**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

NightCrawler Evades Corvus with True Strike on Node 43?

In AW node 43, tier 7, a buff on the node is to increase the chance of evade by 20%. Just moments ago, I brought in Corvus with 4 charges active. Of course I had Proxima on my team so I had True Strike already active. But Nightcrawler evaded multiple times in multiple combos.

Is there something that I’m missing and it’s working correctly? Or did Corvus get nerfed again like he did vs glancing? That is, does the 20% increased evade now override true strike?

Comments

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Maybe its like that:

Base evade is 22% (at least on my NC)
    The ability accuracs is 100% (like for everything) the node gives it +20% = 120% - 100% from truestrike = 20% × 22% evade =4,4% chance to evade.

At least that would explain it. Not that I like it or think its ok. Its just a guess tho.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Does AW tier 7 node 43 have buffet? If that's the case, since corvus true strike is a BUFF, it unfortunately got eaten up by buffet.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

In AW node 43, tier 7, a buff on the node is to increase the chance of evade by 20%. Just moments ago, I brought in Corvus with 4 charges active. Of course I had Proxima on my team so I had True Strike already active. But Nightcrawler evaded multiple times in multiple combos.

Is there something that I’m missing and it’s working correctly? Or did Corvus get nerfed again like he did vs glancing? That is, does the 20% increased evade now override true strike?

Who did you get the evade/autoblock charge from?

Does AW tier 7 node 43 have buffet? If that's the case, since corvus true strike is a BUFF, it unfortunately got eaten up by buffet.

tier 7 does not to my knowledge, I am pretty sure that starts at tier 5
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    True Strike should never have a -100% value to cancel out an Evasion ability.
    True Strike should be just a True Strike. Once it's activated, no evasion ability should work anymore until it's deactivated.
    That's the point of a True Strike; to nullify any evasion.
    Changing that meaning your Proxima synergy is useless anyway and you could bring in another useful champion than her in AW.
    So I will be furious if a True Strike ability does have a value like what @Seraphion was saying
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Actually, when I have used Corvus with True Strike, he cancels out evade even in the Best Defense nodes
  • HomerJBondHomerJBond Posts: 118

Ah yes that is the issue. Buffet was also a buff on the node.

My apologies for not including that In the initial information. However, I am almost certain that last season when I played in tier 4 on this path, this never happened to me once where buffet removed true strike. I can see how it would happen if I activated that charge/true strike during the fight. But since I started with true strike before the match, it seems like buffet eating it is a new change. But I could be wrong of course like I am too often in this confusing game with ambiguous official descriptions, lol.

Thank you for your help.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

My apologies for not including that In the initial information. However, I am almost certain that last season when I played in tier 4 on this path, this never happened to me once where buffet removed true strike. I can see how it would happen if I activated that charge/true strike during the fight. But since I started with true strike before the match, it seems like buffet eating it is a new change. But I could be wrong of course like I am too often in this confusing game with ambiguous official descriptions, lol.

Thank you for your help.
    Buffet cancels it at the start of the fight.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Thank you for your help.
    Not new, always been that way.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Thank you for your help.
    Corvus is the one of the few champs whose true strike is a buff, unlike other true strikes like from killmonger whose true strikes are passives. Thats probably why you don't face the buffet eating true strike problem very often, thats understandable :smile:
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    So case is closed!