**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Energy costs need to be reduced

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Here's the thing. It has to cost a certain amount of Energy each month. That can vary from month to month. They don't have much option to have filler Tiles. They could put all Champs on the Tiles and end up with Paths that have nothing. That doesn't make sense.
    We've had Paths that costed more than 70 before. Not by much. Just come back to it later.

This eq has required much more energy then previous ones
    Some cost more, some cost less. It varies. They're not all the same. They're usually within the same range.
    When a path requires more energy than 1 Energy Refill can give at Lvl 60 (AKA 70 Energy), it’s too much.
    I honestly don’t know why you would go beyond that. Forcing your players to wait for energy doesn’t make it more fun or challenging... it just makes it more boring.
    We're talking a half an hour max. I wouldn't call that too much. Just go back to it after. It's not the first time Energy has been over 70. Not to mention we should be used to it by now from Storymode.
    Why should we have to go back to it? When someone pays 30 units so they can do a quest, they should be able to do it.

Besides, what is the point of waiting to do a single quest? It just makes the game more sluggish, boring & undesirable to play.
    Why should you go back to it? You're going to have to if you want to do Exploration either way. That, or use Refills. You can't do the entire EQ with 70 Energy. It's not unreasonable to go as far as you can and come back later to do more. Saves on Units. There's nothing that says each Path should be 70 Energy or under. With a little patience, you can save a great deal of Units actually. We know EQ takes a large amount of Energy. We know it comes every month. It makes sense to be prepared for it. I recycle the Units I get from it into Exploration. I hit Help and come back later and reduce the amount I need to use. Takes me about a week or two at most to do them all. Then I use my Energy for Side Quests and Storymode the rest of the month. Sometimes I even wait until the last minute and still do it. Multiple Difficulties. So I don't really see it as an exceptional amount. It takes a large amount, sure. We know it's coming monthly.
    Obviously, you could come back later & finish a path. Not saying you can’t. I’m saying why should you have to?
    It’s extremely unsatisfying when you almost done with quest, but are like 5 tiles away from a boss & have to wait an hour because of it. It doesn’t make it harder or more fun, it just makes the experience less enjoyable & boring.
    You have to because the game is designed around progress over time. It also has the possibility of saving time by spending. Either in-game or with money. Personally, I don't find it less enjoyable. It just means you have to wait. Which is fine. Nothing worse than being done everything in a few days or a week, and having to wait another month for the next.
    edited July 2019

Kobster84 said:

Here's the thing. It has to cost a certain amount of Energy each month. That can vary from month to month. They don't have much option to have filler Tiles. They could put all Champs on the Tiles and end up with Paths that have nothing. That doesn't make sense.
    We've had Paths that costed more than 70 before. Not by much. Just come back to it later.

Some cost more, some cost less. It varies. They're not all the same. They're usually within the same range.
    When a path requires more energy than 1 Energy Refill can give at Lvl 60 (AKA 70 Energy), it’s too much.
    I honestly don’t know why you would go beyond that. Forcing your players to wait for energy doesn’t make it more fun or challenging... it just makes it more boring.
    We're talking a half an hour max. I wouldn't call that too much. Just go back to it after. It's not the first time Energy has been over 70. Not to mention we should be used to it by now from Storymode.
    Why should we have to go back to it? When someone pays 30 units so they can do a quest, they should be able to do it.

