**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Jman2182 said:

@Kabam Miike Why isn't this in the base game, why you gotta milk the whales instead of giving us this for free and then maybe add more bonuses to people with the sigil like double the gold or better deals.

And then you, or someone else will come along and say "why isnt this in the base game", it is a cycle, no one is ever pleased and will always want for free what kabam is trying to sell.
  • GuddyjrGuddyjr Posts: 6
    cab55 said:

Two questions:

1- In the rewards you can get per week in the Summoner Sigil you mention "greater solo crystal shards" What's that?
    2- Don't understand the black mafia market, why to pay 11k 5* crystal shards for 1 5* crystal when you can buy it for 10k in the crystal section?

11k for a 15k featured crystal
  • severedtrevorseveredtrevor Posts: 46
    I agree with IKON. Some of this criticism seems wayyy overblown. Someone said it’s a “cheat code for whales” ?? Gimme a break, lol

Sure, inventory increase has been requested for a long time. Would that be nice to get for free in an update? Absolutely. But it seems fair to me to enhance my mcoc experience at a reasonable price. So long as the price remains low and fair, I’m actually looking forward to this.
  • KarlnakKarlnak Posts: 43
    I think this would be a no brainer if they added, like, 1000 units to it paid out over the month or some additional 5* sig stones.

As it is now, I still may pick it up.

That being said I do think it's a bit underhanded of them to put some of this stuff behind a pay wall. Particularly the increased item cap which has needed an adjustment for a long time.

And I do think a lot of the needs this subscription is trying to hit on, especially gold, should have already been addressed via other rewards that desperately need an update. Things like the purple Quest crystals, War Victory Crystals, and even the essentially useless small chunks of iso you pick up on quest paths and from the in-quest treasure chests. It's ridiculous these haven't seen updates, especially in higher level game play.

I also foresee one downside for Kabam that they may not be thinking about. Sure, there are whales that will buy anything. And there are FTP players that will buy nothing. BUT there are also a huge group of players, myself included, who will spend on this game, but have limits to what they can/want to spend.

I think if I'm going to be spending $15 bucks a month or so on subscriptions like this one and the unit card, I will be less likely to pick up some of the one-off offers I might have otherwise purchased. Just a thought.

• Petusko2811Petusko2811 Posts: 36
    Vdh2008 said:

Lot's of people not looking at the big picture here... They have ALWAYS had $$$ offers that allowed spenders to advance faster in game. This is an OFFER like all the rest. Buy it if you like, ignore it if you don't.

To me, the value is too good to pass up at that "introductory" price. I will be subscribing on day 1. If the price goes up and they don't add value, I won't come here and complain, I just won't buy it again. This is not hard stuff.

This is perfect truthfull opinion :)
  • D14rockD14rock Posts: 31
    Xygon said:

Well, "reading the room" in my alliance chat is that a portion of f2p players will leave over this. A few will try it out reluctantly, and a few are all in. Overall, from a business perspective you lose accounts that cost you money and don't bring you revenue, and you may or may not break even on the rest.

How exactly does f2p players leaving cost Kabam money?
  • Wrath_and_HavocWrath_and_Havoc Posts: 61
    I’m personally against this scale of incentivizing spending. It’s a bit galling to see that someone who shells out monthly can rocket even further ahead of a FTP summoner than they already do. Not much more can be said other than “pay $10+/mo, and you’ll progress infinitely faster than 90% of summoners!”

In one sense it’s fine, since it doesn’t give them champions that are stronger than any others, or bigger boosts than the ones that are available from time to time. Just more of the things that are available to us. I just disagree with just how much is made available.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Kobster84 said:

Vdh2008 said:

Lot's of people not looking at the big picture here... They have ALWAYS had $$$ offers that allowed spenders to advance faster in game. This is an OFFER like all the rest. Buy it if you like, ignore it if you don't.

