**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

@TheRealApoc once again, Kabam makes thousands off whales who spend every day. And how is it on us that we don’t want to spend? Some people have better places to put their money than this game. I would rather pick up a Netflix subscription for 10 dollars.

The free to play model is: free players get to play the game for free, paying players get an advantage in the game for paying. If you don't think you're getting good value by playing the game for free, you're supposed to either pay for more value, or find a different free to play game that you feel actually provides better value.

It is entirely your choice whether to spend or not. The game doesn't want to force you to spend, nor can it force you to spend. It only wants two different types of players. Players that are fine playing the game for free and grinding out rewards, and players that are fine with paying for perks. If you aren't one of those two kinds of people, you're not the target audience for the game. That's just reality: the game can't target everyone.

If you have better places to spend your money, you should. For that matter, if you have better places to spend your time, you should. There's nothing wrong with that, but it is still your choice. Most of my friends don't play this game: they have better places to spend their time. I, on the other hand, would prefer to spend my time on this game than whatever they are doing with their free time much of the time. Neither of us is wrong, and none of the things we do are wrong for not being able to capture all of our collective time.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Mlee1829 said:

Wait...if we can have this in the game but you get rid of those horrible pop up offers I'll take it. Plz delete those

Now there's a solid gold idea.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    gsil6374 said:

Question:

So getting 300 units once a month or 300 once a week for 1,200 units a month? Just to clarify

75 a week, 300 a month
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Kabam should have given a few of these to everyone and had the Sigil just be an added benefit. That would make people feel much better about this.

- A 20% Experience Boost! - Sigil only
    - A Weekly Golden Circle Quest! - Open to everyone. Sigil gets 20% Gold boost
    - Faster Quest Energy Recharge! - Sigil only
    - The new exclusive Title, Summoner Supreme! - Sigil only
    - A Special Solo Event based on your Campaign Progression Level! - Sigil only
    - Access to the Black ISO Market! - Sigil only
    - A 25% Increase to their Inventory Capacity!Open to everyone. Sigil gets 50% increase

We can quibble over the gold quest but if the Sigil had an early access preview and someone suggested this in it, I would have probably said the devs should strongly consider something like this for the roll out.

I actually would have added something: I would have rolled out an increase to the energy cap for everyone from 70 to 75 (with some kind of scale up for lower levels) and a further increase from 75 to 80 for those with the Sigil. Because in actual fact for normal human beings that sleep about eight hours a day, the faster energy recharge doesn't amount to the theoretical 1440 per month. In fact, if my mental arithmetic is correct, the energy cap might actually cut that in half, not the third you might intuitively expect.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Remeli said:

The offer isnt worth it. The problem is it creates a precedent.

Theres already an exclusive gold quest in it. Whats stopping them from adding a quest like gwenpool goes to movie only available to Sigil ppl. Or even an exclusive Sigil arena? Etc.

Slippery slope. Kill the idea before it gets in the game coz it wont get better.

Meanwhile, I think both of those are an excellent idea. Use that slippery slope, and give me more for my subscription. This deal is already “good” for $10 a month. I’d gladly take more.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★

Kabam should have given a few of these to everyone and had the Sigil just be an added benefit. That would make people feel much better about this.

- A 20% Experience Boost! - Sigil only
    - A Weekly Golden Circle Quest! - Open to everyone. Sigil gets 20% Gold boost
    - Faster Quest Energy Recharge! - Sigil only
    - The new exclusive Title, Summoner Supreme! - Sigil only
    - A Special Solo Event based on your Campaign Progression Level! - Sigil only
    - Access to the Black ISO Market! - Sigil only
    - A 25% Increase to their Inventory Capacity!Open to everyone. Sigil gets 50% increase

This is a really good take, would make everyone a lot happier.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I'm really on the fence if this is something that's worth it for me. It is entirely something I can live without, but maybe the perks would be nice.

