**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Perhaps Quake should be slightly nerfed?

Hey all,
So I've been thinking about Quake and before I upset people, I want to say that Quake is awesome. She's an amazing character, and I love the unique mechanic of charging a heavy to build aftershock charges. Very cool.

However, I think that some champs should be immune and here's why:
When you charge a heavy with Quake, the ground shakes right? This causes minor damage on your opponent, and aftershock charges to build. But if your opponent is not touching the ground, why do they care if the ground is shaking?

The specials and actually throwing the heavy are different, the ground explodes upwards and makes contact with the opponent, but when no contact is made (charging a heavy against a flying opponent) why is damage being done?

From what I can tell the following champs never touch the ground (unless stunned):
Archangel
Dr Strange
Dr Voodoo
Ebony Maw
Mysterio
Phoenix
Rogue

Similarly the following champs fly/hover instead of walk/stand however they tend to touch down in order to throw an attack or block:
Captain Marvel (movie)
Human Torch
Ironman IW

Finally Magneto, he flies instead of walking, and launches some attacks from the air, but he stands instead of hovering.

My suggestion is that the champs listed above be granted immunity to Quake's charge heavy apply aftershock mechanic while they are in the air. To me it makes far more sense, and will provide an effective counter to Quake.

What are your thoughts?

TL;DR an earthquake doesn't worry me if I'm not touching the earth.

Comments

• XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Dude....let people have their counters to fun and interactive things. These changes you propose would allow people to put those characters on psychic or regular thorns and have one less option of getting around it. Just why?
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    What the! Dude let people have their fun! So much insane defender right now. And + even tho so many people have quake not everyone can use her properly. She is the character that only some people can use her. Why would nerf an old champ when the new one keep coming with insane power?? Beside quake is weak against true strike and stun immune champ.i really cant belive this
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Anyways, Quake is already mostly balanced due to the skill cap, and since she usually takes longer to take anything down
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Quake's ability isnt to "make the ground shake," it's that she can launch seismic waves and vibrations along with manipulating the molecular movement in structures. This includes the opponent. Even if they're off the ground, she can still target them (which she does) and manipulate them to quake.

I'll use the show as an example, even if the game supposedly doesnt follow the other media, it's still the same general rule. On multiple occasions she's shot waves to send enemies flying. On other occasions, she's created actual quakes throughout the entire setting, like when Fitz had been removing the implant Kasius put on her. She Quaked the entire place. And this was when she was having interference with her powers AND being in too much pain to control them.

In other words, Absolute Zero isn't a thing, and Quake uses that to her advantage.

An agents of shield fan!!
  • Yrrah01Yrrah01 Posts: 6

Quake's ability isnt to "make the ground shake," it's that she can launch seismic waves and vibrations along with manipulating the molecular movement in structures. This includes the opponent. Even if they're off the ground, she can still target them (which she does) and manipulate them to quake.

I'll use the show as an example, even if the game supposedly doesnt follow the other media, it's still the same general rule. On multiple occasions she's shot waves to send enemies flying. On other occasions, she's created actual quakes throughout the entire setting, like when Fitz had been removing the implant Kasius put on her. She Quaked the entire place. And this was when she was having interference with her powers AND being in too much pain to control them.

In other words, Absolute Zero isn't a thing, and Quake uses that to her advantage.

Ahhhh I wasn't aware of this. In that case her abilities make more sense. I still think there should be a way around the ability.

Responding to everyone else, I expected this post to be unpopular. But in my opinion, in order for a game to be balanced, every ability should have an effective counter. I don't think having a high skill cap counts, because the ability itself is not counterable.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    The counter to quake is true strike and coldsnap.

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Quake is enough of a skill based champ to need a nerf. Most people can only play her stunnable play style I would say obviously end game players have probably figured stunless out, but most everyone else who hasn’t trained with her haven’t.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Yrrah01 said:

Ahhhh I wasn't aware of this. In that case her abilities make more sense. I still think there should be a way around the ability.

Responding to everyone else, I expected this post to be unpopular. But in my opinion, in order for a game to be balanced, every ability should have an effective counter. I don't think having a high skill cap counts, because the ability itself is not counterable.
    Plenty of counters-
    1. Dodge specials which are easy to do.
    2. Use a true strike champion.
    3. Use a AAR champion.

She's not that hard to counter.