**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

So, what can free 2 play players do with this?

Ignore it. That's what I'm going to do. The fact that this exists doesn't bother me and I'm FTP. Spending has always been a short cut... If it weren't, why would anyone spend? I do think the inventory increase is a bit of a shame as this has been needed for ages and now it seems less likely that we will get it. But whatever.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    edited July 2019

To be fair, the cost isn't terribly daunting. I can understand people not being able to spend because of whatever financial situation they have. If it's not spending on a matter of principle, can't really say much about that. I spend more than $10 a month on coffee.

I don't think it's the cost that is the issue. I think it's the precedent everyone is upset about
    Absolutely! It's not about the cost. It's about them putting a price on things that the community has been literally asking for, for years. Things that others said Kabam were correct not to integrate as they were a great startegy for their business model, to maintain balance.
    So because you have been asking for them means it has to be free? Most other games I know, you have to buy more space with game resources or money. Just because its been a popular topic for several of these things, doesnt mean they can't charge for them. Everyones been asking for free 5*'s since they came out and we have no problem paying for those.
    The "most other games I know" argument is pointless in this context because guess what, most other games I know automatically grow with progression without the need of a pay gate.
    The point here is that with this, Kabam are essentially (and finally) agreeing with those of us that were highlighting the fact that gold, inventory capacity, energy cost and summoner XP were falling behind in conjunction with the growth of the game. For some reason though, they feel necessary growth needs to be paid for. Growth that has come steadily with the game in the past without a price tag on it. Everybody agrees that these adv are not game breaking, meaning they are within balance and should honestly be part the game's natural growth.
    If we start paying for this, what's next? Pay gate on 7* champs? Pay gate on the next level of difficulty?
    I'm going to have to disagree with this. The only thing this confirms is that people were asking for it. If it was in fact viewed as necessary for the game overall, they wouldn't be charging for it.
    Charging for it doesn't prove that it's not necessary for the game overall. It proves that they can and will charge for whatever they want to.
    Ridiculous. They have not, and will not, charge for changes to "quality of life" (my God that term makes me uncomfortable to use in a game). If something is necessary for the Meta, they implement it. They do not charge for it. The Players themselves are the ones who deemed these things necessary for the game, because they want them.
    I wonder why we'd want an increase in inventory capacity or an address on summoner XP? You know, things that, in the past, were improved on naturally as the game grew.

Also, funny of you (specifically) to say that because you were one of many that deemed a limit on some these elements necessary to maintain balance. I could be wrong but I think you were one of few who said so. If you were, how come that logic isn't applicable anymore?
    Buttehrs said:

This game makes more than enough money that this subscription service is completely unnecessary

I don't think most businesses work this way...

Well I can tell you this, Kabam. This game isn't gear towards free playing... is gear towards cash... and new comers to the game will never see their poor little accounts grow...

Especially since it's never been easier to grow an account...
    I don't get the outrage. If they started releasing actual content that mattered behind a pay wall I'd join the protest. I won't be getting this offer, and the game will be unchanged for me. I'm not going to get outraged because others will spend on something that I won't and get a relatively small in game benefit for doing so. People that spend on Cavalier crystals and get lucky are already getting a large benefit I don't have. People that spend on other offers for T5 basic, etc., have more ranked champs. Getting outraged over what others are getting seems pointless to me.
    edited July 2019
    Akhilxcx said:

Buttehrs said:

This game makes more than enough money that this subscription service is completely unnecessary

I don't think most businesses work this way...
    no offence as player i don't have to care about how they do their business that's their problems. as a player i only want to see improvements in the game that benefits me so everyone who's saying they will run out of business if they will give freebies is complete bs.
    I never said they will "run out of business." I said businesses don't decide "you know what, we make enough money. This would make us more, but it isn't necessary." Of course the service isn't "necessary". That isn't a reason not to do it. I want to see improvements that benefit me too. That doesn't mean there can't be improvements that don't.

DNA3000 said:

For many, many months, F2P players have been saying how there is a gold drought, & we need weekly Gold Realms. What does Kabam do? Put the Gold Realms behind a pay wall. The rich get richer, & the F2P get nothing.

Also, saying "the rich get richer" in this context is completely ridiculous. You can only use so much gold. Anyone already rich on gold can't get "richer" except in terms of a meaningless number getting larger. Once you have enough gold that it ceases to be a bottleneck, no more than that is useful.
    Hahaha what?! You can only use so much gold? That's your argument? That's 100% incorrect. And even if it wasn't, the amount of gold that can be used in-game is literally incalculable. There is no cap on the gold that can be used. Seems like common knowledge to any frequent player...
    Of course there is a cap on the gold that can be used. If you have enough gold you can run out of rank up materials and have literally nothing to spend gold on. To use an extreme example, Cowhale couldn't spend all his gold in the game even if he wanted to.

DNA3000 said:

For many, many months, F2P players have been saying how there is a gold drought, & we need weekly Gold Realms. What does Kabam do? Put the Gold Realms behind a pay wall. The rich get richer, & the F2P get nothing.