Besides, what is the point of waiting to do a single quest? It just makes the game more sluggish, boring & undesirable to play.
    Why should you go back to it? You're going to have to if you want to do Exploration either way. That, or use Refills. You can't do the entire EQ with 70 Energy. It's not unreasonable to go as far as you can and come back later to do more. Saves on Units. There's nothing that says each Path should be 70 Energy or under. With a little patience, you can save a great deal of Units actually. We know EQ takes a large amount of Energy. We know it comes every month. It makes sense to be prepared for it. I recycle the Units I get from it into Exploration. I hit Help and come back later and reduce the amount I need to use. Takes me about a week or two at most to do them all. Then I use my Energy for Side Quests and Storymode the rest of the month. Sometimes I even wait until the last minute and still do it. Multiple Difficulties. So I don't really see it as an exceptional amount. It takes a large amount, sure. We know it's coming monthly.
    Obviously, you could come back later & finish a path. Not saying you can’t. I’m saying why should you have to?
    It’s extremely unsatisfying when you almost done with quest, but are like 5 tiles away from a boss & have to wait an hour because of it. It doesn’t make it harder or more fun, it just makes the experience less enjoyable & boring.
    You have to because the game is designed around progress over time. It also has the possibility of saving time by spending. Either in-game or with money. Personally, I don't find it less enjoyable. It just means you have to wait. Which is fine. Nothing worse than being done everything in a few days or a week, and having to wait another month for the next.
    Good for you, I’m happy that you don’t find waiting an extra hour to complete a quest because of a bunch of empty tiles utterly boring & unsatisfying, but most people do. It’s a matter of perspective, but the general consensus is that it’s pretty darn annoying. If you are in the minority that like it, good for you.
    An hour is not exactly accurate, but waiting is not unreasonable. You don't have enough Energy to run through the entire EQ with 70. You definitely don't have enough for Exploration. Either way you look at it, you're coming back, or using Refills. Those are the choices. You only get Rewards for Completion and Exploration, and you're not getting either with 70 Energy. Not for the whole EQ. First 3 Chapters in one Refill maybe, for Completion. No matter how you look at it, you're waiting or spending Refills/Units. That's what it takes.
    They could remove the empty Tiles, but you'd end up with ludicrous Energy per move. EQ will always take a considerable amount of Energy. That's just how it works. Using Energy is part of earning the Rewards.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Just wait for hit next time you have sufficient energy to continue the quest. Don’t see why it’s such a big deal tbh.

We have around 28-30 days to explore the entire EQ. Given that we gain 10 energy per hour, that’s 240 energy per day. Even if you miss out 3 hours cause you sleep 10 hours a day, it’s 220 approximately. Multiply that by 30, it’s 6600 energy for the entire month. This amount is more than enough to 100% Beginner through Uncollected, which I believe most don’t.

In addition, we get 10 free energy refills monthly from 3 day Alliance event quest, so that’s an additional 700 energy that we can use whenever we want to, or on side quests.

So yes, it’ll be ideal if we can complete one path per full energy, but in the overarching view, energy costs are still very much reasonable.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    The complete costs are not that high. You can complete everything for free if you play enough.

The only thing I think it’s not ok it’s that 1 path is over 70 energy. I remember they even said there shouldn’t be any path that exceeds the 70 energy limit. Sadly I couldn’t find the comment so...
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I only have so much time to play in the day because i cant play at work. If i sit down in the evening and play for 2 or 3 straight hours why should it cost me more than someone who plays the same amount of time but spreads it out over a whole day? I usually spend $20 every month just on energy because of the refills i have to purchase. It would be better i think if they gave u a set amount of energy per day and u didnt have to wait a few hours for it to refresh. That way everyone gets the same free energy per day and can use it however they want. If i need more than the games free allowance i can still purchase refills or use the ones from alliance events.
    If there are less empty tiles, it would mean more fights.

If there needs to cost lesser energy per path, it would mean having more paths to keep total energy constant.

Tbh, Idm having the empty tiles. It’s pretty good when I need to clear energy fast in between logins.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    There has to be something different.
    Up until the last 2 months we had the same amount of paths with under 70 energy, didn’t we?

I’m pretty sure there are some paths that can be cleared under 70 energy. Just up those to 70 to compensate for the excess in the others.

I don’t need mind the empty tiles either actually.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

This one
    Lainua said:

70 energy doesn't even clear a single path in EQ anymore

Not true. False statement. You can complete any path with 70 energy.

