**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Fighting against Spiderverse Champions in Arena

BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Is anyone else having a hard time getting them to show up in the arena? We have an objective which involves the last two milestones requiring 50 fights and they don't show up very often and if they do it is usually one per three fights.

Anyone else having that trouble?

(Here is where I am at: [Milestone 6/7] - 39/50, [Milestone 7/7] - 0/50)

Comments

• TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I am too. I just got to the last 50 today. I think the concept was to reward those who really push for top rewards i the arenas. I don't put a ton of time into the arenas myself, so I guess that is the struggle. However you would think if they are going to create the objective, they would provide more as available opponents.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    Unfortunately, if most people have hit the milestones for using spiderverse characters in arena, there will be fewer to fight.

I know when I hit them, I went back to my usual higher PI characters.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

I find them almost every time I start an arena match.

Glad to hear your doing well.
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Should have started earlier in the event. As soon as it opened 1 of 3 teams were all spiderverse champs, because everyone was rushing to get the objectives. Most everyone has already made the objectives already so they don’t care to make an all spiderverse team like before.
    Also try 3* arena, everyone has 3* and the spiderverse champs are more prevalent

Should have started earlier in the event. As soon as it opened 1 of 3 teams were all spiderverse champs, because everyone was rushing to get the objectives. Most everyone has already made the objectives already so they don’t care to make an all spiderverse team like before.
    Also try 3* arena, everyone has 3* and the spiderverse champs are more prevalent

Thank you for the advice!
    I'm also a F2P, work full time, and have a family. Should have mentioned that. Not looking for sympathy, but explaining how my time is limited.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Summoner trials is best for this objective, because 1 and 2 stars have the highest % of spiderverse champions in the pool and fights are the fastest. You might be able to skip it too, because there is more markers to get than needed - I have explored epic, master and heroic trips 100% and got 7600 or something markers left
  • JCBRJCBR Posts: 43

I'm also a F2P, work full time, and have a family. Should have mentioned that. Not looking for sympathy, but explaining how my time is limited.

I feel you man
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian

Based on the information you posted, you're eleven kills from completing the second to last objective and need 61 kills to fully complete the entire chain. It takes 205 kills to complete the full chain of objectives, so you're about 70% of the way there with eight days to go. You're currently on pace to reach 194. That's not bad for someone with limited time as you assert, and I think it is within reach if you take @DiablosUltimate 's advice and focus on arena events with higher percentages for just a little while.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Is anyone else having a hard time getting them to show up in the arena? We have an objective which involves the last two milestones requiring 50 fights and they don't show up very often and if they do it is usually one per three fights.

Anyone else having that trouble?

(Here is where I am at: [Milestone 6/7] - 39/50, [Milestone 7/7] - 0/50)

i would recommend you to do 2* and 3* arena, because a lot more players have 2*/3* versions of spiderverse champs compared to 4* and 5*: go above fight 15 (where thanos/kang teams stop to appear, and you get other players' teams instead), and it will not that difficult to complete the objective :)
    @DNA3000 Thank you for your encouragement. I am going to press on and wherever I end up I will try and update on here.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,582 Guardian
    edited July 2019
    Some previous comment seemed to suggest that we get to pick our own 3-man teams that others will be matched up against in Arena, as if we were really doing Arena Battles against real-live opponent’s. Sorry, that's just incorrect.
    While people may have indeed been picking Spiderverse teams to use for their own Arena matches, that has nothing to do with the randomly selected teams that the computer chooses from other summoner's rosters as your choice of opponents.

Onto another quick solution to finding Spiderverse matches in Arena...
    (1) just do some Arena, without regard to Streak or Points
    (2) from the 3 team choices, if one has a visible Spiderverse, go with that opponent choice. If not, just select any of the 3 summoners.
    (3) just fight to win any fights that are against a Spiderverse, and the others just Pause-Quit the fight (even if that means losing a Win Streak).
    (4) from the opponent team selected, if none of the 3 champs are Spiderverse, just BACK OUT and go right to the “EXIT DOOR” on the upper-right corner of that particular Arena panel. It forfeits the whole Match all at once, so no need to even go into each individual fight to even just Quit out of each fight.

So basically you’re just doing a grand total of 50 fights (or however many are needed for each “Fight Against Spiderverse” Milestone).
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Well, I only have the 5-star milestone and this “against spiderverse arena” one left (still 93 fights left to go). And your suggestion is great!

