**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 5 Awakening Gem

So just last night I 100% explored act 5. I got a tech gem, which I used on ghost, but I’m not sure who to use the generic on. My options are Hyperion, void, Captain America (IW), starlord, or Doctor Voodoo. I could get void, cap, or starlord to about sig 80 or so, and I could get hype or voodoo to sig almost 150 or so. Who should I use it on?

Comments

• Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    Cap IW
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Some great options but i'd go wt Cap IW
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    I go with Cap IW or void no wrong choice there! Congrats btw!
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    First off, congrats on clearing act 5 100%! Its a relief to finally obtain that elders bane title.

All your champs for the generic AG are good options, except for SL imo (he's worth a class no doubt, but I do not believe he is worth a generic at this point). Based on your progress I would assume that 6.1 and the cavalier title is your next goal, and I would have to say that cap IW is probably going to be the most useful to get there. I have one myself and used him for a lot of my initial clear of 6.1. It adds a lot of useful utility to him that let's him tackle multiple different nodes and matchups. And he becomes very versatile as you can build a team around him based on what you need.

Really, you should use it on who you think you'll use the most, who you plan on ranking up and just simply who you enjoy playing as. Voodoo is good for AQ with regen and power control. Hype is a lot of damage output plus an immunity, with a bit of regen to boot. Void has that useful regen reversal and some pretty good damage once you have some debuffs stacked up.

Good luck!
  • LittlePeteLittlePete Posts: 50
    TKS87 said:

First off, congrats on clearing act 5 100%! Its a relief to finally obtain that elders bane title.

All your champs for the generic AG are good options, except for SL imo (he's worth a class no doubt, but I do not believe he is worth a generic at this point). Based on your progress I would assume that 6.1 and the cavalier title is your next goal, and I would have to say that cap IW is probably going to be the most useful to get there. I have one myself and used him for a lot of my initial clear of 6.1. It adds a lot of useful utility to him that let's him tackle multiple different nodes and matchups. And he becomes very versatile as you can build a team around him based on what you need.

Really, you should use it on who you think you'll use the most, who you plan on ranking up and just simply who you enjoy playing as. Voodoo is good for AQ with regen and power control. Hype is a lot of damage output plus an immunity, with a bit of regen to boot. Void has that useful regen reversal and some pretty good damage once you have some debuffs stacked up.

Good luck!

Thanks dude, yeah that’s probably next. I was thinking void, but a lot of people have been saying cap iw, I even asked Prof Hoff and he told me Cap. I still personally think void might be better, but with everyone saying cap idk
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    I would go void he needs it the most,but whichever champ you like using the most both are excellent candidate's
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★

TKS87 said:

Good luck!

Thanks dude, yeah that’s probably next. I was thinking void, but a lot of people have been saying cap iw, I even asked Prof Hoff and he told me Cap. I still personally think void might be better, but with everyone saying cap idk
    If you think you want to do void, that's totally fair man. He's still a really good champ and is worth the gem. If you think you'd prefer him over cap then go that route. At the end of the day there's no real right or wrong here.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I think Voodoo would get the most out of a generic awakening. Yeah Cap’s sig is nice but it’s not really a game changer for most fights. I have 3 high level caps at various sigs.
  • Leon91Leon91 Posts: 58
    CAPIW All the way!
  • suntzu83suntzu83 Posts: 18
    Imo cap iw is the best option for all the reasons tks87 mentioned. Hr dits into anytime and makes them bettwr with his sunergies, hes my go to champ for nearly every content
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    Voodoo would benefit the most from being awakened.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

I think Voodoo would get the most out of a generic awakening. Yeah Cap’s sig is nice but it’s not really a game changer for most fights. I have 3 high level caps at various sigs.

Voodoo isn’t as good a champ as void and cap full stop, I say void, he gets a ton from it and needs it aswell, cap gets a lot from it but is still crazy unduped, but I would go cap if you want to focus on variant 2
  • I'm probably biased but, CAIW all the way. I LOVE my R5 5*. He's unduped and will get the next gem I get without question. Takes a hard hitter and loads him up with more utility. I've experienced his sig ability via my nearly max sig 4* R5 CAIW. Worth it all day. Truthfully though, do up whomever works best for YOU at the end of the day. Your account, your champs, and you're the one who has to operate them.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Voodoo. He has a ton of utility and one of the VERY few big DoT non-bleeders.

Also, Hyperion literally only needs to be awakened. He starts at about 70% duration and sig 200 is 75% duration increase. Only reason is if you are overloaded on sig stones.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

TKS87 said:

Good luck!

I personally think Void is the better choice myself actually. Cap requires pseudo-synergies to get the benefit of his signature ability(ies) and also needs high signature to land things like petrify reliably. An awakened Void even at sig 1 can more reliably stack petrify (the initial debuffs come in random order, but once you get them stacked up you can keep them up with reasonable effort). That combined with his ability to debuff/DoT something to death makes him an out of the box great choice for many problematic fights. Also, he's incinerate immune which makes fights against champs like Mephisto and Torch much easier, and if you practice his heavy attack it is one of the better heavies in the game when it comes to heavy countering - because his heavy "reaches" across the screen much farther than most.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Voodoo isn’t as good a champ as void and cap full stop, I say void, he gets a ton from it and needs it aswell, cap gets a lot from it but is still crazy unduped, but I would go cap if you want to focus on variant 2
    It really depends on the situation. Even as a blanket statement that’s not true at all. I would say overall Voodoo is a much more useful champ than Void except for in certain niche situations. DV has ability accuracy reduction, poison (which hinders healing), strong buff control + DoT, power control, and regen. I mean Voodoo has a ton of cheat codes rolled up into one. It makes him far more versatile than Void and Cap. The things Cap and Void do, they do well, but DV is far more well rounded allowing him to tackle more fights.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

Lvernon15 said:

V1PER1987 said:

It really depends on the situation. Even as a blanket statement that’s not true at all. I would say overall Voodoo is a much more useful champ than Void except for in certain niche situations. DV has ability accuracy reduction, poison (which hinders healing), strong buff control + DoT, power control, and regen. I mean Voodoo has a ton of cheat codes rolled up into one. It makes him far more versatile than Void and Cap. The things Cap and Void do, they do well, but DV is far more well rounded allowing him to tackle more fights.
    I would agree that Voodoo is the more well-rounded and more generally useful champ. However, I would probably still awaken Void first, because Void is more likely to "unstick me" from content than Voodoo in my experience. Voodoo is better in more places, but I feel Void is better in more critical places than Voodoo. YMMV.