**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

should i sell 4* champ for a 5* shards?

Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★

should i sell 4* champ for a 5* shards? 95 votes

Yes
21%
Spity68DrownedGoddr_nish777DoonxPeterQuillGhostboytjieTehsigzorzMDarwishTheSpicyKnightKaratemike415Thanos_CarArsozLOUISIANIMAL225Ægon0710BenQcSlayerSlimeballBrudixTreeDraconisMatheus_Pontes00Blizz_4R_ 20 votes
No
78%
GroundedWisdomRagamugginGunnerTheremonCrkwestBuckeyeKPCmbk96B_RabbittJohnyzeroLvernon15ManChildDRob74CliffordcanTwmRSpiderCoolsRoOOtsThecrusher_9756Moot4LifeRiggs_97JyotishkaDarkness82 75 votes

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    No
    Never sell
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    If you are ok with pulling an Iron Patriot, then ... ;)
  • DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    Yes
    Option to sell is there for a reason. I pulled 5* hype yesterday after selling lol 😂
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    No
    Worst thing you can do is sell a champ, and summoner advancement ends today anyway so you can get shards there
  • B_RabbittB_Rabbitt Posts: 136
    No
    Selling champs when I was close to getting a crystal was the thing I regret the most in my early stages of playing. Sold my 4* OG Black Panther and after 3-4 years I have yet to pull him again but now when I do, I am missing out on extra 5* shards. Selling any champion is not worth it ever. Just be patient for a maximum of a week and you will get the shards that you are looking for.
  • Ægon0710Ægon0710 Posts: 83
    Yes
    No you should not, but I can never resist. Last time I sold a four star, pulled 5* ST
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    No
    It's a bad strategy. The gains are temporary. If you pull a champ you sold off, you don't get 5* shards. Moreover, you have no one for other game modes like arena or special events
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    No
    Selling champs can sometimes work out well. On my old acc I got bored and sold my entire roster and pulled NC. However, RNG can involve karma and you end up with MK. So with a 5* crystal, not worth it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    No
    No.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Yes
    Dude its one trash champ you have to sell, but if youre the Patient Typ of Person then wait..
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    No
    NEVER. SELL. NEVER
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    No
    Nope, it's a trick. A quick fix that will hurt you in the long run. Also, imagine how lame it would be if you sell and pull a trash 5* after.. Pretty much a waste all around then.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Yes
    i sold 6 4 stars last time, got a 5 star morningstar
    Before that, i sold a rank 4 psylocke and a rank 4 thor ragn. and i got a 5 star the Hood

The Thing is, you Keep champs just for the Slim Chance to awaken them, to get iso and 5 star shards. But if you sell 1 4 star to get a 5 star, that aint no big deal
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    No
    People are so good at this game.

I’m quite curious to see data on all the people who sell champs, yet complain about a gold shortage. Hilarious.

I haven’t sold a champ in 4 years, and if I were to guess, I make around 300k gold a week in selling iso from 4* dupes. No idea. Just a guess. May be more.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Yes
    I make it a rule to never sell... but i sold Kamela khan, Civil warrior, and another useless 4* for shards...
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Yes

I make it a rule to never sell... but i sold Kamela khan, Civil warrior, and another useless 4* for shards...

I sold 3 useless champs and got Killmonger and then sold 2 champs a few months later and got Gulk. No regrets yet but I dont recommend it lol
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    No
    5-star champions are likely to not be useful to you for a fair while. Anyway, you'll get extra 5* shards AND Iso8 for duplicating 4* champions, which is a LOT more than if you sold a 'useless' champion every time you got them.
    If you want more rewards in the long-term, DON'T sell champions. EVER.
    If you desperately want some more shards to open another crystal of the next tier, go right ahead. It's not my account; I can't make you not sell them.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    No
    People who say sell are like flat earthers, everyone knows they’re wrong but they don’t accept it and think they’re right, never sell champs
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    No
    I don't want to say never sell champs, but if you're level 50 then god tier 4* are still pretty important. Once you have more then it's no big deal every now and then IFF there';s a time limit involved. I did it back in the day a few times for the featured 5* which would have expired. In your case you'll get more if you complete the class trip this week