**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Reflection on the pain areas of the game !

I was pondering on the current state of the game after playing for more than 3 years. I would like to suggest minor changes that can help us play the game better:

1. HELP ALL button to accept all help requests or at least from 4 at a time make it 10. Many arenaholics exist in my alliance and i have to hit help for more than 700+ requests at a time after playing more than 150 arena fights every refresh and it is a major pain.
2. Automatically submit help when the arena round is complete.
3. Please remove map lock from old content like Labyrinth and RTTL, ACT 5 etc. as we all have the maps but still mistakes like one can never be sure to have done Labyrinth 100%. Just feel the pain to not know what you missed when it shows 99%
4. Reduce energy time frame globally to 5 and 4 minutes for paid subscribers.
5. MAJOR--> Please provide us with option of UNDO a portal or path in AQ or AW. If a person accidentally missed a node or jumped onto a wrong path, give us an option to revert back. Don't give us the energy consumed but at least one person should not ruin the day for other 29 people who can't complete map 7 due to a silly mistake.
6. Please allow us flexibility to add individual masteries or remove them. Add it in the subscription if you like but we need it for sure.

Some other changes:
1. Please refresh arenas with an introduction to 5 star basic arena because you have shown intent to provide 5 star to people more easily. We can then be ready for all future content even if there are multiple gates and restrictions.
2. Please improve drop rates if possible for all content (crystals, battle chips, etc) even if we need to get your premium subscription for it.
You may ask why this guy is promoting subscription for some of the changes -
"Because this is business and everything that the developers do can't be charity. If we want the game to live long, we need to put some donations guys its 10$/month(may change) but it will bring supreme quality to the game. If they want everyone can be charged 1$ per month and i don't think anyone will be unhappy if they pull out amazing content with some of the optimizations i have mentioned above.

Other ideas are most welcome!
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Comments

• digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    1 They had help all button, it crashed the game and that’s why it’s only 4.
    2 meh, just push the button
    3 just take notes, mark off paths complete like the rest of us adults
    4 wait for tiered subscriptions just like the offers, may come true may not
    5 nah, you messed up so call for backup
    6 never gonna happen for balance, otherwise everyone running suicides would leave out recoil

1 5* basic would be great, not gonna happen til 6* arena and/or you can r3 6*s
    2 drop rates will never improve and only get worse, that’s how they make their money. They only posted drop rates because they were forced by Apple. It’s a “loot box” game, odds are always in the houses Favor when gambling
    3 1$ a month? Ok buddy lol
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    1$ a month and I guarantee you at least 30% of the player base quits.
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★

6 never gonna happen for balance, otherwise everyone running suicides would leave out recoil

2 drop rates will never improve and only get worse, that’s how they make their money. They only posted drop rates because they were forced by Apple. It’s a “loot box” game, odds are always in the houses Favor when gambling

I am a software developer and trust me when i say that when you hit help (UI ACTION), a server call is initiated and then the action results into success. The more you hit help that many server calls occur. The less the calls the better the server performance.
    Also mistakes happen all the time but for map 7 there are no backups as there are 10 different paths and one bg can have only 10 people right?
    Masteries - I asked to put and remove one mastery like i remove suicides(Poison or bleed or recoil ) and then put them back when i want them, not touching despair , assassin, deep wounds etc - I hope you get the point.

These a very minute optimizations and i am sure after 4 + years the game needs them.

1$ a month and I guarantee you at least 30% of the player base quits.

Atleast the other 70% have a game to play..if all become free to play the game dies eventually. I don't think 1 dollar per month will burn anyone. Remember 1 $ 4 star offer.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Diksh619 said:

I am a software developer and trust me when i say that when you hit help (UI ACTION), a server call is initiated and then the action results into success. The more you hit help that many server calls occur. The less the calls the better the server performance.
    Also mistakes happen all the time but for map 7 there are no backups as there are 10 different paths and one bg can have only 10 people right?
    Masteries - I asked to put and remove one mastery like i remove suicides(Poison or bleed or recoil ) and then put them back when i want them, not touching despair , assassin, deep wounds etc - I hope you get the point.