Also, saying "the rich get richer" in this context is completely ridiculous. You can only use so much gold. Anyone already rich on gold can't get "richer" except in terms of a meaningless number getting larger. Once you have enough gold that it ceases to be a bottleneck, no more than that is useful.
    Hahaha what?! You can only use so much gold? That's your argument? That's 100% incorrect. And even if it wasn't, the amount of gold that can be used in-game is literally incalculable. There is no cap on the gold that can be used. Seems like common knowledge to any frequent player...
    Of course there is a cap on the gold that can be used. If you have enough gold you can run out of rank up materials and have literally nothing to spend gold on. To use an extreme example, Cowhale couldn't spend all his gold in the game even if he wanted to.
    If COWhale had enough Cats & ISO, I'm pretty sure he could use every last bit of his Gold.
    But there aren't enough Cats... That's the point. At over a billion gold he'd probably run out of champs even if he had the cats though lol
    Akhilxcx said:

I don't get the outrage. If they started releasing actual content that mattered behind a pay wall I'd join the protest. I won't be getting this offer, and the game will be unchanged for me. I'm not going to get outraged because others will spend on something that I won't and get a relatively small in game benefit for doing so. People that spend on Cavalier crystals and get lucky are already getting a large benefit I don't have. People that spend on other offers for T5 basic, etc., have more ranked champs. Getting outraged over what others are getting seems pointless to me.

i think the actual outrage is for the paywall that's now put up for the things that were long overdue like inventory capacity increase and gold quests.
    Sure. I find that a bit annoying. Doesn't feel outrage worthy
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Slippery slope fallacy

It also won't stop here, right now it's only $10 but before long the price and rewards will increase significantly more, this further widening the gap between PTW and FTP. They will inevitably lose a major portion of there members. SMH

I beg to differ. It's only natural for a company to increase the prices and standards if there is sufficient income. yes my statement follow the SSA but do realize that not every SSA is a fallacy.
    That's pretty much open either way. They did indicate that prices are subject to change. With that comes the choice to pass, just like any Offer. None of these perks are necessities of game play. It's not a situation where people are obligated to purchase in order to play. They could very well increase them. People will either choose to buy them, or not. What doesn't make sense to me is why people are offended that they sell things.
    I am not sure why ppl get offended either, but i think its more of the idea that there will be increases and as of rn there is not a huge gap, in the future there may be
    True.

Let’s say they go to the extreme and make the Sigil cost as much as an Odin.

For that you get 1 quest energy per minute, 10 5* featured crystals for 11k 5* shards a piece, daily gold realms, 3x inventory limit increase, 4000 units.

Will it affect the difference between the whales and F2P?
    It's not the whales, whales are a different category than this. The whale and FTP gap will always be there. This is effectively creating a caste system, and adding levels will further solidify that (I take the word "introductory" to meaning adding levels)
    How is this adding a caste system? It’s not as though players who do not purchase the Sigil are restricted in doing any content that hurts their progression.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

To be fair, the cost isn't terribly daunting. I can understand people not being able to spend because of whatever financial situation they have. If it's not spending on a matter of principle, can't really say much about that. I spend more than $10 a month on coffee.

I don't think it's the cost that is the issue. I think it's the precedent everyone is upset about
    Absolutely! It's not about the cost. It's about them putting a price on things that the community has been literally asking for, for years. Things that others said Kabam were correct not to integrate as they were a great startegy for their business model, to maintain balance.
    So because you have been asking for them means it has to be free? Most other games I know, you have to buy more space with game resources or money. Just because its been a popular topic for several of these things, doesnt mean they can't charge for them. Everyones been asking for free 5*'s since they came out and we have no problem paying for those.
    The "most other games I know" argument is pointless in this context because guess what, most other games I know automatically grow with progression without the need of a pay gate.
    The point here is that with this, Kabam are essentially (and finally) agreeing with those of us that were highlighting the fact that gold, inventory capacity, energy cost and summoner XP were falling behind in conjunction with the growth of the game. For some reason though, they feel necessary growth needs to be paid for. Growth that has come steadily with the game in the past without a price tag on it. Everybody agrees that these adv are not game breaking, meaning they are within balance and should honestly be part the game's natural growth.
    If we start paying for this, what's next? Pay gate on 7* champs? Pay gate on the next level of difficulty?
    I'm going to have to disagree with this. The only thing this confirms is that people were asking for it. If it was in fact viewed as necessary for the game overall, they wouldn't be charging for it.
    Charging for it doesn't prove that it's not necessary for the game overall. It proves that they can and will charge for whatever they want to.
    Ridiculous. They have not, and will not, charge for changes to "quality of life" (my God that term makes me uncomfortable to use in a game). If something is necessary for the Meta, they implement it. They do not charge for it. The Players themselves are the ones who deemed these things necessary for the game, because they want them.
    I wonder why we'd want an increase in inventory capacity or an address on summoner XP? You know, things that, in the past, were improved on naturally as the game grew.

