**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Nightcrawler in AW

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    So the complaint is that you "occasionally" lose to him in war? Yeah that can happen, but that's hardly worth nerfing over. In tier 1, anyone can kill you with a combo (or not hitting you). The much bigger issue is the prevalence of champs that do damage without touching you. Magik is everywhere and Dorm/iceman arenas are coming soon. Pretty soon, you'll be pumped to see an NC on the map at all.
  • Jaguaraci_SilvaJaguaraci_Silva Posts: 151
    edited July 2017
    I am using Ultron for NCs at the immune stun nodes. On last war I did 97-100 hits to beat him on left side before final boss. My Ultron has double regen and it was a round perfect.
  • trey92008trey92008 Posts: 101
    edited July 2017
    smdam38 wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I can't screen record wirrout paying money. I never see him as a war boss in tier 1. It's only dormamus and magiks in the big leagues

Why would you have to pay to record your screen?

I'm probably not on your level, but really want to see a video of you 'easily' kiling an AW Nightcrawler boss on stun immune.

So he's not a boss, but it's the same general strategy minus the parrys.. and yes, that's me.

No $$ if you have a mac, just quicktime

https://youtu.be/WcChdKL-Z7w
  • Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    NC is easy because any champ can beat him. I do not really agree with the "luck" standpoint either. It depends on the way you fight. Magik can't be solo killed without certain champs. Even then, its not easy.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    My biggest issue with NC is that he will often dash back and hold block to switch... and then drop block, raise block, drop it, raise it, and either keep resetting the timer, or it stops altogether with him remaining in Neyaphem. Do alright vs him on node 28 with Ultron or Elektra, rather see him than SM any damn day. SM just seems to be quicker about striking back after an evade, and of course, no chance to switch him.
  • Agent_007Agent_007 Posts: 26
    Now that evade is broken Noghtcrawler is impossible. He needs to be fixed or evade needs to be fixed.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    nc is easy just make him change his mode. spidey u cant change
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    NC was made to made non skill peeps use revives. I agree his evade is insane.

I finally agree with this guy. Evade is insane yet manageable
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    There are certain champs that different people have issues with, my nemesis is NC and CWBP. I freaking hate both of them. I can mess up spidey and find him easy in most modes but NC tears me up. I think the one issue is his attack after an evade can be insanely high. I don't think he needs changed, just need to find a high duel target and practice. Thats how I got down Spidey's move set.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    the problem i have had with swtiching him to swashbuckler is hitting him well blocking. if you end up needing a full combo to switch him after your 5th hit he will demolish you in 1 combo and you cant parry it. I have switched him multiple times only to be destroyed before i could land a hit.

lets be honest i have never seen nc switch to swashbuckler on his on time. 99% of the time you have to hit him well hes blocking which he will likely evade 1 of your block hits and reset the timer and most likely smoke you for a combo
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    the problem i have had with swtiching him to swashbuckler is hitting him well blocking. if you end up needing a full combo to switch him after your 5th hit he will demolish you in 1 combo and you cant parry it. I have switched him multiple times only to be destroyed before i could land a hit.

lets be honest i have never seen nc switch to swashbuckler on his on time. 99% of the time you have to hit him well hes blocking which he will likely evade 1 of your block hits and reset the timer and most likely smoke you for a combo

NC switching modes on his own without us hitting him would be like seeing bones go into overrun or Hood going invisible on their own. The AI isn't programmed to block that long while not being attacked.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I have actually seen Bones go into Overrun on his own, although not Hood into Invis, ha. But it is veeeeeeeery rare for them to switch solo. For NC, have to let timer run down a small amount, dash at him, and tap slowly to draw out the timer without attacking 5 times and getting smacked. And being prepared to block/special the split-second he evades, if he does so.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    NC is all about luck and the way the AI is playing.
    You want to make him switch mode? it means you need to hit him while he's blocking... but then he can evade and kill you with 3 hit combo (in AW he can kill a 5*R4 in 3 hits, especially on crit node).
    You don't want to take the risk and hit him while he block? it means you need to parry-hit... with limber and stun immune it's impossible..
    sometimes it feels like he has 100% chance to evade the first hit of combo - this is when the AI plays like a ****.

I rather fight spidey than against NC. NC is more aggressive which is a huge difference when it come with evade.
    NC is easy to fight when you can switch his fight mode but until now i had MUCH better chance to pull a 4* from PHC than changing his fight mode.

I don't see them changing him, not now and not ever.
    as history show us, a nerf come only to attack
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Nc is fine he does not need any changes. Just do 2 or 3 hit combos
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I don't want him changed I just want the evade bug actually fixed. It's been claimed to have been fixed so many times but I still get evade and stabbed at the same time almost every other war and it's cost me.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

Ive had NC switch back into nefmeyer or whatever its called from swashbuckling while I was across the map holding block down...so it does happen. I've only seen it two times though.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    i assumed someone has had it happen to them, thats why i said 99% :wink:
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Ok so yes he is manageable but are we going to ignore the clear evade bug? The one where NC heavy-evades-attacks all in the same tick?

That is definitely something that has been occuring only with recent updates (i attribute to updating causing the increased aggro of AI) and is supra-human reaction time but dare people on forums show some vulnerablility and admit its a CLEAR BUG/DEMENTED.

Sometimes all it takes is one of those clear glitches to occur and you are dead because the AI can do awesome 5-hit combos now too.