Did the 2-3* arena since that has no entry costs. The drop rates are really poor, to clock 10 spiderverse champs, i had to cycle 75 of my champs. But at least I didn’t have to go through 65 unnecessary fights. Thanks for the tip!

Onto another quick solution to finding Spiderverse matches in Arena...
    (1) just do some Arena, without regard to Streak or Points
    (2) from the 3 team choices, if one has a visible Spiderverse, go with that opponent choice. If not, just select any of the 3 summoners.
    (3) just fight to win any fights that are against a Spiderverse, and the others just Pause-Quit the fight (even if that means losing a Win Streak).
    (4) from the opponent team selected, if none of the 3 champs are Spiderverse, just BACK OUT and go right to the “EXIT DOOR” on the upper-right corner of that particular Arena panel. It forfeits the whole Match all at once, so no need to even go into each individual fight to even just Quit out of each fight.

So basically you’re just doing a grand total of 50 fights (or however many are needed for each “Fight Against Spiderverse” Milestone).

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,582 Guardian
    @ezgoing .. Glad I could help. And remember which champs are the 17 (spiders, symbiotes, and villains) that count as Spiderverse (plus the 2 newest heroes which makes 19 in all), so you can easily recognize them as you are quickly seeking out Arena matches that actually have one of them to fight... (those drop rates for matchups seems a little low, you sure you weren't just looking for Spiders ?)

• ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Nope, I used them to clock the other “using spiderverse” objectives, so knew all of them pretty well. I have gone like 5 to 6 rounds x 3 fights without seeing any spiderverse champs to fight against. Avengers are hell more common I think.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I've noticed too the spider verse champs are pretty rare recently. Yesterday I just completed all the milestones on the 3&4* arena. I only faced 3 spider verse champs the whole time.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Some previous comment seemed to suggest that we get to pick our own 3-man teams that others will be matched up against in Arena, as if we were really doing Arena Battles against real-live opponent’s. Sorry, that's just incorrect.

well, the game has shown something different: if everybody use spiderverse champs, everybody will fight spiderverse champs. You can tell me that it's incorrect, but the number of 3-spiderverse-champ teams that i have fought since the event started is a lot higher than normal. And simply by doing 2* and 3* arena, with the method wrote some comment above (go above fight 15, fight other players' teams), i was able to complete the objective chain in ten days ^_^
    Update at 28/50. :)
    New Update: 42/50. Tomorrow should reach the goal. Thank again to encouragement, advice, and tips. I've reached Lvl 60 this week, completed the final objective in fighting a spiderverse champion in questions, and now am close to completing the final objective in fights against spiderverse character in arena.
  • Some previous comment seemed to suggest that we get to pick our own 3-man teams that others will be matched up against in Arena, as if we were really doing Arena Battles against real-live opponent’s. Sorry, that's just incorrect.

well, the game has shown something different: if everybody use spiderverse champs, everybody will fight spiderverse champs. You can tell me that it's incorrect, but the number of 3-spiderverse-champ teams that i have fought since the event started is a lot higher than normal. And simply by doing 2* and 3* arena, ...
    Would be interesting to hear from Kabam on how they select champs for opponent arena 3-man teams. But I would bet that it has nothing to do with how each Summoner has paired his team when he/she does their own Arena matches. People easily run 20, 30, or even 40+ different matches each time, so to say that Kabam will somehow pull out a select few of those pairings to use when you are selected for being an Opponent would not make sense.

Now if Kabam would actually have a Setup area where you could actually create several different Arena Opponent pairing teams (1 for each Star Rating Arena) that would be what would be used when people matchup against you in Arena, that'd be interesting, but they don't.

It very well might be that Kabam modifies the champ pairing algorithm during events like this to put more chance into a Spiderverse (but would have nothing to do with how you may have done your own fights in arena). I’d also bet their algorithm sometimes randomly takes into account different Synergy teams (which would make an all Spiderverse a good possibility), such as other times you’d encounter Blade Trinity or Heimdall Trinity teams, X-men teams, or Avenger teams. Most likely, all of the 3-man pairings for opponent teams are probably pre-built and stored for quick selection to be opponents, and only updated from time to time (otherwise it would be a Processing nightmare).
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    Just find a duel against someone who has the top champ and use duel credits or refresh for five units to get to milestone.