**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Promotion Cabochon

Idea for a new inventory item:

Many times it seems a pity to invest so much time and resources into a champion in the game only to some day be forced to stop using that champion because it reaches that cap of its power and you've moved on to higher-star champions. It happens early in the game when you get your first few 2* champions and stop using the 1*s you begin with, and then again when you move on from 2*s to 3*s and 3*s to 4*s and 4*s to 5*s. It would be great if there were some rare items that made it possible to promote these champions you may have grown attached to, rather than leave them behind.

So...

Promotion Cabochons

These items can be used to promote any champion in your inventory one star level. They should be limited to a specific star level, and perhaps a specific class, and should promote them one star level while reducing their rank by one.
So for example a 1-star Cabochon can be used to transform a fully leveled up Rank 2 1-star champion into a Rank 1 Level 10 2-star champion.
A 2-star Cabochon could turn a 2/20 2-star into a 1/10 3-star; or a 3/30 2-star into a 2/20 3-star.
A 3-star Cabochon could turn a 4/40 3-star champion into a 3/30 4* champion, etc.
A 5-star Cabochon could turn a 5/50 4-star champion into a 4/55 5-star, etc.

Signature levels should stay the same, with the downside being if you upgrade a max sig level 4-star to a 5-star you only would have half max level since 5-star have a higher number of sig levels.

Would be a cool addition to the game.

Comments

• LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 291 ★★★
    Why would a rank 5 4* turn into a 4/55 5*, that's horribly overpowered
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    No.... Just no
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    No
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Like Marvel Future Fight ...

Technically Marvel Future Fight is owned by Netmarble/Kabam too
  • VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    edited August 2017
    Don't think this is a good idea, but if they did do it. I'd say it would have to be max for its star and when ranked up ne at the lowest teir of the next star. Example maxed 4* would end up being a new 5*. In the end, why would they do that? Would eliminate the need to get 5* shards and you could make 5* outta thjose champs they don't want being 5*s.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    It is a good idea. Although MUCH more likely as, @Vartox said, to turn fully ranked 5/5 4* to a new 5* no rank, no dupe, no sig.
    Why would they? Well because they can make that item as rare as generic awakening gem or whatever and still make a ton of money from people spending to rank their coveted player.
    Why not? Well because all 4* aren't available as 5* etc. currently.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236

So you're saying you only want to see super rare items in the game if they are weak and do nothing useful? Okay. If that's how you roll..
    It is a good idea. Although MUCH more likely as, @Vartox said, to turn fully ranked 5/5 4* to a new 5* no rank, no dupe, no sig.
    Why would they? Well because they can make that item as rare as generic awakening gem or whatever and still make a ton of money from people spending to rank their coveted player.
    Why not? Well because all 4* aren't available as 5* etc. currently.

it would be a cool item to have and yeah of course Kabam would make more money off of selling them. They could balance the rarity and power level any way they wanted to... and since they seem to be on the path toward making all characters available as 5-stars I don't see that as a big hurdle. But it would make it even more cool and interesting if you could make yourself a super rare 5-star that nobody else had... a 5-star Thanos.. or a 5-star OG Deadpool or OG Vision.
    Or if that's really so problematic well... they could easily just make it so that you can't use it on certain characters.
    They could make the 4* ones so rare it's like the sort of thing you would find maybe once a year... and make the 3* ones more common... and the 2* ones cheap... that's usually how stuff like this works.

They make 5* awakening gems so rare that people were paying $100 for a digital object last month.
    so by your logic:
    a r5 4* which costs
    5 basic catalysts and 3 t4cc for the main things that are hard to get
    is comparable to
    a r4 5* which costs
    6 basic catalysts, 4 t4cc and 4 t2 alphas, which may I remind you are extremely hard to get.
    sorry but no, that isn't a good idea
    it's OP and would make a lot of 'challenge's' easy which can ruin a game if it's easy and no fun, it would be a kick up the a** to the players that have explored/completed LOL for the T2 alphas if they found out the 20 something r5's they have can be converted into the things they worked/spent so much for..
    so by your logic:
    a r5 4* which costs
    5 basic catalysts and 3 t4cc for the main things that are hard to get
    is comparable to
    a r4 5* which costs
    6 basic catalysts, 4 t4cc and 4 t2 alphas, which may I remind you are extremely hard to get.
    sorry but no, that isn't a good idea
    it's OP and would make a lot of 'challenge's' easy which can ruin a game if it's easy and no fun, it would be a kick up the a** to the players that have explored/completed LOL for the T2 alphas if they found out the 20 something r5's they have can be converted into the things they worked/spent so much for..

seriously what do you people not understand about this? Spending a rare item should net you nothing?
    So if you use a rank up gem on a 4* 1/10 character... after you use the gem... it should still be a 4* 1/10 character? Because it would be unfair if the gem had any value whatsoever?