Tell me exactly where is the path that you can not go through with full energy?
    Not sure if it was this month but I remember one in I think the thanks evenr that required 87
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I would rather not have more fights, just clean up the useless tiles please
    Onmix said:

The complete costs are not that high. You can complete everything for free if you play enough.

The only thing I think it’s not ok it’s that 1 path is over 70 energy. I remember they even said there shouldn’t be any path that exceeds the 70 energy limit. Sadly I couldn’t find the comment so...

That was a specific EQ, if I remember correctly. Not every EQ.

xNig said:

Then it's funny how past Uncollected Difficulties I've completed fine with 70 Energy, with no extra fights. I wonder why they couldn't just do that again this round. Gotta love that saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    By increasing the 3 day alliance event ranked rewards, we were given 700 additional energy monthly.

No idea why people conveniently skipped this fact.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

Onmix said:

so after reading your comments the only thing i see you advocating is that kabam needs to add more energy bcoz ppl would be done early?? why do you think as kabam when you have to give feedback as player base. do you seriously justify that eq energy should be high which is a monthly content whereas they decreased the energy costs of act 4 ( permanent content) which was already getting very monotonous. how soon do you think eq will start to be monotonous then and it is starting to be if these energy costs are high and all that we encountered were just 5 fights per path just empty energy draining nodes
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★

Onmix said:

Most EQs are like that...
    The way the game is now energy is only going ^
    Djkrdjj said:

Onmix said:

Most EQs are like that...
    The way the game is now energy is only going ^
    then why is our max energy not increasing
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Then it's funny how past Uncollected Difficulties I've completed fine with 70 Energy, with no extra fights. I wonder why they couldn't just do that again this round. Gotta love that saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    By increasing the 3 day alliance event ranked rewards, we were given 700 additional energy monthly.

No idea why people conveniently skipped this fact.
    bcoz eq is the solo event which can be done without alliance and alliance events are done with alliances duh
    edited July 2019
    Akhilxcx said:

Onmix said:

so after reading your comments the only thing i see you advocating is that kabam needs to add more energy bcoz ppl would be done early?? why do you think as kabam when you have to give feedback as player base. do you seriously justify that eq energy should be high which is a monthly content whereas they decreased the energy costs of act 4 ( permanent content) which was already getting very monotonous. how soon do you think eq will start to be monotonous then and it is starting to be if these energy costs are high and all that we encountered were just 5 fights per path just empty energy draining nodes
    Advocating? No. I'm not advocating anything. I'm saying EQ requires Energy. We've done enough of these to know that. It's not monotonous. It's called lack of patience. We have one Quest for an entire month, and a few extra Energy Points doesn't make a difference to finishing the entire thing when you have to go back either way and do more. What do you get out of one pass that must be done with 70 Energy? Nothing. Aside from Completion and Exploration, you get nothing. Perhaps Event Quest Completion, but let's be honest. Most of us run that about once or twice a month at most. It doesn't make a difference overall if the Path goes over 70 Energy. What strikes me as strange is people are somehow offended month after month about the Energy for EQ, and it comes every month. We know it's going to take time and Energy.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Do arena, open arena crystals, use all units for energy refills. Been doing it for years

Akhilxcx said:

Onmix said:

Advocating? No. I'm not advocating anything. I'm saying EQ requires Energy. We've done enough of these to know that. It's not monotonous. It's called lack of patience. We have one Quest for an entire month, and a few extra Energy Points doesn't make a difference to finishing the entire thing when you have to go back either way and do more. What do you get out of one pass that must be done with 70 Energy? Nothing. Aside from Completion and Exploration, you get nothing. Perhaps Event Quest Completion, but let's be honest. Most of us run that about once or twice a month at most. It doesn't make a difference overall if the Path goes over 70 Energy. What strikes me as strange is people are somehow offended month after month about the Energy for EQ, and it comes every month. We know it's going to take time and Energy.
    the only person who is offended is you only. op is just trying to give his genuine feedback. if he is not happy with energy requirements you can't make him with your general ideas of a perfect game created by kabam