**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena HELP requests not working

When I’m fighting an arena and hit refresh to “request help” I’ll log back on later in an hour or so and have to do it again. It happens with all my 5*/6*.
I’ll come back later expecting my champs to be ready and it’s like I never hit the help refresh button at all, have to do it again.

WiFi
iPhone/iPad 12.4
game version 24.0

Comments

• digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    This is constantly happening, I’ve sent a ticket in and done all the troubleshooting advised by Support but still occurs.
    Half of my alliance says they are getting this too.

Really frustrating to refresh all your arena champs, close the app, come back an hour later and have to hit “help” again but then come back another hour later and still need to hit it again.
    I’ll even end an arena match, start the next series and only have 1-2 champs (instead of all 3) able to request help for refresh.
    It’s really a long cooldown without this mechanic working properly.
    Yer killing me Small’s
    Bump
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    This has happened to me multiple times this week. I press all the help buttons, leave, come back, and they're all back. It's pretty annoying. What's the deal, Kabam?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,605 Guardian
    You do know that only 1/2/3/4* heroes refresh in 2 hours (minus the up to 5 minutes less if fully helped by teammates). 5* heroes have refresh timer of 7 hours (5 more than 4* or below), and 6* add another 5 hours onto that for a very long 12 hour refresh.

Your 5/6* heroes do have their refresh time lessened by a minute per Help, but because of some quirk in game they will be available to ask for help AGAIN after 2 hours (probably a remnant of when 4* were highest in game and refreshes were all 2 hrs). BUT, any subsequent helps on 5/6* repeated requests don't seem to actually lessen it any more than the initial 5 minute lessening of their refresh.

You do know that only 1/2/3/4* heroes refresh in 2 hours (minus the up to 5 minutes less if fully helped by teammates). 5* heroes have refresh timer of 7 hours (5 more than 4* or below), and 6* add another 5 hours onto that for a very long 12 hour refresh.

Your 5/6* heroes do have their refresh time lessened by a minute per Help, but because of some quirk in game they will be available to ask for help AGAIN after 2 hours (probably a remnant of when 4* were highest in game and refreshes were all 2 hrs). BUT, any subsequent helps on 5/6* repeated requests don't seem to actually lessen it any more than the initial 5 minute lessening of their refresh.

I agree about the refresh times. I’m saying it’s like I’ve never pressed help at all and the timer has not lessened.
    Still doesn’t explain why I end an arena fight, click next series, I am brought back to the screen to pick three more champs for next fight and to “help refresh” the three champs from last fight and then only one of those three champs are available, often none of them available, to be refreshed.

In short I end a series and before I pick my next 3 I want to refresh the last three but all three are not able to be refreshed.
    There is an issue with the mechanics involved with a champ coming out of arena fight series, then needing to be refreshed and not available to press help for refresh directly after a series ends.
    As well as pressing “help” to refresh and it not registering, pressing hel and the timer not decreasing and then all the champs pop back up needing a refresh.
    Seems to have happened with high frequency since update 24.0.
    I’ve done the troubleshooting suggested by Support it still happens. It doesn’t matter if I am on cellular data or Wi-Fi my iPhone or my iPad it’s still occurs.
    After asking my alliance mates all of the people that run arena are affected by this and it happens to them with a very high frequency as well.
    If you are running your next session of arena right away as they come off their refresh timers from a couple hours previously, and you use them in Arena at say 1:56 after last using them (helps had lowered them to be available at 1:55 instead of 2:00), then after that match they may not yet be available for Help right away again because they have not yet fully exhausted their original 2 hr window.

You could use them at 1:55, and then a match or 2 later they will eventually be available to ask for Help on them again.

Actually a lot easier to see this happen with 5*... if come back in at 6 hrs later, and ask for help on them again (re-asking for Help, see earlier comment). Then come back anywhere between 1 and 2 hrs after that.. they’re available,to use in Arena again, but won't be able to ask for help on them again until 2 hrs have passed from the time you re-asked for help on that 5*.

