**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

S8 Active Visual Issues

Hello,

I recently upgraded from a Galaxy S8 to a Galaxy S8 Active. The phone is essentially the same, with the same Snapdragon 835 processor and Adreno 540 GPU.

Big visual issues happen, everything is low resolution and blurry (especially special attacks and even characters). Cable is a big one; his sp1 is awesome on my previous phone, but the new one you can barely see his attack and it looks like something from 10 years ago.

I took pictures of Dormammu (the most obvious difference I saw).

Old phone: strkb2gm48l2.jpg

New phone: 9zddv6nrjd9u.jpg

Pretty bad in my opinion. Any reason why this is?

Comments

• Are you using the built in modes or the game launcher? I have an S8+ and if I switch from either entertainment or gaming mode to performance or simply deactivate my enhanced modes then the quality does.. well that.

The game launcher needs to be set to high performance if you use that. Not sure if there are any massive differences between the two devices, I didn't see the appeal in the new Galaxy version so I didn't read up much on it.
  • I have tried every method of increasing graphics quality, making sure no battery saver mode were on, no difference. I will try it again shortly though
  • Are you using the built in modes or the game launcher? I have an S8+ and if I switch from either entertainment or gaming mode to performance or simply deactivate my enhanced modes then the quality does.. well that.

The game launcher needs to be set to high performance if you use that. Not sure if there are any massive differences between the two devices, I didn't see the appeal in the new Galaxy version so I didn't read up much on it.

I tested it on my work phone (a Galaxy S8+) and even putting it on performance and turning on Max battery saver, it did not make a difference on the quality of that particular phone. My current S8 Active personal phone still has worse graphics. I have been in contact with Kabam support and they put in a ticket for the game team to check.

My personal theory that I shared with them is that somewhere in the game code, it sees this model phone as a unsupported device and defaults to low graphics since it cannot detect it. It's probably a simple fix in the code to make it accept this model number. I can only hope they put it into the next August 30th update to the game. Thank you for checking on your device!
  • Ninjito23Ninjito23 Posts: 10
    Seems to be that they never fixed the issue if this has been going on since August of last year. Here is mine as of today...

7vw0vo8bwmxv.jpg
  • Ninjito23Ninjito23 Posts: 10
    3 Months later, still no update on this. I have put in an issue with google play, and a ticket with Kabam support. Have gone through the steps requested to fix the issue and still have the same issue.