**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mcoc runs till at least 2021?

AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
With marvel announcing phase 4 and releases till 2021 , is it safe to assume that MCOC too will be running it’s servers and dishing out content till at
Least 2021 ?

Many were apprehensive game was shutting down after act 6

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    They have said previously they have content in development until at least 2021, this was before the new slate of movies were released.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Well, no one know how long the game will last.
    Some ppl considered it is “dead” after v12 upgrade
    Some ppl considered it is “dead” when founder Kevin Chou sold kabam to Korean netmarble in 2017
    It depends
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Act 6 is just the beginning...
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Reference said:

Some ppl considered it is “dead” when founder Kevin Chou sold kabam to Korean netmarble in 2017
    It depends

Really? Do you have a link to this ?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

These were people who know nothing about Kabam's plans and overreacted to Act 6.

• HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    Jyotishka said:

It runs as long as we love the game 😍😍

FTFY

It runs as long as we financially support the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Which is a good thing people spend. Otherwise we would be here discussing Candy Crush.
    From what I understand, they have tenative plans for as far as 2025. That may have changed since last I heard. Act 6 is the end of the story arc. More to come. ;)
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

Reference said:

It depends

Really? Do you have a link to this ?
    Google is your good friend
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/28/gaming-company-kabams-roller-coaster-ride-to-a-700-million-exit/
  • Pin_the_AvengerPGT17Pin_the_AvengerPGT17 Posts: 333 ★★
    They should add 7* to the game, profile rims be slightly purple... lavender actually
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

We have a lot of things planned for The Contest and don't have plans for shutting doors! Always remember where one things ends, another begins! :)

Just please don’t do what injustice did and make a second game
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,677 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

We have a lot of things planned for The Contest and don't have plans for shutting doors! Always remember where one things ends, another begins! :)

Imagine starting all over with a 1* spiderman....
  • StubshotStubshot Posts: 43
    Buttehrs said:

Kobster84 said:

Imagine starting all over with a 1* spiderman....
    Lol make a classic contest of champions of what the game originally was at first
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Be real cool if they could create another game like this marvel but card based?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    AlphA101 said:

Probably the same people that thought the world was going to end at the end of the Mayan long count calendar. Instead of what happens at the end of calendars in general.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Kobster84 said:

They had to make a second game to make money because the game was riddled with glitches because they made it an offline game

edited July 2019

What I really meant to ask is , when mcoc finally shuts down or mcoc 2 is launched , will exsisting rosters get transferred or gotta start all over again.? Please ask your superiors if you don’t have a concrete answer to this. Maybe I’m asking this way too soon , but it helps to be mentally prepared with all the investments everyone is making .

Thanks

DNA3000 said:

AlphA101 said:

Probably the same people that thought the world was going to end at the end of the Mayan long count calendar. Instead of what happens at the end of calendars in general.
    Those guys were seriously misinformed , the world has 427,000 years before another mega cycle begins

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    There are no plans for MCOC2 to the best of my knowledge, and no plans of ending anytime soon. If that's what you're asking.
    edited July 2019
    Haji_Saab said:

The game will run as long as you buy stuff in it. It is as simple as that.

How many people buy and if that is enough to break even is the question! But I feel spending has gone down though , I could be wrong as well
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242
    I wish they also had a DC version...do some cool crossover events.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    OzFearUs said:

Megatron vs Ultron seems more plausible.
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    Hendross said:

OzFearUs said:

Megatron vs Ultron seems more plausible.
    oh god, a crossover between Forged to Fight and MCOC... That would be great. Can Disney buy Transformers now so it can happen?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    AlphA101 said:

Haji_Saab said:

The game will run as long as you buy stuff in it. It is as simple as that.

How many people buy and if that is enough to break even is the question! But I feel spending has gone down though , I could be wrong as well
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. The estimates I've seen say the game is making on the order of $9 million USD a month and brought in about $3 million USD just on last year's Cyber Monday sales alone. That was supposedly their best single day revenue to date.