**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Spending Money?

The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Maybe spending a little something occasionally would actually help the cause? Anyone else besides me spend a little money occasionally playing this game?

Just a thought....I HAVE spent money playing this game but I never HAVE to spent any more than I want. So why all the complaining throughout the forum on spending money?
Furthermore, a little money spending may not be the worst thing when playing a game created by people who like getting a paycheck for their work like we do right?
I can't even count the number of times commenters are proud of their "I've never spent anything on this game" comment and in the same forum request a barrage of updates, new content, new characters, and better this or that. It doesn't completely make sense to me for someone with a job.
So do YOU spend?

Spending Money? 82 votes

I DO spend money
58%
GroundedWisdomDraco2199GamerStara99MattyloArtOfKhaosVdh2008RagamugginGunnerSnakeEyes69VavasourGabbrosShrimkinsBigdogbobDarkstar4387Pry22RaganatorStefffDeadbyrd9Fireballs5LeftTurnAlbqrqe 48 votes
I do NOT spend money
37%
Etaki_LirakoiMcord11758Kronos987654321Eb0ny-O-M4wNoob_2yrsWorld EaterTimone147TrinadsYellsomeLewisTheLlamaDarkZenNDK13MillybearSomeoneElseGaseousClayweavileNumanF4k3_GaM3rLuismarquez131Buster 31 votes
I do not get paid for work at my job and do not think kabam staff should either!
3%
DARKLOKIRehctansBewrealiTic 3 votes

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I DO spend money
    I buy a couple deals a year but I never buy units
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    I DO spend money
    I thought I was spending bits here and there. So recorded it for 2 months and spent over £800!

Still, I enjoy the game and its my money so no problem
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I do NOT spend money
    I generally don't spend money on games for my phone at all. There have been a couple of deals that I would have considered purchasing, but until all the bugs are worked out an I can expect a stable, consistent playing environment; the money will stay in my pocket.
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    I do NOT spend money
    I generally don't spend money on games for my phone at all. There have been a couple of deals that I would have considered purchasing, but until all the bugs are worked out an I can expect a stable, consistent playing environment; the money will stay in my pocket.

Yep, u don't need money to progress in the game, i prefer spending my money on better things than phone games, and still enjoy the game without spending
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I DO spend money
    I spend occasionally. I like the product and I see it as spending money on a hobby. Some people collect things, play various sports, crafts, ect. I play video games.

I completely understand the appeal of some people to not spend though. I was a broke college kid once too lol
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    I do NOT spend money
    I never spend money on games. I always were free2play.
    This game isn't exception.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I spend occasionally. I like the product and I see it as spending money on a hobby. Some people collect things, play various sports, crafts, ect. I play video games.

I completely understand the appeal of some people to not spend though. I was a broke college kid once too lol

I agree and spend on it like a hobby as well. I mean what is a FREE game? The cost always comes from somewhere. ALWAYS! Either ads, your information, purchasing the full game itself (I miss those days honestly), or in game purchases.

I am unaware of any games of this stature created for charity or for the love of gamers out there.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I DO spend money
    I don't understand the purpose of this thread. Obviously a lot of money is spent in this game or it would have died out a long time ago, so people are definitely getting their pay checks.
    As far as people not wanting to spend, theres plenty of reasons. Cant afford it, just playing to kill time, don't see the value in the purchases, etc etc etc.
    Biggest thing Id say that causes spenders to quit spending is when so much is broken and not getting fixed. Car salesmen need their paychecks, you gonna run out and buy that car thats not running properly?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I DO spend money
    2 years of playing... spending about $10 a week on average. It adds up, but I feel I'm supporting the game so it doesn't get shut down.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I DO spend money
    I have not spent any money on this game. I have spent hundreds of dollars on other games. Some of the money I have spent has been on characters, but mostly it is for skins, which do nothing for my gameplay. They just add to the fun.

My issue with spending on this game has to do with what I spend versus what I get. I never begrudge a good company from making a profit from a well designed game.

