**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The 1% bug

Greetings. Has anyone else noticed how a lot of the time when you hit your opponent with a combo or special that you expect to k.o. the opponent, they stay alive with 1% health? I hope it's not just me because it is really irritating and needs to be looked into.

Comments

• gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    It does happen once in a while but it doesn't seem to happen to me as much as it used to happen. There are a few defenders from whom this is expected (GP, Hela, Punisher), but sometimes it happens with others.
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    No i have it happen too. Especially when a special doesn’t crit someone and take out 15% health, but then it crits in assassin’s range but stops at 1% health and it still takes a full combo to finish them.
  • lukakalukaka Posts: 79
    i was exploring act 5.4 today and this happened to me 3 times and had to use revives for 1 percent!
  • Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 347

Conspiracy time
    Or it can be heimdal

It's not Heimdall synergy. The opponent's health just stops randomly at 1% absent of the Heimdall synergy. It's a common problem in war, arena, etc.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    I've noticed this happening a lot in the last couple weeks
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    There was This same concept thread ober a year ago and people laughing at the conspiracy theories, then video got posted that proved it and from memory kabam are 'looking into it' as of about a year ago, by video proven I mean people using special threes when opponents only had a few percent or even one percent and the opponent who was similar pi somehow surviving at 1%. If someone had time they could do number crunches off videos showing opponents initial health and percentages left and how much that second to last hit shows it takes off and whether it should have killed them, I've definitely had it happen times when my hits are taking off 2-3% and then having them on 1% and they somehow survive a punch and stay on 1%. So I have to hit them again.
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    I have it this occur daily. And you can tell it's set up because I've watch champs bleed and poison at 1% for seconds an then bleed or poison goes away an they still at 1%. Hit them with 5 hit combos at 1% and they still stayed alive. The games rigged. Just like I was running thru act 5 today an my champs completely froze in multiple fights costing me health and deaths when they shoulda been easy fights.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

There was This same concept thread ober a year ago and people laughing at the conspiracy theories, then video got posted that proved it and from memory kabam are 'looking into it' as of about a year ago, by video proven I mean people using special threes when opponents only had a few percent or even one percent and the opponent who was similar pi somehow surviving at 1%. If someone had time they could do number crunches off videos showing opponents initial health and percentages left and how much that second to last hit shows it takes off and whether it should have killed them, I've definitely had it happen times when my hits are taking off 2-3% and then having them on 1% and they somehow survive a punch and stay on 1%. So I have to hit them again.

That Video was of Mephisto surviving Blade which was a bugged interaction due to danger sense and was patched in 21.1.

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Speeds80 said:

There is no 1% bug. The only issue I recall was about as the Mephisto problem cited above by coathan3r. Cite your source, provide a link and show your “evidence”, LoL.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    remember 1% can be a lot, especially on act champions, or bosses in AQ/AW where they can have 500k+ health. that would make 1% somewhere between 0 and 10k (5k being the actual 1%.)
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Are we still on about this?

This has been reported again and again with no real evidence to back it up...and every single time the arguer loses to the voice of reason. Your opponent lived with 1%? Cool. Hit him again. Don't rely on forcing your foe to a 3bar and praying they die at the end of a combo unless you have absolutely no choice in the matter.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    There is not enough information here to demonstrate any issue. As mentioned, depending on a Champion's overall health, 1% can represent a lot of health and there is no reason to believe this would be the result of a bug based on the limited information shared here.
This discussion has been closed.