**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Slow debuff not stopping unstoppable

In AW, I fought a Jugg on node 3 with Spidergwen. I put several slow debuffs on him using my heavy attack but it didn’t keep him from going unstoppable from the node or after using a special. Anyone tell me why?

Comments

• Hey there, just to clarify, would you be able to tell me what tier you are in or what nodes were active at the time?
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★

Hey there, just to clarify, would you be able to tell me what tier you are in or what nodes were active at the time?

Tier 2

• Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Node has +75% ability accuracy on unstoppable that’s why.
  • VerreauxVerreaux Posts: 39
    Not a bug. The Slow debuff reduces the ability accuracy of unstoppable and evade by 100%, which normally reduces it to 0%. However, the node Boost Buff (Unstoppable) increases the ability accuracy of unstoppable so Juggernaut instead has something along the lines of 150% ability accuracy so when slow is applied he still has a chance to go unstoppable.
    So what you’re saying is that slow is useless here. So there is really only one counter? Cap IW.
  • TrankNickTrankNick Posts: 7
    Are you serious? When yous say 100% chance means theres no way for unstoppable to proc... with 75% additional ability accuracy doesnt mean theres a 175% chance for unstoppable to proc... kabam needs to look I to this as it doesnt make any sense.
    @SquishyjrThe_4TH DV doesnt have additional 100% ability accuracy.. he has 100% increased ability accuracy which means it has 100%.. not more than that.. that's why you can nullify all his buffs.... no ability can have more that 100% chance, that's common sense.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    TrankNick said:

@SquishyjrThe_4TH DV doesnt have additional 100% ability accuracy.. he has 100% increased ability accuracy which means it has 100%.. not more than that.. that's why you can nullify all his buffs.... no ability can have more that 100% chance, that's common sense.

Goldpool’s regen has a 999% chance to activate just so aa reduction can’t stop it
    Lol... I dont have time to argue... let's wait for kabam moderators to confirm the reason why stealth spiderman does not stop the unstoppable buff in war.
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    This post really didn’t need to be as long as it is now lol read the node do the math. 100% chance to prevent unstoppable -75% unstoppable ability accuracy on the node = 25% chance slow debuff will prevent unstoppable. Cap iw doesn’t prevent unstoppable he nullifies already existing unstoppable buffs as long as they’re not passive. So champs that can nullify are best for path 4 in tier 2. Just switch paths with someone with better counters instead of bickering over here.
    @SquishyjrThe_4TH u need to get a life.. the thread is about the same issue... spidergwen and stealth spiderman's slow debuff is not working against unstoppable node in AW. Maybe you aren't aware of stealth Spiderman's abilities.
    I don’t know if it’s a bug or not but I do know that it’s stupid how this is working. Doesn’t make sense that someone has more than a 100% chance to trigger something. If a slow debuff has 100% chance to stop unstoppable, then it shouldn’t happen. End of story. I don’t understand the rationale behind this.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

This post really didn’t need to be as long as it is now lol read the node do the math. 100% chance to prevent unstoppable -75% unstoppable ability accuracy on the node = 25% chance slow debuff will prevent unstoppable. Cap iw doesn’t prevent unstoppable he nullifies already existing unstoppable buffs as long as they’re not passive. So champs that can nullify are best for path 4 in tier 2. Just switch paths with someone with better counters instead of bickering over here.

You and everyone else here who doesnt do this lane needs to go away. I havent seen a single answer to my comment because there is no other answer then that its bugged
    No, you're being vague, you're not the OP, and your question is not related to the Slow debuff, which is what OP's problem was.

You telling us to go away would be like Deadpool showing up midfight and telling us to go away.

And we'd ignore him like we're ignoring you.
    Oh man!! I didn't want to say this but I guess I need to. I guess some really don't understand the "basic" math here. You can not just do 100%+75%-100%=75%, why? cos a percent isn't a number, it's a value derived by dividing 2 numbers and multiplying it with 100. So in this scenario, Buff toggle node gives the champ a 100% chance to activate an unstoppable buff every 8 seconds, which means out of 100 it will activate the buff 100 times (100%), even out of 200 the buff will activate 200 times, the percent will still remain 100% and not 200%. In this case, the Boost buff has no effect as it is not possible to activate the buff 175 times out of a 100.

Now talking about this particular node, there could be 3 types of fights: First, where the attacker has 0% ability reduction - The defender will have a 100% chance to trigger the unstoppable buff every 8 seconds(not a 175%) making the Boost buff node useless. Second, where the attacker may have an ability reduction between 1% to 99% - Assuming the attacker has a 50% ability reduction, the Buff toggle node has a 100% chance to trigger unstoppable now has its ability reduced to 50%(which means the ability will trigger 50 times out of 100) but Boost buff node gives an addition 75% ability to this, 75% of 50 = 37. Now the unstoppable will trigger 87 times out of 100 due to the additional ability so now the defender has an 87% chance to trigger an unstoppable buff. The third fight would be where the attacker has a 100% chance to stop Unstoppable Buff - the Buff toggle node has a 100% chance to trigger unstoppable for 8 seconds now has its ability reduced to 0%(0 out of 100), now even though Boost Buff gives an additional 75%, 75% of 0 is still 0, that means the defender has a 0% chance to trigger the unstoppable buff.

I hope I have cleared as to why I feel that this node has been bugged or it could be that Kabam has worded the node incorrect by keeping the values in percentage.

Just lost 15 minutes of my life typing this out lol.
    TrankNick said:

Oh man!! I didn't want to say this but I guess I need to. I guess some really don't understand the "basic" math here. You can not just do 100%+75%-100%=75%, why? cos a percent isn't a number, it's a value derived by dividing 2 numbers and multiplying it with 100. So in this scenario, Buff toggle node gives the champ a 100% chance to activate an unstoppable buff every 8 seconds, which means out of 100 it will activate the buff 100 times (100%), even out of 200 the buff will activate 200 times, the percent will still remain 100% and not 200%. In this case, the Boost buff has no effect as it is not possible to activate the buff 175 times out of a 100.

Now talking about this particular node, there could be 3 types of fights: First, where the attacker has 0% ability reduction - The defender will have a 100% chance to trigger the unstoppable buff every 8 seconds(not a 175%) making the Boost buff node useless. Second, where the attacker may have an ability reduction between 1% to 99% - Assuming the attacker has a 50% ability reduction, the Buff toggle node has a 100% chance to trigger unstoppable now has its ability reduced to 50%(which means the ability will trigger 50 times out of 100) but Boost buff node gives an addition 75% ability to this, 75% of 50 = 37. Now the unstoppable will trigger 87 times out of 100 due to the additional ability so now the defender has an 87% chance to trigger an unstoppable buff. The third fight would be where the attacker has a 100% chance to stop Unstoppable Buff - the Buff toggle node has a 100% chance to trigger unstoppable for 8 seconds now has its ability reduced to 0%(0 out of 100), now even though Boost Buff gives an additional 75%, 75% of 0 is still 0, that means the defender has a 0% chance to trigger the unstoppable buff.

I hope I have cleared as to why I feel that this node has been bugged or it could be that Kabam has worded the node incorrect by keeping the values in percentage.

Just lost 15 minutes of my life typing this out lol.

And I lost 2 minutes reading it.

You're going too literal with this here. All ability accuracy reductions and boosts are ADDITIVE, not multiplicative. This is something you seem to have missed. That's how it's always been, and how it always will be (until Kabam changes it for no reason).

You're whining that something that's ALWAYS been this way shouldn't be that way, and it's really annoying.
    Squishy, calm down. It's clear Nick's been Tranked. That's why he's making these shoddy judgments.