**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Newer champs hit way too hard

12346»

Comments

• Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I feel they're pushing themselves into a corner by creating these op champs
    To remedy that, expect some BS nodes and insane health pool.
    If you don't have any god tier, you're gonna cry.
    That's basically the new meta the way I see it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    To be honest, there's always an argument on any side. Champs don't hit hard (Maw, Diablo), people complain. They hit too hard (Domino, Cull), people complain. People ask for balance and complain about fixes. People still talk about the nerfs, and ask for more in the same breath. It's a never-ending cycle. One thing is for sure. If something is unintended or game-breaking, it will be resolved sometime. History has shown us that. However, the game will always have stronger and weaker Champs. (Although I would argue that weaker is subjective. Different Champs, different uses, different jobs.)
    For the purpose of this conversation, I won't get into that and just leave it at stronger and weaker. Lol. There's always going to be a range and a scale. They won't be equally as strong in every aspect. Balance doesn't mean equanimity.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    People need to actually read as what I read by work and others and my experience just doing first time 6.2 not there yet but close and cull is defo not gonna help in 6.2 just because the nodes and the fights that are on them as someone mentioned, let's say the first fight u have an evade champ or cant stop wont stop mk 50% evade that's the first fight in 6.1.1 he wont beat it as evade is too much or let's say fighting a caustic temper node he would die quickly as poison stacking, if fighting buffet his damage is pretty bad as no thanos favour until u sp3 if time it right. In 6.2.2 even if u get him ramped up the damage u are dealing u are getting incenerate which will just burn u down defo not the best way to save resources until properly needed, in 6.2.3 I wouldnt know but the degen would sure kill u if u try play just aggressive, with his utility he does have any as he has no immunity so he wont be able to deal with node like bleed poison as others mentioned especially if it's a full path of that 1 thing he will drain
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    This thread needs burning.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

The only argument I've made is that he can walk through anything currently bc he definitely cannot. I know this bc I've used him against those fights. Yet you're still here claiming otherwise with absolutely no firsthand experience of your own whatsoever.

I just get fed up with the hyperbole some of you throw around after you watch a few click bait YouTube videos when a lot of you haven't even finished act 5 and have no clue what you're talking about

I’m Elders Bane bro. I’ve been that way for months on end. I can post screenshots if you want proof.
    Wow I’m so i pressed that means you know a lot of the game
    @SquishyjrThe_4TH I wasn’t saying that to show off my impressive gaming d*ck. I’m not that kind of a person. Worknprogress was saying that people would haven’t completed Act 5 don’t have the knowledge to know what up, & I was saying I do.
    Dude give it up....
    @Lormif Give what up exactly? If you had half the mind to scroll up, you would see I made up & agreed with the person I was arguing with. But continue unnecessarily inflaming the discussion, by all means.
    Think for a second why that came so late? It was sent in the height of the disagreement but got delayed because of the moderation clause for some reason.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    And there goes your cull nerf.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    I’m sure he’ll still be worth the rank up
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I’m all for the cull fix but find it utter **** how it takes weeks to fix bugs that are disadvantage to us but bugs that benefit us are fixed nearly instantly
    Like kabam even saying they don’t prioritize bugs that benefit us is a complete and utter lie so much for transparency

Here’s the reason why newer champs hit hard, KABAM does that so people are always forced to go for new champs. Why do you think all of the new champs always have high prestige? KABAM wants people to see all these new powerful champs and how strong they are and how high prestige they are so people can drops tons of money on the crystals for a horrible shot at them. I’m convinced they make them super powerful at first so everyone goes for them, then after a month or two they will weaken them because of a ‘bug’ which wasn’t making the champion as effective. How do you explain the recent Cull Obsidian nerf? Lol

In fairness it was a bug causing him to hit much harder then he was supposed to
    Probabalg about 3 times as hard as he was on release
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★

I mean it’s true. A Cull at r5 can land 60k mediums and throw off 130k specials. Same with Namor . So doesn’t that mean that people who get lucky enough to get these champs as 5 or 6* have basically won the game? These champs cruise through newer content and destroy everything. Good damage for a 5/65 is something similar to sparky or cap IW. But it seems like these newer champs are just game breaking. If you don’t believe me, check out some gameplay of namor and Cull.