These a very minute optimizations and i am sure after 4 + years the game needs them.
    That has been brought up many times. Server is not able to process Help All. As to the specifics, I'm not aware. That's always been the response given, so I'd say it's the truth.
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    Kabam will never add in the undo route as - what if the summoner had already taken some champions on that route? would they come back and the score lowered? Then people would be in uproar of that being unfair as they had already beat the champs.
    Also - they will never set a blanket pay to play for all users, they know some people are F2P and want to keep all people in the game, even if it doesnt always seem like that
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Agree, just get rid of the help system entirely. Award all players in an alliance a shorter refresh time to compensate for the change. It's a complete waste of the server for a function no one cares that much about.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    The walk back could be for only if no fight has occurred, also yeah to the masteries, I’ve always thought to be able to set presets would be awesome , but that walk back a couple and walk up others would be just as good, sucks to have to reset them all and start again every time, help is a shambles, needs something done
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    1. HELP ALL button to accept all help requests or at least from 4 at a time make it 10.

You don't have to push help beyond 1000 Loyalty. And the game already stutters with 4 at a time, so IDK if this would work.

Good idea.

3.. Please remove map lock from old content like Labyrinth and RTTL, ACT 5 etc.

I don't see how that's fair. Everyone has had to deal with this. Follow a guide, plenty out there.

Like this idea, but not gonna happen because they want players to buy nrg refills.

5. MAJOR--> Please provide us with option of UNDO a portal or path in AQ or AW. If a person accidentally missed a node or jumped onto a wrong path, give us an option to revert back. Don't give us the energy consumed but at least one person should not ruin the day for other 29 people who can't complete map 7 due to a silly mistake.

People shouldn't be making those mistakes. Officers should teach noobs this sort of stuff. It would also open up the possibility of 1 player doing all the hard fights (do 1 path, go back, do another path etc). As long as others travel for them, it won't cost them nrg.

6. Please allow us flexibility to add individual masteries or remove them. Add it in the subscription if you like but we need it for sure.

Individual masteries? What do you mean here?

Some other changes:
    1. Please refresh arenas with an introduction to 5 star basic arena.

Agreed

2. Please improve drop rates if possible for all content (crystals, battle chips, etc) even if we need to get your premium subscription for it.

LOL as much as I want this...

• PalistesPalistes Posts: 156 ★★
    Because you are a software developer, we should trust you? How do you know how this game is coded? The help button has always been buggy.
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 220 ★★
    Come on guys, about the help button, I don't see how a HELP button for all would break the game. From a coding perspective you click the button "Help All", that sends 1 request to the server, the code on the server-side gets all the requests that you received (this is where we don't know how it's done) and mark them all as "done", result is sent back to the app.
    1 request compared to at least 100 you do every day, multiply that by every summoner, you get server improvement right there (except if the query to get all the Help request is too greedy, but here we talk about code/database improvement).
    If you add to that the "automatically send help request for champs in arena after a fight" you eliminate 2 out of 3 server requests, it's 66% improvement.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★

Reflecting on this game:

There are tons of things KABAM needs to improve in this clown fiesta of a game. I have been playing it for more than 3 years, sadly I couldn’t play since it first launched because I didn’t hear about it. But after playing for more than 3 years, this game needs a ton of improvements.

1. Please for the love of God, fix the sound issues in the game!!!!!!
    2. Increase the mastery points to 60 or 65 at least. And yes, allow us to change individual masteries, because it’s not worth changing the entire mastery setup again. Fix some of the masteries that are broken please, like pure skill, assassin, etc.
    3. Improved drop rates for perhaps all the crystals.
    4. Bring in daily Gold quests to the game.
    5. Introduce the cavalier difficulty to the game.
    6. Updates to the crystal cornucopia arena.
    7. Unban the use of 4* champions in act 6. For god’s sakes Kabam, the company is not just about making money, but also ensuring the equality of a fair gameplay.
    8. Bring back previous quests with the uncollected difficulty so that new players and Endgame level players don’t just sit around opening crystals, playing AQ and AW, or grinding arenas, we should all get a sense of the history of the game. Plus it will help improve the gameplay of new players.
    9. Remove the auto fight mode from the game cause that’s just useless and no one uses it. Literally.
    10. Either increase energy of AQ and AW to 10 or reduce the time to get an energy. From 60 minutes to 45 minutes.