I didn't say give them out as common drops in Daily crystals.
    The negative comments left here are by people that seriously have no sense or imagination or understanding of game design. It's not even hard to comprehend. I said make the high level ones RARE. So yeah a t2 alpha is hard to get, and you need 4 of them to get a 5* to rank 4. So.. easy.. make a 4* Cabochon 4x harder to get than the t2 alpha.

Make the 3* Cabochons more common... and the 2* and 1* ones would be essentially as much garbage as all the useless 2* awakening gems I've got sitting in my inventory.

I also said, in response to suggestions that a 5/50 4* should turn into a 1/1 5*... whatever... it would be up to Kabam to balance the value/rarity of the item if they decided to make something like this. The more rare it was, the more valuable it should be. They could also restrict it to certain ranks. There are a lot of different ways they could go about it. Frankly if a 5/50 4* turned into a 1/1 5* I don't think that would even be worth it since you lose 3 t4cc that way and a lot of other resources. So that would IMO be going too far in the other direction, unless these things were super common. But if it was restricted by rank, or they tweaked how it worked.. well whatever.. a 2/25 5* is roughly equivalent to a 3/30 4*. but yeah as the ranks go up between 4*s and 5*s the difference between them gets bigger.

Tired of the "duuuurrrrr NO!" posts by people who can't even read what I wrote, much less think of something helpful to say. :P
    The negative comments left here are by people that seriously have no sense or imagination or understanding of game design. It's not even hard to comprehend. I said make the high level ones RARE. So yeah a t2 alpha is hard to get, and you need 4 of them to get a 5* to rank 4. So.. easy.. make a 4* Cabochon 4x harder to get than the t2 alpha.

Make the 3* Cabochons more common... and the 2* and 1* ones would be essentially as much garbage as all the useless 2* awakening gems I've got sitting in my inventory.

I also said, in response to suggestions that a 5/50 4* should turn into a 1/1 5*... whatever... it would be up to Kabam to balance the value/rarity of the item if they decided to make something like this. The more rare it was, the more valuable it should be. They could also restrict it to certain ranks. There are a lot of different ways they could go about it. Frankly if a 5/50 4* turned into a 1/1 5* I don't think that would even be worth it since you lose 3 t4cc that way and a lot of other resources. So that would IMO be going too far in the other direction, unless these things were super common. But if it was restricted by rank, or they tweaked how it worked.. well whatever.. a 2/25 5* is roughly equivalent to a 3/30 4*. but yeah as the ranks go up between 4*s and 5*s the difference between them gets bigger.

Tired of the "duuuurrrrr NO!" posts by people who can't even read what I wrote, much less think of something helpful to say. :P

it's completely overpowered.
  • Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 322
    Check out star tier upgrade post. It's a much better less op version of the same idea.
    Check out star tier upgrade. Much better less op version of the same idea
    Just because I disagree with your idea because I think it would be OP doesn't mean I don't have a sense of imagination? Sorry I dislike your promotion cabothingies..
    Just because I disagree with your idea because I think it would be OP doesn't mean I don't have a sense of imagination? Sorry I dislike your promotion cabothingies..

Same
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185

So you're saying you only want to see super rare items in the game if they are weak and do nothing useful? Okay. If that's how you roll..

I was thinking same thing, and then i thought, if i could sell 4* LC for an energy refill...heck, I'd at least have 4 energy refills by now.

:-)
    edited August 2017

It does, actually. The intelligent posts above suggested ways the power level could be adjusted. I didn't agree with all of them but that was imaginative open-minded constructive criticism. If you read carefully through my posts I suggested this, as well. It would be easy to tweak the power level up or down. And after that, then it's simply a matter of finding the right rarity.

Level 1 health potions are not very powerful.

5* Awakening gems and 5* hero crystals are powerful.

People don't complain about the latter before OP compared to the former because they're harder to get. A lot harder to get. Pretty simple concept.
    and a cabochon is a type of gem

The game already has gems, crystals, stones...
    Sigh.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited August 2017

Yep.