1. This is a mobile game. Yet the prices are higher than what I would play for an entire game on a console or VR system.
    2. I can't buy what I want. At best, I can buy a chance to get something good, but the odds are always very low.
    3. The game is "free to play," but is it really? Some of the areas require a massive amount of energy, revives, and potions, even for top tier players.
    4. The game has been very buggy for a while, to the point where I question how much longer I will be playing.

I wouldn't buy a poorly built car just to give the workers an income. If we all did that, then no one would bother trying to make a good product. We can report as many bugs and lodge as many complaints as we want here. But nothing speaks louder than money. If players continue to throw money at Kabam for next to nothing in content, that's their choice. As for me, I prefer to get more for what I am spending.

Uhhhh...

1. Prices start at around $5
    2. You most definitely CAN buy what you want if you don't want champs. Offers of T4 catalysts, units that can be used on Masteries, etc.
    3. Everything in the game is doable as a free player. Spending will "speed things up", but you can grind units all you want from arena.
    4. Yes, bugs are annoying, but they come and go. I DO wish they'd get better at squashing them in a timely manner.
  • I DO spend money
    I don't think the big problem is spending money. I think the problem is what they sell for the prices they sell it for. Besides the latest T4CC bundle (which was great) their prices are usually way to high for what they offer. They need to have more T4C and T4CC bundles for a decent price like they did with this last one. If you build it they will come. ;)
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I have not spent any money on this game. I have spent hundreds of dollars on other games. Some of the money I have spent has been on characters, but mostly it is for skins, which do nothing for my gameplay. They just add to the fun.

My issue with spending on this game has to do with what I spend versus what I get. I never begrudge a good company from making a profit from a well designed game.

1. This is a mobile game. Yet the prices are higher than what I would play for an entire game on a console or VR system.
    2. I can't buy what I want. At best, I can buy a chance to get something good, but the odds are always very low.
    3. The game is "free to play," but is it really? Some of the areas require a massive amount of energy, revives, and potions, even for top tier players.
    4. The game has been very buggy for a while, to the point where I question how much longer I will be playing.

I wouldn't buy a poorly built car just to give the workers an income. If we all did that, then no one would bother trying to make a good product. We can report as many bugs and lodge as many complaints as we want here. But nothing speaks louder than money. If players continue to throw money at Kabam for next to nothing in content, that's their choice. As for me, I prefer to get more for what I am spending.

It's a fair point. That said, There's a lot of people on here who "have not spent money on this game" but "want more for their money" at the same time ironically.
    If they're spending nothing then why aren't they expecting the same?

The car analogy might fit this a little better if you went to the car dealership every day to get your advertised "free ride for showing up" but then complained because you weren't happy with your service or the experience...every day. Even though you have no intent on purchasing a car from them. Just a thought.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I do NOT spend money
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Uhhhh...

2. You most definitely CAN buy what you want if you don't want champs. Offers of T4 catalysts, units that can be used on Masteries, etc.
    3. Everything in the game is doable as a free player. Spending will "speed things up", but you can grind units all you want from arena.
    4. Yes, bugs are annoying, but they come and go. I DO wish they'd get better at squashing them in a timely manner.
    Uhhhh...

1. $5 would get me 1 stone core. Ridiculous! The last "deal" for a 4* was around $40 or more, and that's a random 4*. I can get an entire game for that.
    2. What I want is champs that will help me finish the quests, so no I can't buy what I want.
    3. Yes, technically, everything can be done for free. But if you want to advance in a reasonable amount of time, you have to play. Saving up resources takes forever, and that's on purpose.
    4. Bugs on this scale have a massive impact on gameplay. I have had to spend too many of my resources to keep playing. I will not give my money to Kabam to pay for more resources that are just going to get burned up because of buggy software.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    I DO spend money

It's a fair point. That said, There's a lot of people on here who "have not spent money on this game" but "want more for their money" at the same time ironically.

The car analogy might fit this a little better if you went to the car dealership every day to get your advertised "free ride for showing up" but then complained because you weren't happy with your service or the experience...every day. Even though you have no intent on purchasing a car from them. Just a thought.

people who dont spent dont deserve to complain.
    there are "deals" targeting torwards progessing.

but you can also in time grow your roster by grinding arena to get shards and grow your roster and eventually being able to compete for champs

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I DO spend money
    I've spent an amount I won't say. Lol. My whole thing is respecting others' choices. If people spend, I respect that. If they don't spend, I respect that too. What really doesn't sit well with me is when people petition to tell others how to use their money.
    *Not in reference to this Poll.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I DO spend money
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Uhhhh...