I agree with most of these but alot of people do use auto fight
  • gmail_on_com4gmail_on_com4 Posts: 47
    In the battle arena spider-man Stealth Suit should be able to activate pre-fight abilities well actually any champions should be able to activate pre-fight abilities in the battle arenas
    Jackd1989 said:

Kabam will never add in the undo route as - what if the summoner had already taken some champions on that route? would they come back and the score lowered? Then people would be in uproar of that being unfair as they had already beat the champs.
    Also - they will never set a blanket pay to play for all users, they know some people are F2P and want to keep all people in the game, even if it doesnt always seem like that

I said if you just jumped to the wrong portal. If you continue ..you are screwed..i am simply suggesting to revert back if you jump incorrectly. To be honest everyone fu&%$s up some day or the other and playing perfectly isn't possible 100% of the time. It would be a little bonus.
    Speeds80 said:

The walk back could be for only if no fight has occurred, also yeah to the masteries, I’ve always thought to be able to set presets would be awesome , but that walk back a couple and walk up others would be just as good, sucks to have to reset them all and start again every time, help is a shambles, needs something done

Exactly! Why to pay 150 + units if i just need to remove suicides for defense and then put them back again! It literally sucks.
    Marri_2 said:

1. HELP ALL button to accept all help requests or at least from 4 at a time make it 10.

You don't have to push help beyond 1000 Loyalty. And the game already stutters with 4 at a time, so IDK if this would work.

Good idea.

3.. Please remove map lock from old content like Labyrinth and RTTL, ACT 5 etc.

I don't see how that's fair. Everyone has had to deal with this. Follow a guide, plenty out there.

Like this idea, but not gonna happen because they want players to buy nrg refills.

People shouldn't be making those mistakes. Officers should teach noobs this sort of stuff. It would also open up the possibility of 1 player doing all the hard fights (do 1 path, go back, do another path etc). As long as others travel for them, it won't cost them nrg.

Individual masteries? What do you mean here?

Some other changes:
    1. Please refresh arenas with an introduction to 5 star basic arena.

Agreed

LOL as much as I want this...

As described above..one can't move ahead on the path and redo the path. It should only work when you jump and realize that you messed up. One can be careful but let's be honest it will make out lives easier with such huge donations of map 7 and the difficulty.

Adding and removing only a part of the tree without the entire attach/defense/ prof. tab is what i am suggesting. I have to remove suicides, put defense in aw and again put on suicides costing me 150+ units. If i could select to remove bleeds, poison and then recoil(Same order as we put them in) and then again add them, it will be more efficient way.
    Also if they can add new masteries. It's been ages!

Also they can remove the map locks for the ones who have completed the map!
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I would first like to say this was an excellent post to begin with. I agree with most people here just get rid of the help all button period because it is doing more hurt than harm.

The mastery switch would be great, this is probably my #1 gripe. It is way too annoying to switch back and forth so if you can remove one point at a time it would be huge change for kabam.

My second gripe is t1 alpha availability, It really hinders me from ranking up champs, a daily quest would be great.
    Palistes said:

Because you are a software developer, we should trust you? How do you know how this game is coded? The help button has always been buggy.

It's not rocket science. I have coding experience in JAVA, PHP, C,C++, HTML, ANGULAR JS, SQL and all are object oriented languages.
    The logic is simple - you request something from server so you must trigger a command from user interface to server using your "PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO INTERNET" issue that we all face on a daily basis as our internet is super **** ;)
    Then the server responds to the command through a pre-defined function that returns a resultant.

Also please don't trust a stranger..google this stuff out. It's basic and easy!
    Have a great day everyone!

Why doesn't Star-Lord have a pre-fight ability and a persistent charge for his combo meters? Same goes for Sabertooth, why can't he keep his furies forever?

Those are champion design and one can only suggest to change them. I am asking more of the change in game framework!
  • Kevin110Kevin110 Posts: 69
    I’d love a five star basic arena that moderate players (meaning not 40 million to get a character) could grind and progress much like the four star basic used to be
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit Can we get some sort of acknowledgement here!