Seriously though AW is basically the NC-MD War
    Who wins - whales and the alliance with the most magiks/mystics w/MD and NCs...

So much for that 12.0 rebalance.
  • MrW3Ak___MrW3Ak___ Posts: 43
    Spider Man is incredibly predictable, his sp1 is the only thing that should occasionally get you.

NC however not only has the better evasion, but a successful evade gives him critical enhancement buffs, or stackable evasion buffs. Assuming he has dexterity already he's most definitely op. No one comes close. Magik and Spidey are fair game, but this guy set on a boss node has consistently killed more than any other AW defender I've ever seen. Easily 20+ kills alone.

Lol what? Nc boss getting 20 kills? maybe his first week in the game
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    He's not a hard boss as once he's switched its not a particularly hard fight, r5 starlord kills him in about 70 hits, I killed one one shot with left hand miniboss still up, r5 starlord, 86 hits zero deaths, however it is really down to the Ai, I run lane 3 (the stun immune lane every war )on stun immune and miniboss he regularly wipes out my characters even with all the practise and a good amount of skill, drax used to be good against him as his double hit often beat evade, but since they have upgraded the Ai timing Its buggy and I often get parried as he's evading now, in my observation starlord seems to get less evades with the class advantage, and not having a Bw I use crossbones and get his furies up early so that he can't evade (once you have 5 furies) sometimes he evades anyway as war seems To be buggy these days anyway
    Hope the advice helps
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I take the left section in AW with the crit rate and stun immune nodes and multiple times I have fought 3 nightcrawlers in a row and those are general my best AW runs. Nightcrawler is not difficult especially if he's duped. People keep complaining about him and the evade bug when if you play well you can turn off his evade. NC is not even used as a boss in top tier alliance wars because most of the time he gets 1 or 2 kills tops and most of the time is one shot with a star lord, iceman, gwenpool, archangel, vision, dr voodoo, captain america,elektra or pretty much every other popular AW attacker. With evade champions if you stick to 4 combos and play slowly you drastically reduce your chances of the evade bug procing since most of the time it occurs when you throw your first or last medium hit. Every other evade expect for ones that attack and evade at the exact same time is avoidable if you do the M-L-L-L combo or just hit him when he is stunned
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    I take the left section in AW with the crit rate and stun immune nodes and multiple times I have fought 3 nightcrawlers in a row and those are general my best AW runs. Nightcrawler is not difficult especially if he's duped. People keep complaining about him and the evade bug when if you play well you can turn off his evade. NC is not even used as a boss in top tier alliance wars because most of the time he gets 1 or 2 kills tops and most of the time is one shot with a star lord, iceman, gwenpool, archangel, vision, dr voodoo, captain america,elektra or pretty much every other popular AW attacker. With evade champions if you stick to 4 combos and play slowly you drastically reduce your chances of the evade bug procing since most of the time it occurs when you throw your first or last medium hit. Every other evade expect for ones that attack and evade at the exact same time is avoidable if you do the M-L-L-L combo or just hit him when he is stunned

It used to be like that for me but if I try a medium and he evade I get hit immediately. That exact strategy is what I used to use but it's not working anymore
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

It used to be like that for me but if I try a medium and he evade I get hit immediately. That exact strategy is what I used to use but it's not working anymore

If you bait specials and bait heavy attacks then go in even if he evades a medium you don't get hit unless the bug kicks in. Intercepting on NC is something I avoid because mediums when not going in after a special or heavy has a chance to hit you. It takes a lot of practicing to get a solid strategy down but honestly switching stances is not difficult at all anymore since I spent a good amount of time practicing on unduped nightcrawlers so I usually just do that
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Being on lane A in AW, I share the frustration expressed here. Not bc of any lack of skill on my part, but bc the evade-attack still isn't fixed. Electra also doesn't work. BW spotty at best. There needs to be a fix for this.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    You want to make him switch mode? it means you need to hit him while his blocking... but then he can evade and kill you with 3 hit combo (in AW he can kill a 5*R4 in 3 hits, especially on crit node).
    You don't want to take the risk and hit him while he block? it means you need to parry-hit... with limber and stun immune it's impossible..
    sometimes it feels like he has 100% chance to evade the first hit of combo - this is when the AI plays like a ****.

I rather fight spidey than against NC. NC is more aggressive which is a huge difference when it come with evade.
    NC is easy to fight when you can switch his fight mode but until now i had MUCH better chance to pull a 4* from PHC than changing his fight mode.

as history show us, a nerf come only to attack champions
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    You want to make him switch mode? it means you need to hit him while his blocking... but then he can evade and kill you with 3 hit combo (in AW he can kill a 5*R4 in 3 hits, especially on crit node).

as history show us, a nerf come only to attack champions

Ya definately not changing, notice how quick the response was to the NC disappearing bug on the other thread, yet this one has a lot more interest and discussion yet it is ignored. He definately is working as certain people want him to, cannot think of a reason why (sarcasm).
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    You think NC is bad how bout Magik limbo being amped up that its impossible to fight her

units can fight them.. buy odin box LOL
  • NumanNuman Posts: 276 ★★
    nc as boss is a very easy to beat .I usually solo him with 1 node on
  • NumanNuman Posts: 276 ★★
    nc as boss is a very easy to beat .I usually solo him with 1 node on
  • Agent_007Agent_007 Posts: 26
    It’s been 6 months since I first posted this and my opinion has not changed. He sucks to fight against.