If you are running your next session of arena right away as they come off their refresh timers from a couple hours previously, and you use them in Arena at say 1:56 after last using them (helps had lowered them to be available at 1:55 instead of 2:00), then after that match they may not yet be available for Help right away again because they have not yet fully exhausted their original 2 hr window.

You could use them at 1:55, and then a match or 2 later they will eventually be available to ask for Help on them again.

Actually a lot easier to see this happen with 5*... if come back in at 6 hrs later, and ask for help on them again (re-asking for Help, see earlier comment). Then come back anywhere between 1 and 2 hrs after that.. they’re available,to use in Arena again, but won't be able to ask for help on them again until 2 hrs have passed from the time you re-asked for help on that 5*.

I don’t think you are understanding what I’m saying lol
    You are talking about the down time during a refresh and I’m talking about the refresh not being an option immediately after arena fight, refresh not registering and not affecting the decrease in downtime for the refresh mechanics.

1. I pick three champs, have arena fight, fight is over and next series begins where I can fight with three more champs and “request help” to refresh the champs I just fought with. When I should have all three of those champs to refresh, immediately after an arena series, they are not all available for refresh.
    2. When I am able to “request help” to refresh champs, leave the arena and do a quest or close the game and come back in say 30 mins, all of the champs I have previously refreshed are again available for refresh (green plus symbol on champ avatar) as if I have never refreshed them at all. The timer has not decreased and it’s as if I never pressed help at all. This can occur in a 30 min window or as little as a few minutes, not hours.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Yoooo this exact same issue is happening to me bro. I even made a thread about it as well.

It happens randomly, but I noticed if I do dungeons after requesting help, then come back it always resets the help requests.

I even opened a ticket, and they claimed “In this case, we have not had any other players reporting this type of issue recently” Clearly this is wrong.
    I tried to show video proof but the size of the attachment is too large.

I’m new here can someone kindly tag a forum mod to look at this issue? It sucks that I’m a new player and can’t grind arena and dungeons at the same time.

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Help requests are about 2 mins per person I think, so 10 mins max, if 5 people help the. It will come back, and because the time is so short you will come back in an hour or so and not really notice the small difference
    Might actually still be just 1 minute per Help. Agree, it's so inconsequential, especially with so many heroes being out there that you probably aren’t even done with the 1st round using all your heroes before the time comes up for being able to use them again.. And what about this is preventing someone from doing both Arena and Dungeons ?

And I’d bet that any inconsistency (with the whole suite of heroes suddenly being up for Help again even before 2 hrs passed, etc) is just memory, cache, display problems, and probably isn't somehow taking away any reduction in minutes that teammates have already provided. Just like the visual display problems with some items in cache displaying the wrong icon sometimes, hero icons taking too long to load, etc.
    @Kabam Vydious please take a look at this thread. “Alliance help” event is up, I just did 37 help requests and they aren’t registering, I cannot claim the rewards.

Something is amiss with the HELP function.

(sorry for tagging you, I know it’s frowned upon. Sorry!)

“Alliance help” event is up, I just did 37 help requests and they aren’t registering, I cannot claim the rewards.

In case your don't already realize, Help Event Points can only come if a Help actually gives you Alliance Loyalty for that help. So if you have earned some of your allotted Loyaly for the day already (normally resets overnight) before the Help Even begins (midday'ish), then you will basically be unable to get a max 50 Help Event Points on the first day. Will have to wait until overnight Reset before being able to earn more points.

On the morning when Loyalty Event is finishing, I normally limit my Helps to only give some Energy Helps (not Arena Helps) until the Help Event kicks in (so I might only get about 45 pts later on in 1st day out of max 50, but better than 0 pts if you give out all your Helps in the morning beforehand). And yes, Loyaly Event is always the day before Help Event.

But, I’m sure this is “somehow” not what you’re talking about, and I must be confused about what you mean by this as well 😀