Because I feel it's take it or leave it, I'm not super angry about it. But I understand the arguments of this starting a precedent of hiding certain content behind a subscription wall. If it's just this and that's it, I'm not going to be too upset about it.

I'll see how the free trial we're all getting goes, but I think I'll continue just giving the $5 a month as long as they continue to re-up the units daily card (which is more than twice the units you get from Sigil I believe for half the price) and skip out on this. Though maybe that goes away to entice people to buy this.
  • KarlnakKarlnak Posts: 43
    cab55 said:

Two questions:

1- In the rewards you can get per week in the Summoner Sigil you mention "greater solo crystal shards" What's that?
    2- Don't understand the black mafia market, why to pay 11k 5* crystal shards for 1 5* crystal when you can buy it for 10k in the crystal section?

It's a featured 5 star crystal. This actually might be the most valuable part of the offer...
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Most of these "options" should be free and should've been implemented for quality of life purposes. I would have no problem paying $10 a month if the subscription gave you items and units instead of stuff that should be implemented in the game. This subscription service is not what a subscription service should be. Should be shards/items/units not ability to trade in your resources or a gold event where you have to use energy or even increasing inventory. I get they are trying to make money but they seem to be the best not capitalizing on revenue they should easily be receiving.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★

gsil6374 said:

Question:

So getting 300 units once a month or 300 once a week for 1,200 units a month? Just to clarify

75 a week, 300 a month
    Just use 30 of the 75 units for energy refreshes and you're all good!
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★

These benefits don't really seem like the kind of benefits that are worth paying ten bucks a month for. A one time purchase to increase storage space would be something that might be interesting though.

Just like those gifting badges huh?!
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★

Webby72 said:

So, what can free 2 play players do with this?

Nothing. That’s the point. To encourage spending.
    Webby72 said:

So, what can free 2 play players do with this?

Nothing. That’s the point. To encourage spending.
    They have to make money somehow to fund the game. Everything can’t be free.
    True, you know what I say I think everybody who is upset about this should just stop playing the game, delete it off your phone, that'll show them unless they're all free to play in that case they'll have no effect whatsoever lol.
  • crgoodw1ncrgoodw1n Posts: 125
    @G0311 That, unfortunately, seems to be the mentality behind decisions like this. I enjoy the camaraderie of the players here. I have met a lot of cool people through this game. Just stinks that it goes down like this.
  • KarlnakKarlnak Posts: 43

IKON said:

I know I'm in the minority of not having a gold problem, so I won't speak on that, however the rest of the items received seem pretty proportionate to what people can already spend on to pass you.

I'm genuinely confused at the anger.
    20% experience boost? Whatever
    Slightly faster energy? Whatever
    Title? Huuuuuge whatever
    Better but limited exchange rates? Good, equivalent could already be purchased.
    Inventory upgrades? Whatever
    Bonus items that could already be purchased? Good but doesn't change anything.

So the anger is all about the easy access to 500k gold a month?

I don't know anywhere else you can exchange 11k 5* shards for a 15k featured 5*...if I'm missing something, point me in the right direction.
    I think he means you can buy shards already through various offers. But yeah haven't ever seen that price from featureds.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Remeli said:

Vdh2008 said:

Remeli said:

The offer isnt worth it. The problem is it creates a precedent.

Theres already an exclusive gold quest in it. Whats stopping them from adding a quest like gwenpool goes to movie only available to Sigil ppl. Or even an exclusive Sigil arena? Etc.

Slippery slope. Kill the idea before it gets in the game coz it wont get better.

Meanwhile, I think both of those are an excellent idea. Use that slippery slope, and give me more for my subscription. This deal is already “good” for $10 a month. I’d gladly take more.
    You must have missed the part about “Introducing price” of 10$. That price is gonna raise, bet on it
    If they introduce a 5 star basic VIP arena I’ll pay $20 or more a month. Get on it Kabam.