**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So, I know old champions are inneed of buffs. But can we bandage the new ones?

MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
Diablo is weak, Ebony Maw is weaker. Would it be difficult to just do a times 10 on Ebony Maw's damage? Like a 6 star unawakend Maw deals 49 damage per tick. You could make that damage 50 times as good and he still wouldn't be close to the best champions. Why is there a character in this game that can have his damage increased by 5000% and still not be in the top tiers?

Now some people will make the argument that not all champs have to be top tier or that without bad champs there wouldn't be good champs. But you are just simply wrong when you say Maw's damage is good/fitting.

Comments

• I agree with you. But as we all know Ebony maw was made for defence and countering some specific champs. For me he causes degen in Aw for nothing and I don't wanna see that degen scaling up Tbh
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Um that would be 5k per second....
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He needs a full rework tbh
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

His base damage is low enough to balance it out.
    Mysterio said:

Lormif said:

Umm, no it is not, that would kill even the toughest champions in 4 -5 seconds.
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    You are doing it wrong.
    Diablo takes skill to use but not useless. Maw is for defense not offense.
    Lormif said:

Mysterio said:

Lormif said:

Okay, how about we increase is base kit and his damage overtime. But not to much.

You are doing it wrong.

Question, does he counter anything that is not Ghost or Corvus?
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★
    Mysterio said:

Lormif said:

Lemme get this straight, you want a devensive champion who is almost guranteed to place a degen on you at some point to deal 5k per tick? Boy oh boy you better never have a post compalining about unavoidable damage ever. He is supposed to be a mild annoyance that hardstops ghost and corvus. Nothing more nothing less. Niche champion.

Mysterio said:

You are doing it wrong.

You fought him on an Ægis node?
    no....is it that bad?
    Mysterio said:

Mysterio said:

You are doing it wrong.

no....is it that bad?
    LoL Maw is specifically made for the new defense nodes in AW. He will drain your potions and revives.

Mysterio said:

Mysterio said:

You are doing it wrong.

no....is it that bad?
    LoL Maw is specifically made for the new defense nodes in AW. He will drain your potions and revives.
    Okay let's say it like this. He may be a good defender but he is useless on offense. Could we change/rework him so he is also usefull on offense without breaking defense.
    Mysterio said:

Mysterio said:

Mysterio said:

You are doing it wrong.

no....is it that bad?
    Okay let's say it like this. He may be a good defender but he is useless on offense. Could we change/rework him so he is also usefull on offense without breaking defense.
    He is not an offensive character, designed as such. So just don’t plan to use him for offense lol
    geeeeeeeeeezzzz
    Mysterio said:

Lormif said:

Mysterio said:

Lormif said:

Okay, how about we increase is base kit and his damage overtime. But not to much.
    The problem is his degen litterally requires him to do nothing much to hit. In addition his damage is on par with other mystic champs. He is a utility character not a dps god.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    That’s like saying korg needs to be buffed because he’s only good on defense... he’s weak on offense along with a fair other specifically defensive champs. Korg shouldn’t get a buff for offense, he’s a defensive character. Ebony max is made exclusively to be used on defense. I’m sorry you got a 5/6* ebony maw and want him to be an attacker, fact is he isn’t. He’s a defender. That shouldn’t change.

🐻
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    No, bad champions actually is what makes the game good. If all the champions are useful that would make a different game. The reason why you feel so awesome when you pull a "god tier" champion is because you pulled like 20 hulkbusters and Kamala Khan's before. I just think the basic is too large and we need more opportunities to dupe and level up champions. More rank up gem opportunities and sig stones. Kabam makes too much off of sig stones but rank up gems shouldn't be an issue.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Mysterio said:

You are doing it wrong.

Aegis heavy? Big deal. Learn to double parry or use a champ that can parry stun projectile attacks.

No, bad champions actually is what makes the game good. If all the champions are useful that would make a different game. The reason why you feel so awesome when you pull a "god tier" champion is because you pulled like 20 hulkbusters and Kamala Khan's before. I just think the basic is too large and we need more opportunities to dupe and level up champions. More rank up gem opportunities and sig stones. Kabam makes too much off of sig stones but rank up gems shouldn't be an issue.

How about we make epic movie champs good and non epic movie champs weak? We still have the wow factor and we can enjoy our movie champs.
    I wouldn't mind them buffing the avengers. It is weird how we have champions like Ghost/Corvus being the best in game while our hero's mainly suck.

I wouldn't mind them buffing the avengers. It is weird how we have champions like Ghost/Corvus being the best in game while our hero's mainly suck.

