**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• newwavedavenewwavedave Posts: 9
    edited July 2019
    No wonder they wanted all the horders to use up all there stuff. Now they will be able to trade thier crappy stuff for better stuff. I agree this is in bad taste and a total cash grab by Kabam. Also, I love that one of the features is advancing faster... I’ve been at level 60 for YEARS now. Gee, thanks.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

The ability to buy crystals and rank up resource offers create a much larger gap for spenders than anything offered in this. The whole slippery slope argument is just as silly here as those of you using it about the gate restrictions in act 6. You're upset about something theoretical that you have zero evidence will ever exist. You're just taking one thing and going full hyperbole with it.

All the reward perks and discounts are rate-limited, so the whales aren't just replicating what's in the VIP package, they are blowing past it completely.

Several months ago someone started a thread making the assertion that Kabam only cares about the free to play players and the whales, and everyone in between Kabam didn't care about at all. The Sigil is an in-between offer. Whales will buy it (since they can buy everything) but they won't benefit from it proportionately as much as mid-range spenders.

So of course when a high value mid-range offer comes out, and not only that but in a sense a repeating permanently available high value mid-range offer, Kabam is accused of being greedy, tone deaf, and shady.

I don't know what the devs would make of that, but I know what I would.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    ah yes, more proof that Kabam is doing this all for the money
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

So any offer they give proves it is all for the money?
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Looks interesting. Will buy it the first time. Tho i dont see what all the fuss is about lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Looks interesting. Will buy it the first time. Tho i dont see what all the fuss is about lol

I agree. It's not bad. If anything, I'll get more Units in the month. Any chance to save the time. Lol.

Lormif said:

So any offer they give proves it is all for the money?
    No, just the ones that are basically rip-offs, which are almost all of them, including this one.
    How is this one a rip off? For $10 you get more than $10 worth of units. That right there makes up for it. In addition you can get a new quest that gives 125 gold, for cav players, increased energy, lots of extra pots, access to the black market with massively reduced costs (limited supply refresh timer), increased storage. If you think this is a rip-off offer then every offer in the game is probably a rip-off to you.
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    It also won't stop here, right now it's only $10 but before long the price and rewards will increase significantly more, this further widening the gap between PTW and FTP. They will inevitably lose a major portion of there members. SMH
    Slippery slope fallacy

It also won't stop here, right now it's only $10 but before long the price and rewards will increase significantly more, this further widening the gap between PTW and FTP. They will inevitably lose a major portion of there members. SMH

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I do find it amusing how many people dont realise that a 9 figure company is trying to make as much Return on their investment as they can. Sometimes think kabam has fostered a slightly too entitled a gaming community, the offer is meh,
    Won't make a difference to the whale divide, maybe you guys who think it will should watch the 150 5* opening video that was live on the weekend, not one new champ, I suspect he has every champ in the regular crystal, his goal which he achieved was to try and max sig cap marvel and Nick fury (which he did)
    Definitely agree that the Increased inventory space is tasteless as we haven't seen an increase in this since pre 5* times and rankups materials and potion needs per champ revive have increased exponentially since then
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

To be fair, the cost isn't terribly daunting. I can understand people not being able to spend because of whatever financial situation they have. If it's not spending on a matter of principle, can't really say much about that. I spend more than $10 a month on coffee.

I don't think it's the cost that is the issue. I think it's the precedent everyone is upset about
    What precedent? That people who spend have an advantage? Just like they already do in AQ, AW, arena, summoner advancement etc etc
    Lormif said:

Slippery slope fallacy

I beg to differ. It's only natural for a company to increase the prices and standards if there is sufficient income. yes my statement follow the SSA but do realize that not every SSA is a fallacy.

Lormif said:

Slippery slope fallacy

I beg to differ. It's only natural for a company to increase the prices and standards if there is sufficient income. yes my statement follow the SSA but do realize that not every SSA is a fallacy.
    That's pretty much open either way. They did indicate that prices are subject to change. With that comes the choice to pass, just like any Offer. None of these perks are necessities of game play. It's not a situation where people are obligated to purchase in order to play. They could very well increase them. People will either choose to buy them, or not. What doesn't make sense to me is why people are offended that they sell things.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Does not having this Sigil bar me from UC / Variant / A6 etc No.

Does it affect what I’m currently doing? No.

Should I be upset because someone who is willing to spend money gets more than me? No.

What’s the fuss? 🤦🏻‍♂️

It’s like seeing someone you know strike the lottery and expecting to get a share of it.

Lormif said:

Slippery slope fallacy

That's pretty much open either way. They did indicate that prices are subject to change. With that comes the choice to pass, just like any Offer. None of these perks are necessities of game play. It's not a situation where people are obligated to purchase in order to play. They could very well increase them. People will either choose to buy them, or not. What doesn't make sense to me is why people are offended that they sell things.
    I am not sure why ppl get offended either, but i think its more of the idea that there will be increases and as of rn there is not a huge gap, in the future there may be
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Slippery slope fallacy

I am not sure why ppl get offended either, but i think its more of the idea that there will be increases and as of rn there is not a huge gap, in the future there may be
    True.

Let’s say they go to the extreme and make the Sigil cost as much as an Odin.

For that you get 1 quest energy per minute, 10 5* featured crystals for 11k 5* shards a piece, daily gold realms, 3x inventory limit increase, 4000 units.

Will it affect the difference between the whales and F2P?

Webby72 said:

So, what can free 2 play players do with this?

Nothing. That’s the point. To encourage spending.
    Webby72 said:

So, what can free 2 play players do with this?

Nothing. That’s the point. To encourage spending.
    They have to make money somehow to fund the game. Everything can’t be free.
    Haha you think that 10 bucks a month will help? Lol
    $10 a month, probably not much. $10 x X amount of Subscribers, quite a bit. If I had to venture a guess, this would most likely be the result of seeing the response to other Subscriptions like Units. These Offers tend to be successful.
    Don’t start. We all know Kabam already makes millions of bucks a month. Putting this behind a paywall was unnecessary, just greedy.
    So because they make Millions, that means they should stop selling Offers? Bit of a backwards logic there.
    I don't recall saying that, or anyone else for that matter. Nice job making sh*t up as usual. I guess making up random stuff is all you can ever do to support your arguments huh?
    You said they make Millions, so they shouldn't charge for this. What about their Net Income stops them from releasing Offers? You think because they make money, they should just give people what they want, when they want it? No. Your response was cavalier, and I don't mean the Title.
    xNig said:

Lormif said:

Slippery slope fallacy

True.

For that you get 1 quest energy per minute, 10 5* featured crystals for 11k 5* shards a piece, daily gold realms, 3x inventory limit increase, 4000 units.

That's just it. There's a gap between F2P and Whales. That won't ever change. People that spend thousands and thousands of Dollars on the game will be much more advanced than people who don't spend. The sooner we accept that fact, the sooner we can stop pretending we're going to close that gap.
    xNig said:

Lormif said:

Slippery slope fallacy

True.

It's not the whales, whales are a different category than this. The whale and FTP gap will always be there. This is effectively creating a caste system, and adding levels will further solidify that (I take the word "introductory" to meaning adding levels)

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Slippery slope fallacy

True.

That's just it. There's a gap between F2P and Whales. That won't ever change. People that spend thousands and thousands of Dollars on the game will be much more advanced than people who don't spend. The sooner we accept that fact, the sooner we can stop pretending we're going to close that gap.
    I agree, I think the discussion of whales has no place here, I can technically afford this and I am far from a whale