**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Possible Cheating... how to know?

So... our alliance got a new player, who is doing really well... maybe too well.

Was on Map 3 a few days ago for Alliance Quest, and most of us are using around 5000CP champs. This guy is using around 1900CP champs for all 3, and somehow doubled everyone's score, and took down the boss fully linked still. 2 champs still at 100% health, and an 1800CP Gwen Spiderman at just over 50% health remaining.

Now, I know some people are crazy good at the game, but I'm having a hard time seeing how they'd win... once that boss powered up to 3-bars, you can't dodge that and because of the difference in power, no way you'd survive a Thanos beat-down.

Again... could be skill... but if cheating in some way I don't want it to affect our Alliance.

Any thoughts? is there even a way to cheat on this game?

Just hard to see someone with a team of <2000CP champs, getting a score of 515,180 and only losing 50% health on 1 champ. 2nd highest was 217,000 points.

Comments

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    What map were you on? And what is your prestige?
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    If he took the boss fully linked and came out without a scratch then yes he's cheating. There are some mods for this game that allow you to take no damage or do crazy damage in 1 hit. And he's bringing R2 3* to your map while everyone else is bringing almost max 4*. Sounds like he's low level and there's no way he'd get that good so quickly.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Idk 2k enemies vs 5k enemies isn’t too hard
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Is it possible? Yes. Is it what's happening? I can't say for certain. It could be someone's Alt. If you're concerned, try having a conversation with them. If you're still worried, remove them.
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 613 ★★
    Just picking up on where you've said ....

"Now, I know some people are crazy good at the game, but I'm having a hard time seeing how they'd win... once that boss powered up to 3-bars, you can't dodge that and because of the difference in power, no way you'd survive a Thanos beat-down."

Thanos doesn't need to be pushed to SP3 - you can bait'n'evade™ his SP1 all day if you know how.
    I regularly take zero damage on Thanos on higher AQ maps than you're playing
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Could be someone smurfing :) Map 3 is pretty easy even with sub par champs.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    The thing that sounds fishy to me isn't the health he has left but being able to beat the boss with such a weak champ without timing out multiple times, which would in turn lower his health. That's why I think it's helpful to know what map and prestige you are at. If it's just map 2 it sounds possible, even with linked nodes because I don't think any of them cause damage over time. If it's map 3 or higher and all linked nodes are up he would need an immune champ...
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    I highly doubt it. On a good day, I can take down map 3 boss with a 3000 pi champ without taking a speck of damage. I've gotten extremely good at dexterities and I know some out there have to be better. Just to demonstrate, this last time we did map 3, I did horrible and lost my champs quickly, but I got some refills and took him down 60% with a 2500 pi champ when I only had 4% health to begin with. It could be some really good player's alt account.
  • As previously mentioned @THRobinson , have a chat with them. See what's what. If it's an experienced player's 2nd account, this is feasible. It's very hard to say indefinitely either way though. You said Map 3, and it is VERY possible to roll Thanos in 1 shot. The main question that needs to be answered 1st is your Alliance Prestige. Need that to help gauge what's going on. Also, linked up, what's Thanos' Pi? Which champs did he bring? I saw you mentioned Spider-Gwen. What else? Please list tier (number of stars), rank, level, and sig level.

Truthfully, if it is someone experienced and it's all raw skill, you probably don't want to send them running with a deep interrogation. At the same time, having a cheater on board is bad news all day. Another question, do you use an outside communication app like Line, or the in game chat? If it's the in game chat, stick to DMs when asking them what's up. No sense in asking in the main chat as it'll start to raise suspicion in places that needn't have it. If you have any questions that you'd rather not ask up here, feel free to DM me and I'd be happy to offer further advice one on one if desired.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    He said boss was fully linked. If Thanos was completely unlinked, I'd say it's possible.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★

So... our alliance got a new player, who is doing really well... maybe too well.

Was on Map 3 a few days ago for Alliance Quest, and most of us are using around 5000CP champs. This guy is using around 1900CP champs for all 3, and somehow doubled everyone's score, and took down the boss fully linked still. 2 champs still at 100% health, and an 1800CP Gwen Spiderman at just over 50% health remaining.

Now, I know some people are crazy good at the game, but I'm having a hard time seeing how they'd win... once that boss powered up to 3-bars, you can't dodge that and because of the difference in power, no way you'd survive a Thanos beat-down.

Again... could be skill... but if cheating in some way I don't want it to affect our Alliance.

Any thoughts? is there even a way to cheat on this game?

Just hard to see someone with a team of <2000CP champs, getting a score of 515,180 and only losing 50% health on 1 champ. 2nd highest was 217,000 points. </p>

When your alliance leader receives the in- game message from Kabam explaining why your AQ score is being docked points but won't explicitly state who the culprit is, at least you'll all have a pretty good idea who it might have been.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Just report it. Let kabam sort it out. We had a guy like that. Did the same in AW. Killed boss with 3 stars. All nodes linked. You can be good but zero damage and time out. Not likely.
  • THRobinsonTHRobinson Posts: 37
    Where do we report that, in game or on here?

Thing is, if not cheating, I don't wanna have the guy booted off the alliance while sorted out because frankly much better than any of us are.

Last two AQ's

Map 3, prestige +65
    Map 3, prestige +151
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Ask him to record a video of the boss kill and share it online..shouldn't be too difficult if hes clean
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    On my baby account I took out a linked KP boss (last season) with my 4/17 Sparky. The alliance I was in actually questioned it. I wasn’t offended since I knew I was legit. I recorded a 6* KP duel and explained what I was doing. They were shocked because all of them that was their main account, and not used to skilled play.

Fully linked, idk seems off to me.
  • Guys in my alliance are doing map 5 aq with 3* champs for fun and to challenge each other. It certainly isn't unheard of for someone to be able to do that.
  • THRobinsonTHRobinson Posts: 37
    Weird... wonder why in our group. :smiley:

We're not bad... not great... I think out main issue is we have 10 people who play, and 20 people who never join AG/AW and we're constantly having to clean house as a result.

Will keep en eye on them though... again, Map3, fully linked and only lost 50% health on am 1800CP Gwen Spiderman... I dunno... as someone pointed out, even if good at dodge/hit, there'd be timeouts.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Another thing to consider is map 3 and lower don't activate sp3 even when they have 3 bars. You can be skilled enough even linked. Now he would take poison or bleed damage if those nodes were up. But you said SG was at half health. As others have said....talk to him