**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Pathetic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

gsil6374 said:

Question:

So getting 300 units once a month or 300 once a week for 1,200 units a month? Just to clarify

It is a 7 Day Solo Event that contains 75 Units in Rewards. There are 4 of those every month, so it's 300 units monthly.
    Let me get this straight. Instead of buying an SL bundle and getting 275 units, I can spend the same money on this program, get 300 units and even more stuff?
    Yep.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

gsil6374 said:

Question:

So getting 300 units once a month or 300 once a week for 1,200 units a month? Just to clarify

It is a 7 Day Solo Event that contains 75 Units in Rewards. There are 4 of those every month, so it's 300 units monthly.
    Let me get this straight. Instead of buying an SL bundle and getting 275 units, I can spend the same money on this program, get 300 units and even more stuff?
    We don't know what the requirements are to get the milestones for the event, but assuming you are active enough, basically yes. The rewards are also different for different progress titles (i.e. Uncollected) but the units you can earn seem to be the same regardless of progress.

Low activity players might not get the same return, depending on how the milestones are structured.
  • Phits007Phits007 Posts: 3
    Webby72 said:

For anyone who feels that the outrage response is unnecessary, please do consider that this is essentially barring f2p players from competing at high levels by offering more items, energy, cheaper items etc. To paying players. I’m not going to purchase this out of principle not because I don’t spend on this game, because I do spend. Just consider that this is highly unfair to f2p players. Bonus energy, or cheaper items alone would be more palatable imo

Unfair to F2P? They are playing for free off the $$ that the others in the community spend. How NM long would this game last without spending?

Next step to get money out of us:

Changing those class and rarity gates from 6.2 into $$$ gates in 6.3 and 6.4!

2 of 10 paths for free and the rest $$$🤣

I don't at all get the logic in this argument. The package isn't a requirement for anything. It's not necessary to play the game, not necessary for any piece of particular content in the game, just an additive for bonuses. People don't have to purchase it, yet the argument is being made that they're somehow making it a requirement to spend.
    It's an Offer, like any other Offer. You don't want it? Don't buy it. Can't afford it or don't have the funds? No shame there. Choose not to spend? Up to you. It's not some kind of ominous foreboding of the future, or beginning of the downfall of the game. It's just an Offer. The game sells things from time to time. That's what keeps it going in the capacity it is.
  • Phits007Phits007 Posts: 3
    Kobster84 said:

I think the problem this summoner sigil presents is the precedent for the future
    Will the 5* basic arena when it comes be gated to subscription members
    Will there be an exclusive t5b daily quest for subscribers
    Just feel that a lot of content in the future will become paywalled like at the end of the day a bit of storage and gold while kabam should have made it free won’t be the end of the world but this subscription service will probably get worse as time goes on

There should be some benefit for players willing to spend $$$

Nothing prevents F2P players from playing and enjoying the game. Progress isn't hampered. So what if you don't clear content as quickly as another player (who happens to spend $$)?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Phits007 said:

Kobster84 said:

I think the problem this summoner sigil presents is the precedent for the future
    Just feel that a lot of content in the future will become paywalled like at the end of the day a bit of storage and gold while kabam should have made it free won’t be the end of the world but this subscription service will probably get worse as time goes on

There should be some benefit for players willing to spend $$$

Nothing prevents F2P players from playing and enjoying the game. Progress isn't hampered. So what if you don't clear content as quickly as another player (who happens to spend $$)?
    There already is so much benefits to spending kabam keeps adding more and more and making it harder for f2p players
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Kobster84 said:

If you think the developers are going to do that, why do you think the Sigil program changes anything. If they want to paywall something, they could simply pay wall it directly. Charge admission for the content. If you think they are willing to turn the game into pay to play, and at the ridiculously cheap amount of the Sigil cost, why don't you think in the absence of the Sigil they wouldn't have done it anyway, and charged even more for it ala carte?

The subscription isn't even a real subscription. It is a monthly package that they describe as a subscription. They aren't even using the in-app subscription features of the app stores to enroll players into it. Since it is just a package they are selling over and over again, the actual mechanics of the system don't enable the devs to do something they otherwise couldn't. They could literally at any time add a T5B event and charge for entry. If Kabam really is just a greedy company out to make as money as possible, they would do that with or without the Sigil program in place.

