**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New arena crystal is super dissapointing FYI

I just compared 100k battlechips of the old and 100k of the new crystal and the new one is trash. I got half the units and gold just about. I know it's a huge gamble on the new one but wow. Every time you hit the worst prize (I.e 15k gold) it's basically like hitting the worst prize 5 times in a row on the old crystal. No punishers obviously. Definitely wouldn't recommend people doing this new crystal.

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It's still rng. This would be 4.5 units average and 2 4*s under old crystals.
    S2Gi6gc.png
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    S2Gi6gc.png

WOW that's way better than what anyone in my alliance is pulling
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    S2Gi6gc.png

I guess it's all luck because I got **** i4pm9uttq5vw.png
    Yeah if I extrapolate how many I opened I got almost exactly what you got @Stara99
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Ouch. I got 600,000 gold and 600 units from 30 crystals. It really is RNG. It should be roughly the same in the long run.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Only tried 5 and all gold here. But the animation...wow! Never seen so many 5* and 4* Punishers in my life.

Dr. Zola
    I'm seriously never opening one again, I got basically the worst prize on every pull
  • Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    40 crystals 225 units and 690k of gold. Very Very disappointing to say the lest
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Here's another, maybe it's reporting bias. What's funny is I had 100 opening also and got exactly what Stara did 1350 which is .5 below average. But again it was one opening.

gZvR7ks.jpg
    40 crystals 225 units and 690k of gold. Very Very disappointing to say the lest
    Jesus man that's worse than mine, sorry dude
    Here's another, maybe it's reporting bias. What's funny is I had 100 opening also and got exactly what Stara did 1350 which is .5 below average. But again it was one opening.

gZvR7ks.jpg

I'll send some alliance screenshots that are all trash lol
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    30 crystals were 535k Gold, 1050 Units, 5 Full Energy Refills.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    8ddddjv5lyv9.png

The new crystals contain exactly what they are supposed to contain. 1 instance of bad luck doesn't mean that everyone will have bad luck every time.
  • Propaganda83Propaganda83 Posts: 16
    r4nwuztkitqj.png
    90 regular arena crystals. I can't believe how bad this is.
    r4nwuztkitqj.png

I thought this crystal would be my answer to my gold problems and I'm so pissed. I got less gold and units than the old crystal
  • Tiago1980Tiago1980 Posts: 34
    Who will be the first to get a 5 *?

How many crystals will need to be opened? 10k? I laughed a lot
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    S2Gi6gc.png

I guess it's all luck because I got **** i4pm9uttq5vw.png

Yep, 35 crystals here, a total of 75 units and 575k in gold. while other in my alliance cleaned house. When kabam bends you over, there is nothing you can do be clench a fist.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Im loving the new crystals opened 5 and pulled 4 star punisher
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Im loving the new crystals opened 5 and pulled 4 star punisher
  • Opened 100 and got 1 4* Punisher, 1.8m gold and 2250 units. Probably about what you might have expected from the old crystals, but with an extra * on the Punisher pull.
  • Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    I didn't find it too bad to be honest, not amazing but could be worse2upu2mosk8hp.png
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    I finally pulled 4* Punisher from mines which is cool. I'll be going back to the old arena crystals now though.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    I like the amount of units you get... gold wise I'll get to 100 million by the end of the month though xD
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    @Rydertheblack

Did you see some of the gold some got from a butt load of crystals?! 300k for 40+ crystals

Im still debating on getting those or not.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    r4nwuztkitqj.png

I thought this crystal would be my answer to my gold problems and I'm so pissed. I got less gold and units than the old crystal

It's RNG. Over time, you'll roll more Gold. Believe me. Lol. I always tell my guys, if you want Gold, try for Units. Never fails. ;)
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    @Rydertheblack

Did you see some of the gold some got from a butt load of crystals?! 300k for 40+ crystals

Im still debating on getting those or not.

I had opened around 25 of those. i went from 11.2 million to 11.9 million gold, and got like 500 units, which aint that bad for me
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    Besides easier 4 star punisher odds you are paying for the same thing. You get 5x 1 reward you would have gotten in the reg crystal but also paying 5 times more.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    edited August 2017
    It's not "just RNG". Your sample size is much... much, lower, which causes a huge shift in rewards. If you open several million of each crystal you might get similar to 5x the rewards, but if you're unlucky this format is much less forgiving. Likewise if you're lucky it's much more rewarding... You' ARE much more likely however to get balanced rewards by opening more crystals, a.k.a. the old crystals. This gamble would have been a small price to pay if 4* and 5* champions were going to retain their value, but they will be severely devalued over the next 6 months which leaves you with a legitimate reason to stop opening these after you dupe your 4* punisher if you want a better chance at balanced rewards. Either way, you're still getting Kabamed.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    I pulled the trigger

hfwghyz56mf7.png