**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wrath_and_HavocWrath_and_Havoc Posts: 61
    Beyond00_ said:

Carry on like this and i won't be playing

Thing is, kabam won’t miss you.

I don’t say it to be mean, I just mean that that is a very “never shopping at this store again” mindset that doesn’t affect them in the slightest. Doesn’t accomplish much sadly.

I take issue with the spirit in which this content was introduced, as its fairly ham-fisted and abrasive to f2p people, but it is at least harmless walletwarrior fare as opposed to making it impossible to compete.

Maybe we’re communicating what we want from Kabam in a way that isn’t encouraging them NOT to monetize each individual aspect of the game from energy to featured 5*s. Thoughts?
  • CrainOnTheBrainCrainOnTheBrain Posts: 82
    Have it cost units to buy the battle pass. And have challenges under the objectives page that actually have like, ya know, actually helpful stuff. Revives, high level health potions, crystals, units. Half decent compensation for TEN DOLLARS MONTHLY
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Subscription maybe not for all but being a cavalier and buying 5* feature at 11k instead of 15k sounds nice
  • ChewybuccaChewybucca Posts: 95
    Look on the bright side , the more people who subscribe the safer the games future is for the ones who don’t spend. Win win
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Onmix said:

Up until now f2p have been able to catch up to those who spends by putting enough time in.
    Now they are widening the gap even more.

Don’t like it. One bit.

Spend then lol, it’s your choice.

£10 a month is hardly amything. Save 50p a day.

FTP cannot moan, as it’s your decisions not to spend
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

So, what can free 2 play players do with this?

Pay for it? Like anyone else.

Don’t be a FTP player, and moan when something costs money; you can easily spend if you want to.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    To be honest, I don't have a big problem with the current inventory limit. What annoys me the most is that, specifically for the ISO section, that i do not have the ability to sell my ISO straight from the overflow. For example, I am saving t5 cosmic ISO to rank up a cosmic champ. In order to sell away any other ISO that is going to expire in order to not let it go to waste , I have to first sell away the t5 cosmic ISO I've been saving up, claim the everyone expiring ISO, THEN sell the ISO, which is just plain stupid.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Maybe we’re communicating what we want from Kabam in a way that isn’t encouraging them NOT to monetize each individual aspect of the game from energy to featured 5*s. Thoughts?

If you want a serious reply, the answer is the playerbase is, in fact, encouraging them to monetize all aspects of the game. But that's not a bad thing either: I don't think it is a good idea to get into the weeds of deciding what parts of a game to monetize and which ones should be monetization-free. The more important question is the how of monetization, not the what. Keep in mind that everything in the VIP subscription besides inventory space is already part of a heavily monetized system.

A lot of people play this game completely for free. Most, in fact, play this game completely for free: that's the reality of free to play gaming. If you want to lower the amount of monetization in the game, you are in essence saying you want to force more free players to pay - because if the people paying now pay less, someone else has to pay more. That includes the people currently paying zero.

Maybe you're fine with having more people pay, but the free to play model relies in part on attracting lots of free players, from which some small percentage become paying customers. In effect, the free players are like the "foot traffic" in a shopping mall. The more people walking around, the more likely one of them will step into a store and buy something. So stores like to be where lots of people are milling around.

Instead of having everyone pay the same amount, the free to play model allows most players to pay nothing, but some players end up paying a lot more. Is it better than the pure subscription model where everyone pays the same amount and everyone gets the same game? The answer is: look at the size of playerbases for the two types of games. F2P as a whole decimates pure subscription.

How do you communicate to a game developer that they shouldn't use this model when it works? How do you communicate to a game developer that they should monetize less, and shift the balance of free and paying customers in a way that will generate less foot traffic? How do you convince them to do what we all claim we want them to do, but then turn around and spend our time and money on the games that do the exact opposite?

I don't think you can.
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    The majority of these bonuses should be free enhancements that are implemented due to the games natural progression.
  • Sieger7999Sieger7999 Posts: 48
    I will most likely subscribe to this but I do think the inventory increase shouldn’t be behind a paywall, the other stuff I can live with but think that the inventory increase is a bit rude to hide behind a paywall
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Real talk, yall - it makes a ton of sense to do 30 days on, 30 days off. Get your featured 5-stars at a discount and save up during slow months.
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    I don’t like the idea of this subscription ****, but I guess Kabam is in desperate need of money. I won’t ever join but I hope a lot of other do so then maybe, just maybe they’ll have the money to fix the Help4 button.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 382 ★★
    It seems a good one, I'll try this deal for sure! Keep up good game and we'll spend more. It'll help to save time to progress in game.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000
    U couldn’t put it in a more clear way mate.
    Hope the game developers distinguish and give the appropriate weight to serious posts like this.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Onmix said:

Up until now f2p have been able to catch up to those who spends by putting enough time in.
    Now they are widening the gap even more.

Don’t like it. One bit.

Spend then lol, it’s your choice.

£10 a month is hardly amything. Save 50p a day.

FTP cannot moan, as it’s your decisions not to spend
    The main problem isn't that we are unwilling to pay, it's because kabam wants us to pay for features that should actually be included for free to keep the game healthy and attractive to everyone. They should include most of the stuff offered like increased inventory and golden circle quests for free, and then for subscribers include stuff worth subscribing for, like reducing AQ timer from 6 to 4-5 mins and perhaps unlimited the inventory. I'm sure lots of people would subscribe for those.
    I'm sure lots of people would want more Gold, but they still wouldn't manage it properly. People think Gold is an issue, but it's readily available in the game, and easily farmed. The problem is people want to spend it beyond the limitations of the design, and Rank 5*s and 6*s as fast as they Ranked 4*s. Unfortunately, they're meant to take time to Rank. The largest argument is for Gold because people have ample access to everything else. However, you will always have Bottleneck Resources. Add more Gold, and it changes to something else. Further to that, more Gold won't help people look at how they're spending it faster than they're investing into making it. Simply put, if you spend more, it will take more time to replenish. People don't want to wait. They want an easy solution you can get from a few Paths in a Quest. Very little blame on the system can be made in that case.

Well, well, well. What a fist in the face = KABAM! Nothing good will come of this and it will simply drive many players away all for a quick buck. The next idea will be to demand some sort of payment to log in. Ridiculous

This is such a strange statement I literally do not know if it is serious or not. The idea to demand payment to log in is the *first* idea in online gaming, i.e. subscription based online games. Which were the norm until the free to play model came along to displace it. But such games still exist. It is unlikely that MCOC becomes one, but it isn't a ridiculous idea. The idea that you could give the game away for free and still be a viable business was the ridiculous idea, until it proved to be wildly successful in practice.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    None of that stuff was ever broke. So you aren't fixing anything. Kabam isnt the first game to offer a subscription service either. 25% inventory increase really isn't that much anyway. They arent game breaking additions.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    Summoner Sigil = doo doo

How to piss off the community 101

I'm sure they pissed off a few dozen more players than that.