So what's the difference.
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    DNA3000 said:

xxgonzoxx said:

I just wanna throw this out there. All the f2p players are complaining just don't get it. Why companies even offer f2p.......

It's not to graciously allow you to play an awesome game.....but you do get that benefit

They allow you to play for free so people can pay to have an advantage over you! You are here for us to fight. You are here to create the enviroment needed to get people competitive and want to pay to win.

The game owes you nothing. Of course kabam doesn't care about people who pay nothing. To them you are nothing but a part of the game they didn't have to program. Really you are either a f2p player or likely spend more than 10 dollars a month anyways. So don't think your f2p cries "your don't listen to the community" mean anything. Don't worry kabam the people who don't mind spending a bit for the value think this deal is pretty good.

That's a bit harsh. There's a little bit of "they are here for the paying customers to have someone to beat" but that's not really the main thing. F2P games are more like theaters. Of course, everyone pays to see a movie in a theater, but from the theater operator's perspective almost all the ticket revenue (at least early on: I'm simplifying here) goes to the movie distributors. For the theater owner, all those people are seeing the movie "for free" as in they don't really get paid for it. The theater really makes their money on concessions: overpriced popcorn and soda. Without that overpriced soda and popcorn, theaters would basically all fold.

A lot of people go to a theater to see a movie for the actual theater atmosphere. Otherwise they could just see it on Netflix or something, and skip the overpriced popcorn and soda. So in a sense, the people seeing the movie and not buying the overpriced popcorn and soda are part of the attraction for the other people: it is a social experience.

It isn't a perfect analogy because lots of people would be happy to see a movie in an empty theater, but the point is that the free to play players help make the game seem more interesting to play, because they help fill and expand the game. It isn't just about beating them, it is about the feeling that you're playing a game lots of other people think is valuable enough to spend time on. Free to play players are very important to an F2P game because they make the game more attractive to play, and because they are the prospective future customers of the game. You have to actually play the game to eventually be a customer of the game.

A free to play game that is not attractive to free players very quickly becomes a dead game.
    I was a bit harsh but to be be fair the complaining is rediculous. You have fair points. My point is that if people want the benefits they should make that leap to customer. They should not expect to be catered to or feel entitled to certain benefits because they are part of the community. They should feel lucky they are able to be part of the community for free at all. The game is awesome. The value is still low enough to make f2p viable.

Summoners sigil has good value comapred to other offerings but is still within reason and should be affordable for the majority of people.

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    P
    DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

If you think the developers are going to do that, why do you think the Sigil program changes anything. If they want to paywall something, they could simply pay wall it directly. Charge admission for the content. If you think they are willing to turn the game into pay to play, and at the ridiculously cheap amount of the Sigil cost, why don't you think in the absence of the Sigil they wouldn't have done it anyway, and charged even more for it ala carte?

The subscription isn't even a real subscription. It is a monthly package that they describe as a subscription. They aren't even using the in-app subscription features of the app stores to enroll players into it. Since it is just a package they are selling over and over again, the actual mechanics of the system don't enable the devs to do something they otherwise couldn't. They could literally at any time add a T5B event and charge for entry. If Kabam really is just a greedy company out to make as money as possible, they would do that with or without the Sigil program in place.

They did just directly paywall things such as the new solo quest and golden circle quest and idk but spending 120 quid on a mobile game a year isn’t cheap
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

Hey @Kabam Miike incase you missed the other 100 posts:

So everything we have been asking for or things that should have already been implemented (I.e. more energy, regular gold quests, increased inventory, reduced price for the new junk featured crystals for cavalier people, trading up items for other useful things, etc.) you finally are implementing this, BUT ONLY IF WE PAY?

This is probably the single worst thing to happen to this game.

People who do not think so, understand this is just the start. Soon, every natural progression of the game update we need, will be behind a pay wall.

Bravo!!! You have reached a new low, thanks for dooming the game.

Edit: I guess when we finally do get that summoner level increase we will have to pay for that as well

The game is going to end one day, no matter what anyone does. All things end. The game is doomed no matter what.

All this dramatics boils down to one thing: Either a person pays or they don't pay.

