can see.
    That's why saying "he is immune in the comics he SHOULD BE immune in the game" isn't a strong argument to be used here. Is not acceptable, it only leads to misunderstandings. So not using "logic" at all is the most correct thing to do here
  • Options
    edited July 2019

The game only adapts the character's, not their full powers and abilities. The universe of the game itself is based on both comics, mcu and reality, but doesn't take place in any of them as you can see.
    That's why saying "he is immune in the comics he SHOULD BE immune in the game" isn't a strong argument to be used here. Is not acceptable, it only leads to misunderstandings. So not using "logic" at all is the most correct thing to do here

Bruh, just proves how much attention you pay. If Demonzfyre and everything else I read is correct, He shouldn’t be immune. All I’m saying is, instead of using snarky response or opinions or “logic”, maybe just say that he isn’t immune in the comics/films. That would most likely sway a lot more minds

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    The problem is, they draw on Comics and Films, but not 100%. They, along with Marvel, design the game within its own Meta. They're not really meant to be true to the Comics 100%.
  • Options
    I get that, but that doesn't mean is right. That would lead to another case where someone would just pick up comic stuff and start questioning why is the game different.