**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Newer champs hit way too hard

Human_Iceberg2Human_Iceberg2 Posts: 282 ★★★
I mean it’s true. A Cull at r5 can land 60k mediums and throw off 130k specials. Same with Namor . So doesn’t that mean that people who get lucky enough to get these champs as 5 or 6* have basically won the game? These champs cruise through newer content and destroy everything. Good damage for a 5/65 is something similar to sparky or cap IW. But it seems like these newer champs are just game breaking. If you don’t believe me, check out some gameplay of namor and Cull.

Comments

• 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    People said the same about Voodoo when he was released back in the day.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

I mean it’s true. A Cull at r5 can land 60k mediums and throw off 130k specials. Same with Namor . So doesn’t that mean that people who get lucky enough to get these champs as 5 or 6* have basically won the game? These champs cruise through newer content and destroy everything. Good damage for a 5/65 is something similar to sparky or cap IW. But it seems like these newer champs are just game breaking. If you don’t believe me, check out some gameplay of namor and Cull.

Theres lots of Champs that can do that damage. None straight out of the box.
    PM can do it with proper synergies and completing missions.
    Starlord can do it building up combos and is the OG OP champ since many cleared LoL with a 4*.
    Stark Spidey can do large amounts of damage after ramp up with 10 poises.
    Ghost hits extremely hard with the right synergies.

The main thing to remember is that with how hard some hit, they can't hit that hard without ramp up. For instance-

Cull Obsidian- Yes he hits extremely hard but he takes a few fights to ramp up and also has probably the worst block proficiency in the game. He will take a ton of block damage even on Parry. Fighting high attack opponents or any node that eats buffs puts him at a severe disadvantage.

Namor- While he can hit really hard as well, his full potential is if he's ranked to max and also sig 200 (as a 5*). He's also pretty beatable on defense and takes a bit to master.

Usually the better the champ the more downside there is when it come to things that effect them.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    These champs have weakness though, cull is very weak in his first fight, namor has to get his special 3
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

@Demonzfyre proxima needs to get over a hundred hits into a fight, same with SL. Sparky at 5/65 hits at about 16k on mediums, no where comparable to namor and cull. People with these two champs can pretty much annihilate anything. I do see your point, but when there are minimal counters to such high damage dealers, it seems unfair

I have a 5/65 Cull. Been using him in Variant 2. Also have used a ton of revives as well. He needs the right fights in order to dominate. He can't-
    Bleed anyone.
    Poison anyone.
    Fight on Masochism nodes (if you use the armor breaks to deal damage).
    Fight on Buffet nodes.
    Take any DoT nodes like bleed, poison or biohazzard.
    Can't bypass Unstoppable.
    And can only bypass evade with 5+ favors.

There isn't any doubt that after ramp up he hits hard. It's getting him there that can be tricky.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    well many would love a revamp of all these OP champs and get them balanced, like 12.0 ,only request would be it stays that way ,and not again, add champs that make 12.0 complete worth less, right now we have more then 15 champions i can think of who makes 12.0 completely pointless. cull hits twice as hard as thor,SS has more abilties and reliability then DS ever had, domino has 10x more damage then SW ever had , ghost,namor,corvus,hyperion,new captain marvel, spary,blade, imiw, omega red has more utility n damage, then 99% of champions in entire game, where is balance in that? lets take a case study, we have two people with 10 6*s, on one hand we have guy with corvus, thing ,havok n domino and other guy's best champ out if 10 is hawkeye/guilotine, one has to spend 5k variant 2 100% & other spends max 200 units because he has domino n thing.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Domino can bleed for over 10k, and? it will still cost most people units to do the hard content.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★

@Gamer cull can destroy opponents with over 500k health in 30-40 hits. Nodes don’t restrict him that much yet

Yeah you go finish Act 6.2 and come back here to let us know how easy it was.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

@X_Scott cull destroys 6.2. There are vids out there. Also I can’t beat 6.2 until I can get past 6.1, and considering I don’t have any bleed immunes for CB, I have to rely on luck with domino to beat him

Cull doesn’t destroy act 6 the amount of specific nodes trust me ramping him up would be a nightmare for a good few paths
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:
    Last champ that was able to kill him in 8 hits that quick he got nerfed. I’m sure you know who I’m talking about.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:
    Last champ that was able to kill him in 8 hits that quick he got nerfed. I’m sure you know who I’m talking about.
    Cull right now is bugged can’t really go off that video
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★

Theres lots of Champs that can do that damage. None straight out of the box.
    PM can do it with proper synergies and completing missions.
    Starlord can do it building up combos and is the OG OP champ since many cleared LoL with a 4*.
    Stark Spidey can do large amounts of damage after ramp up with 10 poises.
    Ghost hits extremely hard with the right synergies.

The main thing to remember is that with how hard some hit, they can't hit that hard without ramp up. For instance-

Cull Obsidian- Yes he hits extremely hard but he takes a few fights to ramp up and also has probably the worst block proficiency in the game. He will take a ton of block damage even on Parry. Fighting high attack opponents or any node that eats buffs puts him at a severe disadvantage.

Namor- While he can hit really hard as well, his full potential is if he's ranked to max and also sig 200 (as a 5*). He's also pretty beatable on defense and takes a bit to master.

Usually the better the champ the more downside there is when it come to things that effect them.
    I agree with most of your points but the one with Namor isn't the best just because he isn't that great on defense it doesn't balance him out and second he doesn't need his sig for the insane damage
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:
    Cull right now is bugged can’t really go off that video
    Didn't the bug get fixed already
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    If new champions were not better than old ones, then what would be point of still playing for someone who has good set of old champions maxed? You play to get shards and rankup materials to get new champions and rank them up, if they are not substaintially better then whats the point
  • Supreme_be4nSupreme_be4n Posts: 14
    OP sounding a bit whiney and Kobster, how do you know for sure it’s a bug? Did Kabam already confirm?