**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to beat Thing easily?

I have so much trouble when battling against Thing.Every Time he gains unstoppable and Unblockable buff both.How can I stop him?

Comments

• @souvickranjandhar26 2 major ways to do this. A Bleed champ, which is honestly the easier method. Every Bleed you would've delivered removes 3 Rock Stacks. If you have a champ that delivers consistent Bleeds (Gwenpool or Nick Fury are good options), it's a pretty straightforward fight. I like to use Blade personally. Parry and 3 hit combos, and a quick S1 here and there keeps his Rock Stacks under control.

The 2nd method requires attention to detail. Once Thing reaches 15+ Rock Stacks, bait a Special and they'll get removed. Be ready to dex out of the way though, because those Specials will be Unblockable. If you need too, hit into his block a couple times to bring them above 15 before he launches a special. Otherwise you'll be in trouble dealing with a Thing that's going Unstoppable on your way to getting his power meter back up.

I would advise searching MCoC Thing on YouTube and watch a few How-to videos to see how it's done. Hope this helps you get hit down easier. He was a huge thorn in my side for a bit. Just gotta keep practicing!
  • Tyrannus said:

@souvickranjandhar26 2 major ways to do this. A Bleed champ, which is honestly the easier method. Every Bleed you would've delivered removes 3 Rock Stacks. If you have a champ that delivers consistent Bleeds (Gwenpool or Nick Fury are good options), it's a pretty straightforward fight. I like to use Blade personally. Parry and 3 hit combos, and a quick S1 here and there keeps his Rock Stacks under control.

The 2nd method requires attention to detail. Once Thing reaches 15+ Rock Stacks, bait a Special and they'll get removed. Be ready to dex out of the way though, because those Specials will be Unblockable. If you need too, hit into his block a couple times to bring them above 15 before he launches a special. Otherwise you'll be in trouble dealing with a Thing that's going Unstoppable on your way to getting his power meter back up.

I would advise searching MCoC Thing on YouTube and watch a few How-to videos to see how it's done. Hope this helps you get hit down easier. He was a huge thorn in my side for a bit. Just gotta keep practicing!

With every special he throws he only looses 1 rock per special
    ... If he is under 15 rock stacks. If he has 15 or more, he converts all rock stacks to fury and you have again 15 hits to go.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Spidergwen and she hulk are good options as their slow debuff can prevent his unstoppable
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Bleeders are the easiest way to deal with him, each bleed will remove 3 stacks - I think you can only do this once every 2-3 seconds.
    I find the easiest way to deal with him is use blade. Bleeds on parries mean that if you parry and 5 hit he only gains 2 stacks across the whole combo. If he starts creeping up, just do a couple of parries and don't hit him until they're in a safe region again.

For when you screw up, and this only works when he is stunnable, he's hit that magical 15 rock stacks, he hasn't got a full bar of power, you don't have any way to bleed him by your next hit. What do you do?
    Parry him. Hit him once - he will go unstoppable and drop down to 12 rock stacks. Wait for the unstoppable to end, get him up to 15 and repeat until he is at a full bar of power.

If you've got him to 1 bar of power and he's not quite at 15 yet, hit into his block until he is and bait the special - this removes all stacks and converts them into furies (fairly small ones).

Hope this helps
  • Mauled said:

Bleeders are the easiest way to deal with him, each bleed will remove 3 stacks - I think you can only do this once every 2-3 seconds.
    I find the easiest way to deal with him is use blade. Bleeds on parries mean that if you parry and 5 hit he only gains 2 stacks across the whole combo. If he starts creeping up, just do a couple of parries and don't hit him until they're in a safe region again.

For when you screw up, and this only works when he is stunnable, he's hit that magical 15 rock stacks, he hasn't got a full bar of power, you don't have any way to bleed him by your next hit. What do you do?
    Parry him. Hit him once - he will go unstoppable and drop down to 12 rock stacks. Wait for the unstoppable to end, get him up to 15 and repeat until he is at a full bar of power.

If you've got him to 1 bar of power and he's not quite at 15 yet, hit into his block until he is and bait the special - this removes all stacks and converts them into furies (fairly small ones).

Hope this helps

But what to do when i will face him in arena because it's not possible to know that whom i will be faced in the arena and all time bleeding champs may not be in my hand for arena battle?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I typically use domino, because she only needs to hit him twice at a time for big damage (incinerate heavy) and the AAR sometimes prevents a rock stack from even showing up. Other times I just build to 15 and bait a special.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Quake
  • i tend to use Spider-Gwen to deal with him, though other Champions with access to Slow would work too. Keeps him from going Unstoppable. Plus, her Spider-Sense Charges give her an increased chance to Evade Unblockable special attacks. She won't try to evade while blocking, but it will give you a bit more safety.
  • Dose_ResponsiveDose_Responsive Posts: 91
    Try to time Thing getting a bar of power and exactly 15 rock stacks. Bait the SP1 and all 15 stacks will be removed.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Mauled said:

Hope this helps

But what to do when i will face him in arena because it's not possible to know that whom i will be faced in the arena and all time bleeding champs may not be in my hand for arena battle?
    Second half of the comment bud:

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I, personally, use Elektra .. she totally hard counters him in every way:

1) Class advantage - check.
    2) Bleed on specials - check
    3) doesn't proc rock stacks when stunned, and generally infrequently otherwise .. check.

I almost never have to worry about him getting above 10 rock stacks ... never mind anywhere near 15 .. ;)
    heh