Uhhhh...

1. $5 would get me 1 stone core. Ridiculous! The last "deal" for a 4* was around $40 or more, and that's a random 4*. I can get an entire game for that.
    2. What I want is champs that will help me finish the quests, so no I can't buy what I want.
    3. Yes, technically, everything can be done for free. But if you want to advance in a reasonable amount of time, you have to play. Saving up resources takes forever, and that's on purpose.
    4. Bugs on this scale have a massive impact on gameplay. I have had to spend too many of my resources to keep playing. I will not give my money to Kabam to pay for more resources that are just going to get burned up because of buggy software.

You make some valid points but it's all complete hyperbole.

1. The "$40" 4* deal was for units. This is an important distinction because it is relatively easy to grind a large amount of units absolutely free in the arena.
    2. Not sure what "quests" you are referring to but unless it's 5.2 quests you definitely don't need specific champs. There are tons of champs now that can complete almost all questing content. Maybe you should hone your skills some more?
    3. Very true but what do you consider a "reasonable" amount of time? Is reasonable 2 weeks? 2 months? 2 years? Most of the vets in this game didn't have the luxury of monthly calendars, multiple arenas, master modes, and random free stuff handed out constantly. It took us a very long time to get a single 4*, now they hand them out like candy. To me, new players can easily progress much easier than what I had to go through.
    4. Bugs seem to be very device specific. I play on an iphone 6s (not a very new phone) and the game runs great. the last major game effecting bug I experienced was the double dash back bug which only lasted a couple of weeks. I don't see the "massive" scale that you are referring to.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I do NOT spend money
    I have once spent money before but that was about a year and a half ago after playing for 3 months and was 30 bucks for one of the deals so I could get willpower(we all know how that worked out for me). Since that one purchase never a cent.

For me the deals are overpriced compared to ability to obtain items in the game. But that's because I am patient on progression. Also I have a family that benefits much more from my paycheck than a Kabam employee.

Honestly I find you do not need to spend money to advance in this game to high levels and while it can speed up progression but skills can get you there too.

Currently I sit in as officer of an alliance that is borderline t1 for war(2000-2100 war rating) and ranks top 750 for AQ. We could push higher but players in our group including myself refuse to rank crappy 5* just for prestige when t2a are so rare. We also have a philosophy as a group that we will not force people to spend. We have some spenders and many have spent to get here but a good number are like myself do not.

Also while I agree non spenders have less room to complain still the amount of time and investment in this game people have given that keeps it going gives everyone a right to complain about bugs that cause people to dig into there grinded stashes. Non spending means more time to attain those stashes so harder to save.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I do NOT spend money
    Post 12.0 all spending has stopped for me
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I do NOT spend money

but you can also in time grow your roster by grinding arena to get shards and grow your roster and eventually being able to compete for champs

Well that makes little sense. If the reason we are not spending is the offers are overpriced and the game doesn't function properly, why can we not complain? If the offers were reasonable and offered a value, I would spend some money, if the game worked right. Why would I spend money when I can't even be sure I can take advantage of it because the game will crash, or lag, or something. When they offer a product worth spending money on and offer add on items at a reasonable cost, I'll be perfectly happy to spend money. Most of the deals that they offer with anything of value in it cost more than my kids' xbox did.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    I DO spend money
    I still do. I like some offers but I had never gone crazy... except for the gifting event and for OG Vision... I went rogue and spent the money for the bills xD
    I do NOT spend money

People who don't spend money still have a right to complain. They are implying that they would spend money if what they got was more reasonable. (Of course, there are those who will complain no matter what they get.) The people I really don't understand are the ones who purchase something for a rare chance at a good item and then complain about not getting something great. The description tells them exactly what they are getting.