It's a choice. Everything else is just dramatic claims of unfairness when in reality, this game has NEVER been fair, and I have been here since Week 1 so I have seen it all
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

P

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

They did just directly paywall things such as the new solo quest and golden circle quest and idk but spending 120 quid on a mobile game a year isn’t cheap
    There are no pay quests. I guess you could technically consider the gold one a quest but it's one fight for no energy. If they just have subscribers gold based on progress level would that make you feel better? The solo events are just that, milestone events that go along with the normal events like the level up and combat events.

Webby72 said:

So, what can free 2 play players do with this?

Nothing. That’s the point. To encourage spending.
    Webby72 said:

So, what can free 2 play players do with this?

Nothing. That’s the point. To encourage spending.
    They have to make money somehow to fund the game. Everything can’t be free.
    Haha you think that 10 bucks a month will help? Lol
    $10 a month, probably not much. $10 x X amount of Subscribers, quite a bit. If I had to venture a guess, this would most likely be the result of seeing the response to other Subscriptions like Units. These Offers tend to be successful.
    Don’t start. We all know Kabam already makes millions of bucks a month. Putting this behind a paywall was unnecessary, just greedy.
    So because they make Millions, that means they should stop selling Offers? Bit of a backwards logic there.
    iAmMe84 said:

Bwahahahaha nice try you bunch of tits! Zero interest from me. I’ve got Netflix and satellite tv to pay for, not to mention general bills and food..... think I’ll just start scaling back on this dodgy game altogether. There’s a whole wonderful REAL WORLD outside guys! And you can see at least some of it for no subscription fee ya know? Put your phone/tablet down and take a look around it’s f**kin great out there!

Exactly -- this guy gets it. It's a choice.

You don't have to do anything in life. Play the game, don't play the game, whatever
  • Macgregor_7Macgregor_7 Posts: 3
    For people saying this will create a gap....no, the gap was already there. It was more prominent with this last war. Wars are for people willing to pay in high tiers. This simply enhances that gap, and capitalizes on the kabam greed. Its not the *huge* amount of resources (though there are some valuable perks, and kabam knows that. ) it's the bottom line that kabam is taking greed to a new level. Gross, kabam. This is shady and underhanded, over all done in poor taste, and this turns me off of the game. Kills the fun.

All the theatrics about this are ridiculous. The only thing I could see anyone legitimately upset about is the inventory increases as I would also prefer a tiered setup where there is a general inventory upgrade for everyone and subs getting a significantly larger increase. Even that though is anything but game breaking, they're all perks that are decent value for spenders but don't actually give anyone anything near a game breaking advantage like some of you are claiming

Exactly -- the game is already broken because of RNG separation and character imbalance. One guy gets Aegon, the other guy gets Groot. Another guy gets Namor, another guy gets Hulkbuster.

That is the gap in the game. People can expand the gap by throwing money at it, and some can close it with skill and grinding, but the gap is the RNG separation and character imbalance and always has been
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    The ability to buy crystals and rank up resource offers create a much larger gap for spenders than anything offered in this. The whole slippery slope argument is just as silly here as those of you using it about the gate restrictions in act 6. You're upset about something theoretical that you have zero evidence will ever exist. You're just taking one thing and going full hyperbole with it.
  • Ordus34Ordus34 Posts: 2
    In the end those who have skills are defeated by those who have money :(
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Hey @Kabam Miike incase you missed the other 100 posts:

So everything we have been asking for or things that should have already been implemented (I.e. more energy, regular gold quests, increased inventory, reduced price for the new junk featured crystals for cavalier people, trading up items for other useful things, etc.) you finally are implementing this, BUT ONLY IF WE PAY?

This is probably the single worst thing to happen to this game.

People who do not think so, understand this is just the start. Soon, every natural progression of the game update we need, will be behind a pay wall.

Bravo!!! You have reached a new low, thanks for dooming the game.

Edit: I guess when we finally do get that summoner level increase we will have to pay for that as well

12.0 was the single worst thing to happen to the game. This isn't anything.
  • A subscription service is fine, but there needs to be offers that are enticing to all players even if it is tier based. The inventory space shouldn't be apart of that unless it was something unlimited. Make the energy costs half the time rather than subtracting a minute. Things like that in which sure, it could help people level up and progress quicker, but to me it would seem worth it. This just isn't enticing in my opinion.