**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

As a LOT of people have mentioned, this is JUST the beginning, that's the worst part. They even said "Introductory price" lol

You have absolutely no evidence supporting this though. It's just conjecture. I won't argue the point of Kabam not having the greatest of track records with some things but there's absolutely zero evidence to support the silly "slippery slope" fear-mongering.
  • O_Deadpool_OO_Deadpool_O Posts: 137 ★★
    Hello, @Kabam Miike
    Could you please answer on following questions:

1. Will it be possible to buy this subscription at any time? Or it should be bought at the specific time while it is introduced?

2. If I buy this subscription now, when I am "Uncollected", will it be automatically improved when I become "Cavalier"? Or it will be improved with Cavalier bonuses after next renewing?
  • StriderStrider Posts: 3
    Well...swing and a miss. Every-time that Kabam starts to make good moves they drop something like this. The value is not worth the money every month and the holes in the game are still there.

Too bad, I was hoping that the game was on the rise with recent decisions. Like rotating the henchmen in AQ.

Most of their “deals” have missed the two resources that are missing from the game gold and T2 Alpha.

Frankly 100K week in gold is far from worth paying for.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

As a LOT of people have mentioned, this is JUST the beginning, that's the worst part. They even said "Introductory price" lol

The only prices that have changed over the years is the cost of daily offers. They could have made Cavalier crystals 400 units since they have 6*'s in them. But they didn't. There isn't any reason to believe this service will go up in price. If it changes, the package you'll get will likely be a different package at a different cost along with this one.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Strider said:

Well...swing and a miss. Every-time that Kabam starts to make good moves they drop something like this. The value is not worth the money every month and the holes in the game are still there.

Too bad, I was hoping that the game was on the rise with recent decisions. Like rotating the henchmen in AQ.

Most of their “deals” have missed the two resources that are missing from the game gold and T2 Alpha.

Frankly 100K week in gold is far from worth paying for.

If that is all you see in the offer then you are missing out. There is 100k, or more if you get cav, there is T2A. There is a lot more than you are giving it credit for. Dont get it if you like, but it is worth it.
  • mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    What bothers me the most is that they have a unit offer for $4.99 where you get 735 units and this one is $9.99 and you get 300 units throughout the month? Obviously there is more included but at least give more units to surpass the $4.99 offer
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Lormif said:

Phits007 said:

Kobster84 said:

Phits007 said:

Kobster84 said:

I think the problem this summoner sigil presents is the precedent for the future
    Will the 5* basic arena when it comes be gated to subscription members
    Will there be an exclusive t5b daily quest for subscribers
    Just feel that a lot of content in the future will become paywalled like at the end of the day a bit of storage and gold while kabam should have made it free won’t be the end of the world but this subscription service will probably get worse as time goes on

There should be some benefit for players willing to spend $$$

Nothing prevents F2P players from playing and enjoying the game. Progress isn't hampered. So what if you don't clear content as quickly as another player (who happens to spend $$)?
    There already is so much benefits to spending kabam keeps adding more and more and making it harder for f2p players
    What makes it harder for F2P accounts?
    I think he means to keep up, because he is trying to keep up with the Jone's
    Buying $100 offers is keeping up with the Jones', paying $10 for some free items and more capacity or a units daily card is just good for you in general if you can spare $20 a month. Say 10000 people get the offers. That is $200,000 that they make for doing nothing really.

Kabam has 170 employees. They have 4 offices (Vancouver, Montreal, San Francisco and Austin Texas).

For those 170 employees they have to pay for salaries, benefits and other types of standard employee stuff.

Pay for the lights, pay for the servers, pay for internet.

All the while making a profit. So that $200k is nothing really, but it helps to keep the wheels going on the game.
    mmmbanyas said:

What bothers me the most is that they have a unit offer for $4.99 where you get 735 units and this one is $9.99 and you get 300 units throughout the month? Obviously there is more included but at least give more units to surpass the $4.99 offer

Because it gives way more than the 735 units worth of stuff.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    TheKiryu said:

Once again - Problem is not with Sigil , problem is how they are going about it, in it’s essence sigil is no different from daily catalyst or unit card or what have you.

The painful thing comes from from the fact they are making quality of life adjustments that should be free into a purchasable item.