To me, the value is too good to pass up at that "introductory" price. I will be subscribing on day 1. If the price goes up and they don't add value, I won't come here and complain, I just won't buy it again. This is not hard stuff.

The perfect truthful opinion is that many of these bonuses are things that should have been added for free instead of being paywalled such as gold realm or storage increase
    The only thing that can be legitimately called a paywall is the inventory cap increase. Every other benefit are things you can either directly or indirectly buy now, just with more money. Offering the thing at a lower cost than currently exists is stretching the definition of paywall to the point it no longer has meaning. If you call the VIP stuff (besides the inventory cap increase) a paywall, then I'm perfectly fine with paywalls and I think paywalls are good for the game, but then I need to invent a word that means what paywall used to mean, because that thing would now be bad.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    D14rock said:

Xygon said:

Well, "reading the room" in my alliance chat is that a portion of f2p players will leave over this. A few will try it out reluctantly, and a few are all in. Overall, from a business perspective you lose accounts that cost you money and don't bring you revenue, and you may or may not break even on the rest.

How exactly does f2p players leaving cost Kabam money?
    Well, they don't want any Players to leave I would imagine. However, I agree with your logic. I can go to a Mall and refuse to buy the Sales, and walk out. That won't entice the Mall to give me what they're selling for free.
  • Anderson1934Anderson1934 Posts: 12
    Hi this is for kabam Mike I don't be here only for news but I got say all my 4years of playing I really think this is the wrong direction and bad for the community this a bad way of going by thing's but you guy's have been doing great things!but this is not the way this community is being ripped apart we already have aggressive players to now and mostly coming from people who doing YouTube or watching someone channel I really miss the old day's????where the community was so friendly but this new thing kabam is doing is breaking the friendship between player's and kabam?
  • They've always put items, shards, deals etc behind money. Obviously this is nothing new and surprising. But putting game features behind a pay wall sets a bad precedent. It's not a healthy direction to go in for the community as a whole.

A lot of what they're offering with the Summoners Sigil sounds and feels a lot like something that they would release during a Monthly event. Except it's monthly event content you have to pay for. This would have been great additonal content instead of the lackluster side quests we've been having recently.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

Vdh2008 said:

The perfect truthful opinion is that many of these bonuses are things that should have been added for free instead of being paywalled such as gold realm or storage increase
    The only thing that can be legitimately called a paywall is the inventory cap increase. Every other benefit are things you can either directly or indirectly buy now, just with more money. Offering the thing at a lower cost than currently exists is stretching the definition of paywall to the point it no longer has meaning. If you call the VIP stuff (besides the inventory cap increase) a paywall, then I'm perfectly fine with paywalls and I think paywalls are good for the game, but then I need to invent a word that means what paywall used to mean, because that thing would now be bad.
    I think I’d mostly agree with this, however I’d also consider the cheap 5* featured crystal as something that shouldn’t be in the VIP package. I don’t think that people who pay should get in game crystals for cheaper. I can understand the crystal shard trade in, but cheaper 5* crystals... That doesn’t sit well with me.

Edit: I also think that the black ISO market is something that should be available to every summoner and this sigil should have given better deals there not completely bar someone from it purely because they aren’t willing to buy the VIP pass.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

Vdh2008 said:

I think I’d mostly agree with this, however I’d also consider the cheap 5* featured crystal as something that shouldn’t be in the VIP package. I don’t think that people who pay should get in game crystals for cheaper. I can understand the crystal shard trade in, but cheaper 5* crystals... That doesn’t sit well with me.
    They do it all the time. If you buy Shards, you're essentially getting Crystals easier than others.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

Vdh2008 said:

They do it all the time. If you buy Shards, you're essentially getting Crystals easier than others.
    Well, yes and no. Currently the purchasing price has always been the same. So when you buy shards its with the intent to pay the purchasing price. Now you can essentially pay to lower the purchasing price which is, in my opinion, a completely different thing.