**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who is actually free to play?

2»

Comments

• FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I can assure you. I haven't spent anything on my account and I never will. I mean, even my name is FreeToPlay21
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    I haven't spent a dime on this game
    (and I never will) and my rosters is better than some p2w accounts. I have been playing almost every day since civil war, so I guess hard work pays off.
  • I wish I could say I was free to play, but sometimes i finally get to the boss and did some damage and in no way or hell want to make that trek again.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I was F2P until July 4th. Then I spent $5 on the Peter Parker Wallet to get the deal.
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★

I can assure you. I haven't spent anything on my account and I never will. I mean, even my name is FreeToPlay21

Was about to @ you. I'm free to play.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I spent around $75 the first year and as of this exact month have been f2p for 3 1/2 years. 100% finished Act 4, Act 5, Act 6.1, V2 as free to play. Don't plan to ever spend again. Happy in my top 90 AQ/AW Plat 3 ally.
  • Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 347
    edited August 2019
    I'm 100% F2p. But admittedly, the sigil service has confused things - I might quit or be forced to spend for the first time.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 627 ★★★
    Me 🙋‍♂️
  • I played this game for almost 3 years now and I haven't spent any money.
  • Jack_OHaraJack_OHara Posts: 92
    I don't think the Sigil changes anything for FTP players. It doesn't change anything for me. It's a bit of an edge with the Black ISO market, but it's not a huge deal. I'm still FTP after about 3 and a half years of casual playing. Here's my current roster too:

• XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    Personally I think of MCOC as one of my entertainment options ...so I don't have a problem w/ spending when I feel the need...however I do keep track of how much I am spending in a given period.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Poor to the core baby...
    To answer your question yes I'm free to play
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    Just a reminder, if no one spend, we haven’t have this game. In my second account, long ago, I spent $5 to get parry mastery since back then parry was not free.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    I’ve spent the odd $5 to $10 here and there because I don’t have the time or inclination to endlessly grind arena.

• allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    I've spent a bit here and there and it adds up. But I haven't spent in about a year mainly because I have too many other priorities. Not that opposed to it but not sure about the sigil.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    I consider myself FTP even if I spent some here and there for fair offers. And when I say fair I mean something like the current offer for the 750 units. Never spent more then 5 dollars, probably a total of 20$ in 4+ years.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    DNA3000 said:

FF10 said:

Well i have never spent anything on this game

You’re probably one of the few
    Most F2P players do not spend. The average conversion rate for mobile games is something like five to ten percent (meaning: five to ten percent of players spend any amount of money). 20% would be a really high conversion rate. Anything higher than 30% would be a unicorn.
    I mean by definition F2P players don’t spend lol, otherwise they’d be P2P
  • science22science22 Posts: 125
    I'm a 100% true free to play player with not a single cent paid in-game :|
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    1000th viewer is me
  • I'm 100% F2p. But admittedly, the sigil service has confused things - I might quit or be forced to spend for the first time.

I personally don't see this sigil thing as being a way to force people to quit or spend. It is another option. Sure, I am not gunna be it and I don't really like it or find it appealing enough to spend on it, but it isn't such a game changer that makes me wanna stop playing either. Just something else thrown out there.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

I know the concept of an entertainment budget is foreign to many, but it’s actually a thing. That said, if I’m not your spouse or your accountant I’m not sure why I’d care if you are F2P.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    If my wife ever stumbles across this....I’m purely free to play.

But if I’m honest, I’m slanging tens of dollars at cavalier crystals weekly.

Help me.