Add your shards , sig stones in sigil yeah whatever , cool.

Energy refresh times , black market, etc should be free and available to all!

What’s next 2$ a month for help all button?
    3$ to have vip server with less connection issues? 5$ For 45 min aq and aw timers? 10$ for free mastery changes?

Should stop giving them ideas...

I'd be willing to buy the VIP server deal. This one not so much
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    So, good for cavaliers hording 4* shards.
    Also items limit should be increased for everyone. And please allow selling iso and catalyst from boxy thing where they expire
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Aside from the usual Kabam shills, this is CLEARLY getting a negative response. Listen to the feedback and let’s compromise! I understand a subscription is going to happen but it’s being done wrong, clearly.
    The Black Market, energy and inventory perks should be STANDARD for all, let the subscription INCREASE their respective value.
    Players shouldn’t have to pay for access to these, let them pay for increased value to these.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★

Ronin916 said:

IKON said:

MoeyTehr said:

Wow. Even more pay to win options. Congratulations on being so greedy, Kabam.

This isn't even close to pay to win, this is pay to get a few more benefits than free players do, same as always.
    This is the literal definition of pay to win. Some of these things do provide some form of competitive advantage, and you're paying for them.
    Pay to win? You can also win for free. Spending has been a part of the game as long as I can remember. As long as people can spend, they'll have access to what others don't. That's what they're paying for.
    If people are somehow implying that F2P Players won't be able to progress without spending, that will never happen. Ever. All spending does is save time and accelerate progress. There will always be a place for F2P Players in this game. They go to lengths to make sure of it.
    However, it's not a game where people who don't spend should have everything those that do have. I don't know where this illusion of closing in on the gap came from, but I have to be "that guy". People who don't spend will not catch up to people who spend regularly, and they definitely won't catch up to people who spend insane amounts like COW. That's just not going to happen. People who have money get more. That's true for the game, and life in general.
    What F2P Players CAN do is play for free, grow at their own pace, and still compete in the game. They're never going to be edged out in a way that makes playing obsolete. They just won't be head-to-head with people spending money. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the gap is real with or without this Offer, and what's included here doesn't make a difference for that either way.
    1)"Players who dont spend wont be able to go head-to-head witb people spending money". Thats quite literally the definition of pay to win.

2) No one said you cant play if you dont spend your sidestepping the argument. No one said as far as i recall that f2p players cant progress at all or cant play the game. Theyre just being pushed out of higher levels of competition and their relative level of progression has a growing disparity.

3) The "seperation" of spenders and non spenders has never involved quality of life. Crystals, revives, etc. Sure, but an energy reduction and inventory space has NEVER been paywalled. It was always toed to progression. Unless you are going to tell me spending is the next level after hitting 60.

Aside from the usual Kabam shills, this is CLEARLY getting a negative response. Listen to the feedback and let’s compromise! I understand a subscription is going to happen but it’s being done wrong, clearly.
    The Black Market, energy and inventory perks should be STANDARD for all, let the subscription INCREASE their respective value.
    Players shouldn’t have to pay for access to these, let them pay for increased value to these.

Do you call everyone who disagrees with you a shill?

here is the thing, you guys cannot even agree on what is the issue with the deal, it is not a problem with the deal, it is a problem with you wanting more free stuff. Shoot the Black Market is not even QOL which most of the people in this thread has stated is fine with being in the deal and not free. The other players only want QOL stuff.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    I am looking forward to getting a featured 5 star for only 11,000 shards. But...yeaaah, is this where I turn into a disagree button?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I would definitely be interested in purchasing VIP monthly subscriptions for this game, I just want to be clear about that. If there was a sweet $99 a month subscription that got you double odds on crystals, T5B frags, T5C frags I'd be 100% in. But to increase my inventory, allow me to do a gold realm (which I don't need due to spending) and trading in of items....even for $10 a month its an easy pass.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez are all quite popular but make horrible music.
    Now this I can get on board with.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Most people that are complaining are not F2p so stop with the narrative that everyone complaining doesn't spend on the game. Its disingenuous to get your point out and shame people for not spending. All we're saying is that specifically more inventory space, less energy, and gold should be offered for free in our opinion. I don't understand the contempt for people wanting that. I'm not f2P at all but have been wanting this added as they have done so in the past.
  • BunyodBunyod Posts: 11
    I think comfortable will be not every 1 month but every 6 month.
    Lormif said:

