**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Magik rant

If I'm not wrong according to magiks abilities the limbo triggers every time a bar of power is reached but in aw I've seen a trend of her being placed on start with 1 bar where she immediately starts with a limbo cycle thats kinda cheating from the ai or magik herself pure bs.

Comments

• Keram85Keram85 Posts: 23
    If I'm not wrong according to magiks abilities the limbo triggers every time a bar of power is reached but in aw I've seen a trend of her being placed on start with 1 bar where she immediately starts with a limbo cycle thats kinda cheating from the ai or magik herself pure bs.

You're wrong.
    It doesn't trigger every time !
    There's a % chance to trigger Limbo after filling a bar of pwr.

For a r5 4* Magik at
    - lvl 20, chances are multiplied by 65.54%,
    - lvl 39, chances are multiplied by 79.93%.
    xoj4w0uqyzqh.png

My last AW I fought Magik on that unblock L1 and start with 1 bar power node and she didn't get Limbo on start !
    Fight Magik with some regen champs so You won't need to worry about loosing much health + go 3/3 Pacify in Utility so that on every stun she have less % chance to trigger Limbo and You'll be good.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Lmfao yea go regen champs. That's won't trigger her MD at all giving her cycles of lmbo and an SP3. Good call. That's what I do.
    Adjustments are coming fairly soon. Her, MD is ruining AW.
  • Keram85Keram85 Posts: 23
    Nerfed2Def wrote: »
    Lmfao yea go regen champs. That's won't trigger her MD at all giving her cycles of lmbo and an SP3. Good call. That's what I do.
    Adjustments are coming fairly soon. Her, MD is ruining AW.

It will trigger MD but on unblock L1 she spams L1s like crazy so no worry about reaching L3... lol...
    Besides it all depends on what AW tier we're talking about... lmfao...
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    I hate magik, but all we need is a simple buff to electro. "Any energy damage dealt to electro is instead converted into health gain" buff up champs to counter champs like Magik.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    She's not that bad. All 3 of my AW offensive champs can beat her as a boss with MD in one fight... and have done it.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    you must not fight tier 1.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Tier one from time to time but mostly tier 2. No real difference in the two honestly.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    There is a way to bait her specials without triggering dexterity and thus not triggering MD. Once I figured that out, and got some better champs for the job, magik got a lot easier.
  • powerbusterspowerbusters Posts: 9
    I play tier 1 aw on a consistent basis and beaten so many magiks limbo is not a huge deal but there is something wrong on sp1 bias node whether unlockable or not limbo should not trigger at that start unless she uses the special or reaches the second bar idk whether to call it a bug but it activates and against 5* magiks on those nodes and higher attack you go in with a 4* you barely get a parry in and your dead works like coldsnap yeah but its not its worse.well at least coldsnap can be worked around but the limbo at the start is bs
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    But she is gaining a bar of power. If you notice, they don't begin the fight with a bar, one bar is added to them immediately after the start of the fight. So when she crosses that threshold, Limbo has a chance to activate. There's no bug, cable could potentially get power gain or regen from the same node right away.
    I'd need more clarification regarding these nodes sp2 sp1 bias start whether its like power gain but I don't think so, power gain node is different and start with power bar completely two different nodes/description needed start with sp1 or sp2 doesn't mean power gain means they start with those bars immediately locked in personally never noticed a power gain when those nodes are there everywhere these days pretty common.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I'd need more clarification regarding these nodes sp2 sp1 bias start whether its like power gain but I don't think so, power gain node is different and start with power bar completely two different nodes/description needed start with sp1 or sp2 doesn't mean power gain means they start with those bars immediately locked in personally never noticed a power gain when those nodes are there everywhere these days pretty common.

First off: punctuation, please. Reading that post is painful. They are different nodes, yes. On a Power Start node, they start with 0 power, and it gets filled to the appropriate amount as fight begins. This can trigger any ability that depends on a bar being filled, such as Limbo or Cable's Power Gain/Regen. Power Gain modes simply increase the rate at which they gain power from attacking/being attacked.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    MadMarks wrote: »
    you must not fight tier 1.

Tons of people in top tier alliance wars can one shot magik bosses with even 4 star champions. Gwenpool, archangel, elektra, psylocke, other magiks and a couple others at 5/50 can pretty easily one shot or at least last to the end of the timer so you can still go back in and finish her off.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    do not nerf majik, im sick of this bs, they should be buffing the multitude of underwhelming champs in the game, not nerfing yet another higher end champ. pretty soon will be left with a swarm of useless champs
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    Keram85 wrote: »

You're wrong.
    It doesn't trigger every time !
    There's a % chance to trigger Limbo after filling a bar of pwr.

For a r5 4* Magik at
    - lvl 20, chances are multiplied by 65.54%,
    - lvl 39, chances are multiplied by 79.93%.
    xoj4w0uqyzqh.png

My last AW I fought Magik on that unblock L1 and start with 1 bar power node and she didn't get Limbo on start !
    Fight Magik with some regen champs so You won't need to worry about loosing much health + go 3/3 Pacify in Utility so that on every stun she have less % chance to trigger Limbo and You'll be good.

^^ this ^^

also check and learn your masteries inside and out. only time she should be a real nuisance is when shes stun immune.

good luck!
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I'll take a magik over Dorm any day
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    Dexterity shouldn't be counted as a buff, my only complaint.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    .... Is this a troll post? Sorry to come off condescending like that, but Magik has like a dozen counters already in the game.

The worst part about her is probably not having that many ways to bypass limbo damage, but that's the same as when fighting an Electro or duped Iceman.

The real problem is MD, and I'm sure they will fix that shortly.
  • PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    I'm sorry those of us who have been playing the game from the start have managed all these champs for ages and often we had less resources available to us. So I'm sorry newer players complaining about these old champs and wanting changes is poor, as already said learn the champs, nodes, masteries etc and play the game rather than complaining all the time. In this respect nothing needs to change except people's expectations everything should be easy, but with what you have available now it is or you just need to invest the time to do the work the rest of us have and become proficient in the game
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Rather see magic then drom or jugs 5/5 md. Just saying there are far worse fights out in aw then magic lol
    Read my op properly, I guess no one got the point its not the issue about limbo its about how some of the nodes work in aw which really is surprising ,bug potentially or not idk just mentioned it out there I personally don't like the idea of nerfs and MD is not an issue as well I have 5/5 MD and I have both 4* magik lvl99 and the 5* one I love magik but I want to know why the limbo triggers start of fight without her getting hit or gaining power on start with sp1