The car analogy was only to address one specific point that the OP made. It was never intended to cover all aspects of the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I DO spend money

People who don't spend money still have a right to complain. They are implying that they would spend money if what they got was more reasonable. (Of course, there are those who will complain no matter what they get.) The people I really don't understand are the ones who purchase something for a rare chance at a good item and then complain about not getting something great. The description tells them exactly what they are getting.

The car analogy was only to address one specific point that the OP made. It was never intended to cover all aspects of the game.

Yes. People are always entitled to their feelings. That's why I don't judge. If people are not happy for what ever reason, I respect that. I just find it funny how it never fails that with every Offer, the first thing people do is come and post about it. Lol. I'm of the mindset that if it doesn't appeal to me, I just don't buy it. Some people are genuinely offended by Offers they don't want to buy. No judgment. Just doesn't make sense to me. Lol.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    I do NOT spend money
    Last spent around last xmas; will never spend money on this game again.

Don't need to and refuse to support such incompetence.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I do NOT spend money

"people who dont spent dont deserve to complain."

Nonsense. People spend time and energy. If someone is unhappy that their favorite hero was nerfed into oblivion, that a certain mastery was nerfed, or that a certain bug hasn't been fixed for months, then yeah... people are free to speak up.
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    I DO spend money
    I spend about 50 bucks a year on the game, but it also Saves me money- if I weren't playing I'd be spending more money of movies and other forms of entertainment
    I do NOT spend money
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    You make some valid points but it's all complete hyperbole.

1. The "$40" 4* deal was for units. This is an important distinction because it is relatively easy to grind a large amount of units absolutely free in the arena.
    2. Not sure what "quests" you are referring to but unless it's 5.2 quests you definitely don't need specific champs. There are tons of champs now that can complete almost all questing content. Maybe you should hone your skills some more?
    3. Very true but what do you consider a "reasonable" amount of time? Is reasonable 2 weeks? 2 months? 2 years? Most of the vets in this game didn't have the luxury of monthly calendars, multiple arenas, master modes, and random free stuff handed out constantly. It took us a very long time to get a single 4*, now they hand them out like candy. To me, new players can easily progress much easier than what I had to go through.
    4. Bugs seem to be very device specific. I play on an iphone 6s (not a very new phone) and the game runs great. the last major game effecting bug I experienced was the double dash back bug which only lasted a couple of weeks. I don't see the "massive" scale that you are referring to.

There is no hyperbole in what I said. I think you might be confused about the meaning of that word.

1. The $40 deal included more than a 4* crystal, but I don't remember exactly what. It is irrelavant anyway. Getting a single piece of random content and some resources doesn't even come close to getting a full game for the same price. If people want to spend that much for so little, that is their choice.
    2. I said help me finish the quests. I didn't say I needed specific champs. Your cheap and immature shot at my skills is just a distraction from the real argument. Maybe you should hone your debate skills some more?
    3. What I consider reasonable is my own opinion. Whether you had a harder time getting 4*'s than me doesn't matter. Your original question asked whether we spent money and why. I am giving you my reasons, but they are just opinions from my own view. Did you start this topic to find out why people don't spend money, or did you want to take pot shots at non-spenders?
    4. Some bugs are device specific. Some are not. The board has new topics about them every day. If it runs great for you, congratulations. I didn't say massive scale. I said massive impact. Every update since 12.0 has caused me to change the way I play the game because I have to compensate for the gameplay that no longer works correctly. These aren't little annoying bugs that I could work around. These are major flaws that take make me lose fights because the game doesn't work properly, and Kabam has admitted that these are bugs.
    I do NOT spend money
    Only noobs spend money to progress in game, those who don't spend r more worthy of those rewards than spenders, they r working hard, unlike spenders
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I DO spend money
    Why don't spenders work hard? I'm an occasional spender but I didn't spend until about a year of playing. I didn't spend $1 to do LOL easy path. I grinded everything I used to do the easy path
    I do NOT spend money
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Why don't spenders work hard? I'm an occasional spender but I didn't spend until about a year of playing. I didn't spend $1 to do LOL easy path. I grinded everything I used to do the easy path

Well u buy those deals/units or whatever u buy to progress, those non-spenders work on EVERYTHING they get, so spending make it easier so they don't work as hard as non-spenders obviously