**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Thorns Damage calculation bugged or I didn't understand it [Not A Bug]

KrrrisshhnnaaKrrrisshhnnaa Posts: 38
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Thorns node in AW : You receive 15% of your attack as a damage back to your champ. If this statement is correct, then thorns node damage calculation is bugged. I found a guy with no ability accuracy reduction champ to fight a thorns node. This is the youtube video link : https://youtube.com/watch?v=__6CM4-vbAk
Start the video at 2:20. SW is fighting Cyclops. Hits a 5 hit combo for 922, 230, 230, 230, 230 . Damage taken : 218, 218, 218, 218, 218. This doesn't make sense as 15% of 922 is 138, then whr is the 218 coming from and even on 230 hit?

From this observation, i think the damage we take is not 15% of our attack, rather 15% of the enemy's attack. Please let me know.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Not sure never really looked into it. I feel thorns should be nerfed or removed from the game but they'll never happen.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited August 2017
    It's not 15% of the damage you deal to the enemy with thorns, it's 15% of the enemies attack.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It is 15% of the opponents attack.
  • MillybearMillybear Posts: 113
    15% of the opponents attack

zanvykhvpdnw.png
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey there OP. As the other comments mentioned, it is 15% of the opponents attack. I hope this helps clear things up!
  • KobaltKobalt Posts: 29
    Magneto should not receive any damage while attacking since he doesn't actually make contact
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Kobalt wrote: »
    Magneto should not receive any damage while attacking since he doesn't actually make contact

He makes contact. Is energy damage, but you still need to touch the enemy
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    They should get rid of Thorns and replace it with a node that increases the opponents attack or decreases your attack the less health the opponent has.

Second thought a node where you get hit by a small degen if you use special attacks. Can be shrugged off or have the time reduced if your champ has that ability.
  • KrrrisshhnnaaKrrrisshhnnaa Posts: 38
    Thanks all