**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I max 4*s ?

AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
I’m starting to do act 5 and have a team of 4/40 champs and 1 2/35 5*

I’ve seen people complete act 5 with max 4*s , but after act 5 ,they will not help with act 6 and I feel my resources can be better used if i focus only on advancing 5*s to r3 and beyond.

Or should I max my best 4*s and give act 5 a good run and then later worry about ranking up 5*s?

If I focus only on 5* rank ups , it could be a good few months before I’m able to start act 5 !

T4cc is coming really slow atm.

Comments

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I would still max out your top 4* champs. They can still be better than an unduped 5*. Once u r done with act 5 they can still be used for diversity in war so its not like u wont ever use them. They also will get u more points faster in arena than 5* champs. Dont worry about ranking all of the 4*s but i definitely would take up the top ones.
  • Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 233 ★★★
    This is a question I have been wondering myself. I am currently at Act 5.2.3. Thanks for putting it out there’.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Jaymix79 said:

This is a question I have been wondering myself. I am currently at Act 5.2.3. Thanks for putting it out there’.

I wouldn’t have asked this if the gates for act 6 didn’t exist. And my friend is in a gold1 ally , where no 4*s are allowed on defence. Only 3/45 minimum

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

Or should I max my best 4*s and give act 5 a good run and then later worry about ranking up 5*s?

If you do monthly EQ and such, 4*'s work just fine there ..
    Just need to be picky about who you rank up ...
    dot_ditto said:

AlphA101 said:

If you do monthly EQ and such, 4*'s work just fine there ..
    Just need to be picky about who you rank up ...
    Yes agreed , I’ve seen people do UC eq with just 4*s and they help in arena too

• Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    You're still starting act 5 and already thinking about act 6? Bruh....just take it step by step, the biggest issue for you now isn't whether you should rank 4*s cause they aren't allowed in act 6...rather you should be concerned with the collector...once you defeat him,you can start focusing on 5*s cause by then you'd probably have like at least more than 3...but right now max out all of those champs except probably SS. (That's my personal opinion) but yeah corvus capIW and SW definitely no doubt you gotta upgrade.

You're still starting act 5 and already thinking about act 6? Bruh....just take it step by step, the biggest issue for you now isn't whether you should rank 4*s cause they aren't allowed in act 6...rather you should be concerned with the collector...once you defeat him,you can start focusing on 5*s cause by then you'd probably have like at least more than 3...but right now max out all of those champs except probably SS. (That's my personal opinion) but yeah corvus capIW and SW definitely no doubt you gotta upgrade.

Thanks

How about when it comes to the same character. I have a 5* Medusa rank 1/5 and a 4* as well rank 3/5. Both I am able to rank up to the next level. Which would would be a better rank up for where I am at in act 5.2.3.
    Neither are duped.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    AlphA101 said:

Jaymix79 said:

I wouldn’t have asked this if the gates for act 6 didn’t exist. And my friend is in a gold1 ally , where no 4*s are allowed on defence. Only 3/45 minimum

Mate if youre just at act 5 and you have only 1 5 2 35 then youre miilees and miles and even more miles away from even starting act 6. You shouldnt worry about These Gates there. While you Do act 5 its a good Thing to have some maxed out 4 stars, for aw defense, for aw offense sometimes and for the fun. Plus it gives you a decent amount of points in Arena.
    But dont Do it if you have 5 Stars that youd like to rank up, 5 Stars are more important So they should be youre priority
    Jaymix79 said:

How about when it comes to the same character. I have a 5* Medusa rank 1/5 and a 4* as well rank 3/5. Both I am able to rank up to the next level. Which would would be a better rank up for where I am at in act 5.2.3.
    Neither are duped.

And if you have Medusa as 5 star, then first off: big congrats!!! And 2 pls just rank 3 Max her asap!!!
    Thanks @BrudixTree
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    Don't bother friend, you can't bring 4* to last chapter. Use for 5* and above only
    edited July 2019
    Kek nö Problem mate
    And what you talking about squeshy? I don't understand you
    Ya last chapter act 6 you banned from using 4*... no or wrong?
    english not so well. Sorry for your confusions sir
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I've done 6.2 and I have still taken 4* to R5 at times, I will be taking my 4* Wasp to R5 for example, as I don't have the 5* and can't justify a 4/40 in AW if I run Ghost.
    You need to remember that the only thing that you can't use 4* in is Act 6+, there's still MEQ, AW, AQ, Variant 1,2,3, ROL, RTTL, LOL, Acts 1-5 that they are useful in. I used a 4* Hulk Ragnorak and Venom in Variant 2 because I didn't have 5* versions and they were good options for the quests, until recently I used 4* versions of Massacre and Red Hulk for my Domino. Very few players don't have a use for 4* champions, no matter how deep into the game they are.
    Very much thanks to everyone for their insights. I’m going to pull my 3rd 5* in a few days and then I’ll go ahead and rank up.
  • DankPlutoDankPluto Posts: 137
    I’m am on 5.2.3 too and I have

Max 4* CapIW
    Max 4* Corvus (sometimes isn’t good for healthpools)
    Rank 3 5* Domino just pulled her last week
    Rank 4 4*duped VtD
    Rank 4 4*Quake
    Rank 4 4* duped Magik

DankPluto said:

Max 4* CapIW
    Rank 4 4*duped VtD
    Rank 4 4*Quake
    Rank 4 4* duped Magik

Is there a big jump in difficulty in 5.3 from 5.1?

AlphA101 said:

DankPluto said:

Max 4* CapIW
    Rank 4 4*duped VtD
    Rank 4 4*Quake
    Rank 4 4* duped Magik

Is there a big jump in difficulty in 5.3 from 5.1?

I personally think that from chapter 2 collector to chapter 3 theres a big jump from really high difficulty to rather medium difficulty, the collector and the Ultron are the hardest enemys in act 5.
    AlphA101 said:

I’m starting to do act 5 and have a team of 4/40 champs and 1 2/35 5*

I’ve seen people complete act 5 with max 4*s , but after act 5 ,they will not help with act 6 and I feel my resources can be better used if i focus only on advancing 5*s to r3 and beyond.

If I focus only on 5* rank ups , it could be a good few months before I’m able to start act 5 !

T4cc is coming really slow atm.

Concerning this one:
    I personally Think it depends on how frequently you get 5 stars, if you get them like every 2 weeks, then you may safe all you got in case you pull something insane! If thats more like once per month, better invest in youre 4 stars, because you can increase the frequency of pulling 5 stars by having many good 4 stars!
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes and this should help:
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    I agree with @BrudixTree that investment depends upon the roster... when you have almost all 4* then your probability to get 5* increases significantly... I believe that we should rank up 2/3 champs in each category... so that we have a versatile roster to handle almost all thing (not saying lol or uncollected last chapter eq)... then we should stop upgrading (upgrade when iso expire)...