**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you think the Champ Rework Beta Tests should be opened to those with 4-star versions?

Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
So I've got a 5/50 unduped Old Man Logan. Sure I don't use him that much nowadays, but when I ranked him up, he helped me through a fair bit of stuff.
We know that Kabam usually only opens the Beta Realm for Champion Rework Beta Tests to those with at least one of the target champions as a 5*. That's all well and good...
But I mean 5/65s are OBVIOUSLY going to get through a ton of content. What about letting those Summoners with the 4* versions also potentially join the pool of Beta Testers? It would let some summoners test new rework characters against challenges at different points in progression. I think of how Seatin uses the 3/30 version of new champions to take against 4.4.6 to see how they can do.
For example, with a new reworked Old Man Logan (note that I take my basis against the datamined abilities), I would probably test the following content:
- Master + potentially Uncollected EQ. With the latter, of course a 5/65 is going to take an enemy at the end of the Quest out pretty dang quick. But a 5/50 would allow summoners to test the viability of the champion in longer fights against more enemies than the punching bag of MCOC, Realm Of Legends Winter Soldier.
- Act 5. I completed the Caltrops path for my initial completion of 5.4.Mephisto (gimme a break I can't remember the order of the bosses), and I used Old Man Logan to chip down one enemy so my Corvus could ramp up and then wreck the rest of that path. I'd like the opportunity to try OML against that path by himself to see how much better he could handle it. Alongside other quests in act 5 of course. Imagine how awesome it's gonna be, healing through Flare... or healing from the block damage you take from getting to high-damage mode on Breakthrough... or healing even though you're taking Brute Force degen... ooh boy.
- Variant 1? I mean I haven't done any of Ultron's Assault yet, but yeah I'd quit before the end of the quest...

The general idea that i'm wanting to get at is that if the 4* versions of target rework champs were allowed to get Summoners into the Beta, it would allow them to test the reworks at a different power level, and so more fairly test them in different content, and get a better idea of how they'll fit into a wider portion of MCOC Progression.

What do you guys think?

Do you think the Champ Rework Beta Tests should be opened to those with 4-star versions? 26 votes

No it should stay restricted to the 5-star versions
26%
RagamugginGunnerThunderGodDenzel116Rehan010_GeorgiaDawgSquishyjrThe_4THPkarli412 7 votes
yes let beta testers in with the gold-bordered 4-star bois
69%
Apocalypse189adqqedfyvrTerraSpurgeon14science22Grootman1294AleorMathking13FhfjghhggggjfhfjgTony886MeebletonBatman1903EtjamaArham1EvisceratorSkillful_starMawrCalleachMassapeal 18 votes
WE NEED MORE SILVER IN THE BETA REALM! LET THE 3-STARS IN TOO!
3%
Pure_awesomeness_123 1 vote
wtf is a beta?
0%

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    .... Aren't they already open to those with 4* Versions
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Yeah, I don’t know what he is talking about. Every beta I have been a part of they have never had rarity restrictions.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    There’s no rarity restrictions... anyone can get an invite as long as you have aby version of the champion.
    But great job wasting your time with the poll.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

Yeah, I don’t know what he is talking about. Every beta I have been a part of they have never had rarity restrictions.

There’s no rarity restrictions... anyone can get an invite as long as you have any version of the champion.

Okay I guess I'd never heard of that before. Thankyou to all of you guys for pointing that out.
    But the reason I came to the conclusion that 'you had to have a 5-star version to get into the beta' is that, as far as I understand, beta resources extend only to the 5-star version. I've only seen 5-star rank up gems, awakening gems, and signature stones available in the beta.
    Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    I was part of the Red Hulk/ Luke Cage beta with a 4/40 RH and no LC.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

There’s no rarity restrictions... anyone can get an invite as long as you have any version of the champion.

Okay I guess I'd never heard of that before. Thankyou to all of you guys for pointing that out.
    But the reason I came to the conclusion that 'you had to have a 5-star version to get into the beta' is that, as far as I understand, beta resources extend only to the 5-star version. I've only seen 5-star rank up gems, awakening gems, and signature stones available in the beta.
    Seen them yourself or on YouTube videos? I’ve never been in a beta with the free rank up materials myself so don’t know what’s available (only been in the AW beta a few months back) if it’s only on YouTube videos it’s because nobody cares to watch a 5/50 4* gameplay, they want to see strange and interesting 5/65 champion gameplay.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

I was part of the SH/SG beta. Days AFTER my beta invite I pulled both 5* variants. But in the store for gold were resources needed for 4/5*’s. I remember because I awakened and max sig’d ALL my science champs or jokes in my alliance Line chat.

If you have never been part of a beta before and only seen videos I can see how you would draw that conclusion. But I can assure you, materials for 4 and 5 stars are in the store.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

I was part of the SH/SG beta. Days AFTER my beta invite I pulled both 5* variants. But in the store for gold were resources needed for 4/5*’s. I remember because I awakened and max sig’d ALL my science champs or jokes in my alliance Line chat.

If you have never been part of a beta before and only seen videos I can see how you would draw that conclusion. But I can assure you, materials for 4 and 5 stars are in the store.
    oh cool that's awesome to know. Thanks guys!