Also, funny of you (specifically) to say that because you were one of many that deemed a limit on some these elements necessary to maintain balance. I could be wrong but I think you were one of few who said so. If you were, how come that logic isn't applicable anymore?
    I said that Gold was a Bottleneck Resource because people have access to everything else. It's in the game. Many of us have Gold and maintain it, and Rank steadily. The difference is we don't spend it all in one sitting. There's no Gold issue. There's a people spending it and not waiting to make it back issue.
    XP literally doesn't matter to anyone over Level 60.
    Inventory is a separate subject. I don't understand why it's included and I get why people are questioning it. However, I'm also on the fence with that one as well because Resources are meant to be used. I can understand people saving towards specific Rankings, but let's be real here. Some sit on stockpiles because they refuse to Rank "Garbage Champs". Well, if you only pick a handful of Champs worthy to Rank, then things will expire.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Fine. It’s true most things aren’t game breaking.
    And it’s not cause for “outrage”.

It’s just a shame things like the inventory cap increase need a payment. Maybe just rethink that aspect of the subscription?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Slippery slope fallacy

It also won't stop here, right now it's only $10 but before long the price and rewards will increase significantly more, this further widening the gap between PTW and FTP. They will inevitably lose a major portion of there members. SMH

I beg to differ. It's only natural for a company to increase the prices and standards if there is sufficient income. yes my statement follow the SSA but do realize that not every SSA is a fallacy.
    That's pretty much open either way. They did indicate that prices are subject to change. With that comes the choice to pass, just like any Offer. None of these perks are necessities of game play. It's not a situation where people are obligated to purchase in order to play. They could very well increase them. People will either choose to buy them, or not. What doesn't make sense to me is why people are offended that they sell things.
    I am not sure why ppl get offended either, but i think its more of the idea that there will be increases and as of rn there is not a huge gap, in the future there may be
    True.

Let’s say they go to the extreme and make the Sigil cost as much as an Odin.

For that you get 1 quest energy per minute, 10 5* featured crystals for 11k 5* shards a piece, daily gold realms, 3x inventory limit increase, 4000 units.

Will it affect the difference between the whales and F2P?
    It's not the whales, whales are a different category than this. The whale and FTP gap will always be there. This is effectively creating a caste system, and adding levels will further solidify that (I take the word "introductory" to meaning adding levels)

DNA3000 said:

Disagree with you. I've been sitting on 80m for half a year at least and I don't have a 4 or 5* below R3, or a 1/2/3* not at maxed rank.
    Thikas said:

To all the people saying stuff "it's just another offer, you don't have to buy it":

IT IS NOT JUST ANOTHER OFFER.
    You have to realize that if enough people buy this (and I'm sure it will happen), Kabam will focus on having more players subscribing to this. And it's not rocket science to understand they will quickly release content (like very rewarding special quests) available only to subscribers.
    In other words, the game will quickly become unplayable for F2P players.

If you agree that companies' greed should rule your life, then go ahead and pay 120$/year for a mobile game...

I don't agree that this is necessarily a slippery slope to a pay wall on real content. If that happens, it will be a different game and I'll join in the outrage. Maybe we will see another 12.0 style boycott. But I don't think they will go there. Could be wrong.
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    I have been wanting this for some time & are very happy to see this implemented I for one will be subscribing its not uncommon in mobile games & 10 dollars US isn't bank breaking even for me down in South Africa the perks definitely outweigh the cost BUT the day it becomes more expensive than a star lords loot bag will be the day I will unsubscribe anymore than that isn't worth the monthly cost especially after currency conversion. I would recommend you introduce a higher tier of subscription should you intend to increase the cost down the line as I suspect you will lose more than you gain my increasing the cost down the line.
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    This game run because of spenders . All those f2p are crying understand one thing that this game is still playable as a f2p .
    I think we should thank spenders because of them game is running.
    So please f2p players stop crying .we already getting enough .
    I am sure all people here want to earn profit if they run a gaming company .
    We should be glad these amazing game is f2p . And this game just enjoy fight and different champ . It's not real life were we are competing with each other .
    This game needs spenders otherwise how could you play this amazing game .
    Don't cry for this and that .
    Honestly this sigil does not affect me at all and I think everyone should feel like this .
    Don't compare your self with others
    Money can buy items but not skill .
    So improve your skill.
    Any thoughts on this please share .
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    F2p should be glad this game is still playable .
    This game is for playing and enjoying not for feeling fair and unfair .
    F2p player are contributing nothing to this game .
    This sigil does not make any big difference but a bonus for spenders .
    F2p base is huge that's why youtubers are saying in support of you for view .
    Everyone is greedy .
    Think about this calmly.
  • LegionDestroierLegionDestroier Posts: 101
    @Kabam Miike will the Gold boosts double from the Summoner anniversary boost we'll get in December?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★

These are for every 7 days, right?
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    This is just the start, next will come different subscriptions with more perks, for a higher price. This is just to test the waters to see how many will buy it. Later more maybe added to this one for a higher price. That's why the price is subject to change, this doesnt really change the game for me either way. The game has always been, the more you spend the easier the game is.