Is a joke, Cull has to be ramped up, he hits like. Wet noodle to start, and on any harder content he’s garbage to start, so much so, it’s impossible to get him to 10 charges..
    All you see on YouTube is the post ramp up wow specials, but there’s a reason u don’t see him on any act 6 teams

Ghost. Corv, Blade, have opened this entire game for forever, and newer champs haven’t yet taken over... I’d trade my cull for blade corv or ghost any day of the week
    Cranmer00 said:

I mean it’s true. A Cull at r5 can land 60k mediums and throw off 130k specials. Same with Namor . So doesn’t that mean that people who get lucky enough to get these champs as 5 or 6* have basically won the game? These champs cruise through newer content and destroy everything. Good damage for a 5/65 is something similar to sparky or cap IW. But it seems like these newer champs are just game breaking. If you don’t believe me, check out some gameplay of namor and Cull.

Is a joke, Cull has to be ramped up, he hits like. Wet noodle to start, and on any harder content he’s garbage to start, so much so, it’s impossible to get him to 10 charges..
    All you see on YouTube is the post ramp up wow specials, but there’s a reason u don’t see him on any act 6 teams

Ghost. Corv, Blade, have opened this entire game for forever, and newer champs haven’t yet taken over... I’d trade my cull for blade corv or ghost any day of the week
    He’s not useless before ramped up lol still hits much harder then most champs because of rout
    Soooo Wrong... Wet noodle, rout lasts all of a couple seconds, and doesn’t last as long as you see in the post 10 charge videos.

Cull is such a dmg softie, he doesn’t even make my act 6 starting team. He would be like my 15th choice, because he cannot kill a single champ without dying or taking 75% block dmg
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    Don't they test these things before releasing. Who is messing up all the time? We want names!
    Cranmer00 said:

Soooo Wrong... Wet noodle, rout lasts all of a couple seconds, and doesn’t last as long as you see in the post 10 charge videos.

Cull is such a dmg softie, he doesn’t even make my act 6 starting team. He would be like my 15th choice, because he cannot kill a single champ without dying or taking 75% block dmg

And then after the rout you get a long fury that gives like 200% attack
    Kobster84 said:

Cranmer00 said:

Lol you watch too much YouTube... that’s with him synergied all up he doesn’t even get fury unless duped and more when he’s synergied up.

He’s not a viable champion for any hard content.. he’s great for YouTube channels..

Lmk how he does against winter soldier..

Aegon does the same thing to the end of ROL content. That’s what ramp up champs do. They are garbage to start, but ramp up good, instead of an overall powerful champ from the first start

If they nerf the 10charges, they need to buff him at 1 charge
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    I would not mind to get compensation for not having cull :)) I need more resources to clear content without cull!
    Cranmer00 said:

Kobster84 said:

Cranmer00 said:

Lol you watch too much YouTube... that’s with him synergied all up he doesn’t even get fury unless duped and more when he’s synergied up.

He’s not a viable champion for any hard content.. he’s great for YouTube channels..

Lmk how he does against winter soldier..

Aegon does the same thing to the end of ROL content. That’s what ramp up champs do. They are garbage to start, but ramp up good, instead of an overall powerful champ from the first start

If they nerf the 10charges, they need to buff him at 1 charge
    Ye he gets his fury when duped the synergy one isn’t that strong and winter soldier has 500k health act 6 enemies have like 200k
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Act 6.1 is cleared in easy go by my teammate ally. 9 hits to kill ghost mini. 6 hits an 70% health is out at ultron boss. He is way too op. So stop complaining and be happy that u had time to complete content much easier while cull was bugged
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Thank u for bringing this up, op. Now cull has been... culled.

Trust issues with kabam, another minus.
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82

@X_Scott cull destroys 6.2. There are vids out there. Also I can’t beat 6.2 until I can get past 6.1, and considering I don’t have any bleed immunes for CB, I have to rely on luck with domino to beat him

Using Cull in his current state isn’t a good example. He us obviously broken. And we all know that Kabam will have him fixed really quick since his bug helps players. Took 3 weeks to fix the bug that hurt players but I bet it doesn’t even take 3 days to fix the bug that makes him OP.

Your argument that certain champs are OP seems like it’s purely driven by the fact that you don’t have these champs and others do. Everyone is given the same chance to get these champs. You can grind arena for them or you can buy crystals and get them.
  • AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★

@Gamer cull can destroy opponents with over 500k health in 30-40 hits. Nodes don’t restrict him that much yet

Isn't that his bug that's going on? KT1 video was with the bug
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

@Gamer cull can destroy opponents with over 500k health in 30-40 hits. Nodes don’t restrict him that much yet

Isn't that his bug that's going on? KT1 video was with the bug
    Yes it was the bug ther getting fix