Domino, CAIW, IMIW, and others would like to have a word with you.
    Lormif said:

IMIW is not one of the best champs. Domino is not an avenger and she was a supporting character in one movie which was in fox marvel not even the Disney marvel. CapIW is a great champion but not in the top 5, lets stop the games.

Lormif said:

IMIW is not one of the best champs. Domino is not an avenger and she was a supporting character in one movie which was in fox marvel not even the Disney marvel. CapIW is a great champion but not in the top 5, lets stop the games.
    Domino is a hero, you said "our heroes". IMIW is great for defense.... So now you are moving the goal posts to "top 5" defines great?
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Domino is a hero, you said "our heroes". IMIW is great for defense.... So now you are moving the goal posts to "top 5" defines great?
    Domino in the comics historically is not a hero. She can go either way, she's an anti-hero so lets stop the foolishness. Just because Kabam puts hero in the title doesn't mean thats 100% reflective of the comics or movies, you completely misinterpreted what I said. I have IMIW and he's is stuck at rank 2 and I have no plans of ranking him at all. You saying he's great for defense implies that my alliance cares about AW and we don't. CapIW is really good but far from the best champion and even if he is that's one guy. The game has over 142 champions your argument is weak at best.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Domino in the comics historically is not a hero. She can go either way, she's an anti-hero so lets stop the foolishness. Just because Kabam puts hero in the title doesn't mean thats 100% reflective of the comics or movies, you completely misinterpreted what I said. I have IMIW and he's is stuck at rank 2 and I have no plans of ranking him at all. You saying he's great for defense implies that my alliance cares about AW and we don't. CapIW is really good but far from the best champion and even if he is that's one guy. The game has over 142 champions your argument is weak at best.
    Domino was a hero, she was a member of X-Force... And an anti hero is still a hero, just a hero who does not have the traits everyone expects in a hero. She is sitll a hero.

You may have no intentions of ranking him up, but alliances tend to keep atleast one per BG, he is a really good defender that requires very specific counters to kill easily. just because you do not care about AW does not mean that the game can ignore that mode when it comes to balance.

Does not matter if he is "the best", he is till "beyond god tier", so is other heros like Magic, Blade, Nick Fury, Sparky, quake, and hyperion. You realize that in Marvel the avengers are not the only heros right?
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Domino was a hero, she was a member of X-Force... And an anti hero is still a hero, just a hero who does not have the traits everyone expects in a hero. She is sitll a hero.

You may have no intentions of ranking him up, but alliances tend to keep atleast one per BG, he is a really good defender that requires very specific counters to kill easily. just because you do not care about AW does not mean that the game can ignore that mode when it comes to balance.

Does not matter if he is "the best", he is till "beyond god tier", so is other heros like Magic, Blade, Nick Fury, Sparky, quake, and hyperion. You realize that in Marvel the avengers are not the only heros right?
    that's still 2 champs out of 142. Your argument is weak and anti hero means they can go either way it doesn't mean that they're just simply a hero that do things you don't expect. Also, if you would scroll up you would see that I said weak champions makes this game great. So you're just wasting time at this point with me.

He was specifically speaking about movie hero's, quake and Magik aren't move hero's. If you want to waste time with weak arguments go ahead.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

that's still 2 champs out of 142. Your argument is weak and anti hero means they can go either way it doesn't mean that they're just simply a hero that do things you don't expect. Also, if you would scroll up you would see that I said weak champions makes this game great. So you're just wasting time at this point with me.

He was specifically speaking about movie hero's, quake and Magik aren't move hero's. If you want to waste time with weak arguments go ahead.
    Huh? his argument was the weak argument, this is not a movies based game, it is its own world with some cross over. And that was 6 I listed not 2, even till 2 of the 3 best mutants are heroes, all of the skill based are heroes, half the cosmic , half the tech and 2/3 of science. If you want a game based off the movies you need a differnt game.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Huh? his argument was the weak argument, this is not a movies based game, it is its own world with some cross over. And that was 6 I listed not 2, even till 2 of the 3 best mutants are heroes, all of the skill based are heroes, half the cosmic , half the tech and 2/3 of science. If you want a game based off the movies you need a differnt game.
    the game specifically pulls champs from the movie like stealth spiderman, and mysterio which they stole the exact designs from and thats just the most recent. I don't what game you're playing but you're not living in reality. If you keep making flat out wrong arguments I will permanently stop responding to you directly. This isn't even a relevant topic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    They work in partnership with Marvel and have obligations to create content in tandem with Films. They also create their own.