Do you call everyone who disagrees with you a shill?

here is the thing, you guys cannot even agree on what is the issue with the deal, it is not a problem with the deal, it is a problem with you wanting more free stuff. Shoot the Black Market is not even QOL which most of the people in this thread has stated is fine with being in the deal and not free. The other players only want QOL stuff.
    The issue with the deal is Kabam capped inventory and we’ve asked for increase for years, same with energy and an idea like the proposed Black Market and all of these being griped about and wanted for years but now behind a paywall.
    Is a subscription with added benefits good, yes.
    Should things we, as a community, have asked and begged for years to be implemented but only if you pay, no.

Something being unpopular doesn't make it bad anymore than something being popular makes it good. Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez are all quite popular but make horrible music.

When it comes to a business and it’s customer base, yes. If you keep doing things your customers despise, you lose them.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★

Most people that are complaining are not F2p so stop with the narrative that everyone complaining doesn't spend on the game. Its disingenuous to get your point out and shame people for not spending. All we're saying is that specifically more inventory space, less energy, and gold should be offered for free in our opinion. I don't understand the contempt for people wanting that. I'm not f2P at all but have been wanting this added as they have done so in the past.

The problem is that all of those things requires software engineers to create and implement. I can promise you those engineers do not work for free, they require compensation. The testers also require compensation. Moderators require compensation. Bandwidth costs money. Licensing costs money. I can go on but I think the point is made.
    While Kabam is making money already, they are spending a tremendous amount for these changes. As a business they need to recover that cost and gain a profit or they go out of business. They are not forcing the purchase, just offering it. If you really want this QOL change you spend if not, let it go.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Something being unpopular doesn't make it bad anymore than something being popular makes it good. Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez are all quite popular but make horrible music.

When it comes to a business and it’s customer base, yes. If you keep doing things your customers despise, you lose them.
    I'm not gonna be one of the people who says f2p players have no value to kabam as "customers" bc that's certainly not true. Things like unique logins and playerbase numbers are all metrics that get used to determine value for things like games. However, you're fooling yourself if you feel like they have as much value as the portion of the playerbase that does spend on the game. Direct revenue is always going to trump being a portion of a marketable metric.

Which of those two groups do you think something like this will have a larger negative response from?
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    Haji_Saab said:

My only problem with this is that the QoL improvements should just be added to the game regardless.

Other than that, this is a cash offer like any other offer. People can choose to spend whatever and this is the reality of modern day gaming.

Exactly
  • DanielYorkDanielYork Posts: 42
    The only way anything will change with this offer is if people don’t buy it. Which if I had to guess won’t happen. Guessing most top 500 alliances will, 500x30=15K or 150K. If 10% of the rest of the player base does this will bring in like 250K a month. The only way I can see it going away is if people stop buying other offers because they subscribed to this.

Now if you really want to try to stop this, alliances drive spending, leave your alliance, stop spending and if you can get about 250 alliances of the top 1500 to disband and stop spending you might see change. Spending is really top heavy so they might not notice.

I'm not gonna be one of the people who says f2p players have no value to kabam as "customers" bc that's certainly not true. Things like unique logins and playerbase numbers are all metrics that get used to determine value for things like games. However, you're fooling yourself if you feel like they have as much value as the portion of the playerbase that does spend on the game. Direct revenue is always going to **** being a portion of a marketable metric.

Which of those two groups do you think something like this will have a larger negative response from?
    F2P base has its value by the mass # of downloads, which directly impact the game and company. The spenders provide direct revenue but are fewer accounts than F2P (in almost all cases of F2P games in general). These types game cannot exist without both.

If free to play people stop downloading game, it’s loses is value in the App Stores. If pay to win players stop spending the company’s bottom line is directly affected.

At the end of the day both make for a successful game. Since free to play users are more plentiful it does pay to heed their feedback and make compromises, spenders will spend no matter what. The QOL changes we’ve begged for years to get being behind a paywall directly and negatively effects the larger F2P base and deserves being looked at and consider a compromise.
    Nothing wrong with bonus perks for buying a subscription, bad form to have the QOL options we’ve wanted for years only if you pay.