I cannot understand, why every single time someone suggest anything that could actually improve the players life, the game, even the Kabam bussines, a bunch of people react as if they're the selfproclaimed wife/heir of the Kabam owner and will kill everything pro players even will ask things for screws us.
    Seriously I fell like I'm again in the highschool watching principals pets.

I can understand everyone is free to dislike ideas, but this section is for suggest ideas to the Team, let the Team to say if they have an observation about the suggestion or they like it. The Team's comments are the only relevant here and they're the ones never reply.
    ^ thanks Groot. Seriously, if you don't like the idea, why not suggest how it could be better? Be constructive.

and I find it kind of funny that just a couple days after I suggested this, Kabam announced 6* champions are coming. :D So... all you guys whining about your t2 alphas going to waste, how do you feel now? In a year or two your 5*s are going to be obsolete.

.... wouldn't it be cool to have a way to side-step that? haha.

Kabam has also announced that all the rank up materials will become easier to obtain and they are lowering the cost to rank up 5*s so.... yeah.... are you going to get upset about that too?

The slow steady inevitable power creep continues. Might as well get used to the idea. What was very hard to come by a year ago isn't necessarily going to require the same amount of work to get next year. That's how these types of games have to work. The extreme upper limit of power must always be nigh-unattainable.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    I don't like the suggestion. My constructive suggestion is to stick to the schedule for release of the six stars because honestly I like that idea a lot and giving us such advance notice gives me enough time to save up my shards to prepare for the eventual launch. In the meantime, fix the existing bugs and leave the game the way it is because this is the game I downloaded to play in the beginning.

Introduce more content that is more skill based requiring intellect and coordination to clear would be awesome as well and perhaps tweak the Legend run format to switch it to more requirement than time base ensuring Android players can compete fairly as well. I am iOS by the way but would like more competitiveness to the current Legend format rather than the current one which is more device and champion specific.

A suggestion if I may is maybe to award the legend tag to the top 100 players who took the least damage below say a regulated time of 6 hours which forces skill play rather than just slapping on boosts and suicide masteries and plowing through heroic mode with no regards for damage taken rendering the necessity of completing heroic mode before master a bit redundant.
    I think it is a valid suggestion, but poorly thought out. It can't be as easy as just using an item, even if rare it would happen too often.

What I do agree with, is giving players an element of control to have their favorite champions at a higher teir. Many of us have personal favourites that we don't see at higher teirs. With the new 6* Champs coming out, I think the highest you should be able to control this is to 5*, but even that should be difficult.

I propose using a crappy marvel scientist that will likely never enter the contest, such as hank Pym or Mr. Fantastic, or on the villain side, William Stryker.

There would be a sort of cloning program where you could enter a champion, max them out in lvl and sig ability, and then on your next dupe of that champion, they would move up to the next teir, resetting as a base version.

For example, 3* gambit enters cloning program, gets maxed out in lvl and Sig ability... After some time you pull another 3* gambit, and then instead of receiving a max Sig ability crystal you are given a 3* Gambit Upgrade crystal. You could only use it on the gambit in the cloning program and then that Gambit would become a R1L1 Gambit with Sig ability 0.
    Interesting suggestions. Though I feel like taking a duped 5/50 sig level 99 4* to a 1/1 unduped sig level 0 5* wouldn't even be worth it. Not even for free. It's too much of a step in the other direction.

But maybe they could require additional resources to to it. Say... the cabochon.. PLUS an additional 10,000 5* hero shards... or a few catalysts.. or something... and maybe a reduction in signature level since higher level signature stones are more difficult to obtain than their lower level counterparts.
    Interesting suggestions. Though I feel like taking a duped 5/50 sig level 99 4* to a 1/1 unduped sig level 0 5* wouldn't even be worth it. Not even for free. It's too much of a step in the other direction.

But maybe they could require additional resources to to it. Say... the cabochon.. PLUS an additional 10,000 5* hero shards... or a few catalysts.. or something... and maybe a reduction in signature level since higher level signature stones are more difficult to obtain than their lower level counterparts.

I disagree. Not too far a step at all. You are paying for potential. Dupe lvl 99 is nothing compared to dupe lvl 200, not to mention the increase across the board. Keep in mind you wouldn't do this for all the champions. Just your favourites. The ones that were REALLY worth it.