**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[iOS] 24.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

2»

Comments

• SlamjoeSlamjoe Posts: 8
    In-Game Name: Slamjoe
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Verizon
    Game Version Installed: latest

Hello. Controls are not responsive at times, especially against champs higher then me. Can’t dash back, can’t dash forward, can’t block. Sry frustrating
  • Bossdog55555Bossdog55555 Posts: 61
    edited July 2019
    I’m Game Name: Bossdog55555

iPhone: iPhone X

Software version:
    IOS 12.3.1
    Game 24.0 (or whatever the newest one is, I update constantly)

Cellular or WiFi: I am unsure, I have been away from home and unable to play on WiFi for several weeks. It has occurred all the time on cellular but I’m not sure about WiFi.

Game mode: this has happened to me in all game modes, it’s been most debilitating in alliance quest, arenas and regular quests.

Description of Issue: My iPhone keeps overheating, leading to lag spikes that have killed me and making my phone move impossibly slow moving between apps.

P.S. this has happened to some of my alliance mates too, not just me.
  • Bossdog55555Bossdog55555 Posts: 61

I’m Game Name: Bossdog55555

iPhone: iPhone X

Software version:
    IOS 12.3.1
    Game 24.0 (or whatever the newest one is, I update constantly)

Cellular or WiFi: I am unsure, I have been away from home and unable to play on WiFi for several weeks. It has occurred all the time on cellular but I’m not sure about WiFi.

Game mode: this has happened to me in all game modes, it’s been most debilitating in alliance quest, arenas and regular quests.

Description of Issue: My iPhone keeps overheating, leading to lag spikes that have killed me and making my phone move impossibly slow moving between apps.

P.S. this has happened to some of my alliance mates too, not just me.

Update: 2 more of my alliance mates who also have iPhone Xs also report having this overheating problem which leads to severe lag spikes that has hurt us in aq, regular questing and arena. @Kabam Miike can you please have someone look into this.
  • SlamjoeSlamjoe Posts: 8
    The game is still really horrible for me. I’m fighting 17k champs and my controls just go to hell
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    Great, a new month and lag has increased as usual. It takes a long time for opponents to show, stuttering start fo combat, controls unresponsive and especially when using specials. Parry and evade is just horrible, sometimes it actually works but movement for dashing back is short and attackers catching up quickly. Holding blocks can likely result in dashing forward, a small reflex move of left thumb and champ storms into an attack. Control s are not so sensitive for movement in the left direction.

Heating up after a few minutes of just browsing or play any event seams to be the new normal.
  • CanekaCaneka Posts: 12
    In-Game Name: Canekera
    Device and Model: IPhone 7+
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.4
    Cellular or WiFi: I only use Wifi
    Game Version Installed: Version 24.0 (i had quit the game some time ago, but ever since i came back (it was that eq with Nameless Thanos, version 22.0 maybe?, its been lagging since then)
    Game Mode: Every mode of game, story quests, event quests, alliance war, alliance quests and arenas. (i dont do duels, so dunno)
    Description of the Issue: Huge graphic lag spikes, randomly, i tried to find what was triggering the lag, but i just couldnt find, it just happen sometimes at the start of the fight, sometimes later on. So as i mentioned before i had quit the game before, and when i got back it was already lagging, i heard people saying it all started with the Human Torch/Annihilus update.
  • Geoqui21Geoqui21 Posts: 55
    In-Game Name: Geoqui21
    Device and Model: iPhone 8 Plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.3.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Sprint and WiFi.
    Game Version Installed: 24.0
    Game Mode: All modes of play. Most recent was variant #1 1.1 and AQ.
    Description of the Issue: I’m playing normally, out of nowhere my champion and my opponent lag; it just starts moving like motion pictures and it throws me off my normal gameplay flow. To play this game it’s about rhythm and parrying/intercepting timing. With these “lag/lapses of time” where they stop moving and the frames catch up, I end up getting a full combo to the face from someone with 4K+ attack and even 10K+ from variant.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: Nick Caine
    Device and Model: IPhone 8 Plus
    Device Operating System: ios 12.3.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular, Verizon
    Game Version Installed: 24.0
    Game Mode: Mostly noticed in Alliance War and Quest
    Description of the Issue: It doesn't seem to be a lag issue as much as a performance issue or dropped inputs. Since about 2 weeks ago I've noticed much of my usual game style was suddenly allowing me to take a combo to the face when I should have had a guaranteed parry. Today I died in war on an easy node when I was just simply blocking - was facing a killmonger, didn't think I would have the distance to evade his second special, so I just blocked to take the damage - only this time I was taking the entire thing full on and dead because of it.

I've noticed the parry dropped in every aspect of the game, from arena to quest to war. I'll get the first when the fight starts, but every time after that when it should connect I'm getting nothing, they just keep coming.
  • JbwildeJbwilde Posts: 55
    So today is the first time I’ve really played since update yesterday. But I did quite a bit of arena this morning and noticed my phone got really warm. Not quite to the extent some people were having last year around this time but still warmer than I’d like. I’m on an iPhone 8 anyone else having this happen?
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    edited August 2019
    In-Game Name: tigerchang92
    Device and Model: IPhone 6S
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.4
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game version installed: 24.1
    Game mode: all (untested in AW and AQ)
    Game issue: perpetual loading screen when quitting out of a fight. My record is waiting for 4 minutes before quitting. Have to restart the game to get back to the menus.
  • pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    Hi,

Is anyone experiencing overheating on the latest iPhone XS after the last update?

This is Apple's state of the art mobile and I have not changed anything in the last few days but have been noticing while playing MCOC that the device is getting super hot. Please let me know as I'm worried with this and how it can affect my device.

Cheers,

Pedro
This discussion has been closed.