**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 6.2 Legends results: takeaways and lessons

Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
So it seems as though in the latest Act 6.2 legends run, clearing the content in a couple of days was good enough to get within the top 100. I heard similar stories of people not even trying and making it for the 6.1 legends run.

Just wondering what lessons and takeaways Kabam might have from this experience? In my view, it shows that people just aren't interested in sitting down for a 14-hour stretch to clear a piece of content. Seems like less than 60 people even seriously tried for the 6.2 results. I also wonder whether having hard road blocks like Mr Sinister discouraged a good number of people from trying. Perhaps it is just that interest in 6.2 is broadly lower than in other content, and therefore the interest in attempting a legends run was proportionately lower.

I wonder also if it is indicative of a general fatigue among the top-tier player base as to how much they've been getting pushed at all ends - AW, AQ etc - and consequently a lower appetite to push for marginally more rewards.

What do you guys think can be improved for the legends run in 6.3 and 6.4? Perhaps releasing the information as to the mysterious 6* champion prize would increase demand? Right now people are expecting the worst, something like a 6* Goldpool.

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I hope they keep it as it is so I can go for it with unoptimal champs, but the issue is the cost and time, I don’t know if a solution that can solve it, but they are the issues, the amount of boosts and refills required is just too much for larger pieces of content like 6.2, and the terrible design of 6.2 itself and how champ specific it was pushed even more people away
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    so I would not go by these reports too much. Remember that when 6.2 was released the champion was bugged to the point they had to split the legends. This would have increased the time runs.
  • Options
    Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Lormif said:

so I would not go by these reports too much. Remember that when 6.2 was released the champion was bugged to the point they had to split the legends. This would have increased the time runs.

There were only 100 legends awarded either way. Unless you are saying the bugged champion caused people's speed runs to drop to the length of a few days? I think it is pretty clear from the data that less than 60 people went full steam ahead for 6.2 legends runs.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I say it’s high time legends tags are based on skill and not the amount of $$$ and time you spend on the game. I’m not a fan of legends tags in content that takes hours and hours to complete. Hardly any players have that kind of time to spend on the game.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    6.2 just wasn't fun. I got legends with just under 10 days after giving up going for a real run once I saw how long it would be.