**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Dr. Octopus any good unduped?

I have enough shards to go for the featured 5* but I'm having a hard time figuring out if he's really worth it. If any of you who pulled his 4* have any thoughts I would love to hear them.

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    No its his power steal and health steal when he is awakened that makes him good, unduped he's pretty average if not worse
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    No its his power steal and health steal when he is awakened that makes him good, unduped he's pretty average if not worse

That's what I was worried about. I really like his synergies though
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    His health steal is pretty lackluster for all those who are thinking he can heal up a lot. Basically it's like gullotine a SP 2. You need to place a biology breakthrough on opponent by parrying/blocking and the amount they regen for per tick turns to damage and you gain like 5-10% as health steal. To give numbers on ROL wolverine he takes 600 damage if you put up heal block and you gain back 130 per tick in health.

His power lock is actually much more useful and procs on power gain for you and opponent.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    I see him more as a collectors item.
    I can show you a video of why he is much more than a collectors item. It would drive up cutoffs to insane levels though.
    Also I don't want Kabam to nerf him!!!
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Sungj wrote: »

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say you don't have Doc Oc. His ability to power lock unduped is awesome and allows you to completely control champs like Magik and Hyperion. How exactly is that "pretty average of worse"?
  • MarsRuiRuiMarsRuiRui Posts: 27
    I have him undubbed and he is amazing again hyperion or magik or champs with MD. Fast they power gain, faster he powerlocks them haha, and if he was dubbed he would powerdrain them and give it in % back to you i believe. He has a lot utility and need lear how play him. But so far i have him 4/5 and he controls really good
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    his synergy with AM might break AW
    Shrimkins wrote: »

How so....not understand really good what his synergy means. So when get hit and he glances, he reflects ( give back) 40% dammage to you?
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    MarsRuiRui wrote: »

How so....not understand really good what his synergy means. So when get hit and he glances, he reflects ( give back) 40% dammage to you?

Yep, similar to thorns node, imagine that antman on enhanced abilities or thorns...u would die pretty fast, especially cuz there're no champs can reduce his glancing
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited August 2017

Yes that's exactly what happens. I'll have to do some testing to confirm, but currently there is no way to bypass AMs glancing ability. BW, electra, CB, GP... none of the typical ability accuracy reducers work.

This synergy turns him into a mobile thorns node that can't be avoided...
    Yep that super nice, makes him maybe viable for use at something! Really like synergy with electro as well, that power gain for him is really fast as well.
  • Black_AmunBlack_Amun Posts: 17

Yes that's exactly what happens. I'll have to do some testing to confirm, but currently there is no way to bypass AMs glancing ability. BW, electra, CB, GP... none of the typical ability accuracy reducers work.

Crossbones complete bypasses it with 4 or more fury stacks, and Dr. Voodoo's Brother Daniel does quite well at reducing his glancing ability effectiveness. Archangel destroys it if you can get a neurotoxin which can be a little difficult because of his glancing ability.
    Black_Amun wrote: »

Crossbones complete bypasses it with 4 or more fury stacks, and Dr. Voodoo's Brother Daniel does quite well at reducing his glancing ability effectiveness. Archangel destroys it if you can get a neurotoxin which can be a little difficult because of his glancing ability.

Isn't it weird that AA can't make AM get bleed, poison, neux tho his ability accuracy can't be reduced?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I honestly don’t think the ant man synergy will be too bad because it is 40% on hits that do 50% less damage and have about a 50% chance to proc, overall if my math is correct that is only 10% of damage dealt beck to you, in aw it is much better to just use electro and then you have another spot free instead of having to stick an easy kill with ock in defence
    Lvernon15 wrote: »
    I honestly don’t think the ant man synergy will be too bad because it is 40% on hits that do 50% less damage and have about a 50% chance to proc, overall if my math is correct that is only 10% of damage dealt beck to you, in aw it is much better to just use electro and then you have another spot free instead of having to stick an easy kill with ock in defence

We still don't know if the 40% dmg r based on the glaced hit or the dmg that would be taken without glancing...so those who r testing this synergy should telk us as i still don't know yet
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Black_Amun wrote: »

CB does not completely bypass glancing with 4+ fury (the furies do seem to reduce glancing to some extent though)