**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Games future

Just wanted to know how people felt about the impact the game has had on them.

1) how much longer do you see yourself playing the game?
2) how long do you personally think the game will keep going for or hope the game keeps going?

Personally this may be one of the funnest games i have played in a very long time, I have been playing the game for 11 months now, and I really want the game to keep going for a couple of more years in the future. This game has been a great substitute for triple A games, especially when it comes to PC games, being what I mainly play, so I'm happy I have this game to help keep entertained

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Well, I've been here for 4 years this coming November, and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon. From what I understand, they have tentative plans for up tp 2025, and their response is there's more to come, so I don't see it ending anytime soon either.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Considering the amount of marvel characters they have at their disposal plus an average of 1 or 2 completely new created charactersa year.....id say a good 50 years plus to come >:)
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Considering the amount of marvel characters they have at their disposal plus an average of 1 or 2 completely new created charactersa year.....id say a good 50 years plus to come >:)

If I'm still alive and playing in 50 years, I'll need an intervention. Hahaha. No disrespect to the game.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I will play as long as my device allows it.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

If I'm still alive and playing in 50 years, I'll need an intervention. Hahaha. No disrespect to the game.
    Im 33 now. Id be 83. Id need some kind of....assistance unless my fingers work good still lol.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Just wanted to know how people felt about the impact the game has had on them.

1) how much longer do you see yourself playing the game?
    2) how long do you personally think the game will keep going for or hope the game keeps going?

Personally this may be one of the funnest games i have played in a very long time, I have been playing the game for 11 months now, and I really want the game to keep going for a couple of more years in the future. This game has been a great substitute for triple A games, especially when it comes to PC games, being what I mainly play, so I'm happy I have this game to help keep entertained

No game lasts forever. But at the moment I think the game is doing well enough to be reasonably sure it will be around for at least a few more years. To be more specific, if anything causes an end to the game, it will be something that hasn't happened yet, not something that is happening now.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Im 33 now. Id be 83. Id need some kind of....assistance unless my fingers work good still lol.
    You never know. By that time, we could be using out minds. *doo wee ooo*
  • Options
    PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Didn’t what’s his name use a breathing device to speak Stephen hawking?

So that’s kinda possible now
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Never played a game as consistently as mcoc. When I started playing again, I never thought I’d be playing for over six months, but I’m at over 2 years now. So I’ll definitely say that I’ll be playing for an indefinite amount of time.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’ll likley play until it dies, which I reckon will be a year and a half
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

I’m pretty sure after 50 years of screen tapping the arthritis you will most likely develop in your hands won’t allow you to play anymore
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 592 ★★
    Well I see me playing until it becomes a pay game which I see it is leaning to that..... been playing for 4 years this October too much time invested now to stop.
  • Options
    belli300 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

I’m pretty sure after 50 years of screen tapping the arthritis you will most likely develop in your hands won’t allow you to play anymore
    But keeping my fingers limber by doing stuff keeps the arthritis away. Been gaming since i was 13. Aint had no problems yet lol
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm going to play as long as it is fun. 6.2 didn't make me happy at all but I will give Kabam a chance to rebound with v3 and 6.3. Kabam needs to really think hard about limiting champs by star, I can deal with class and size but by star just takes the fun out of the game. Hopefully they bounce back and make great content.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Probably in a few months tbh n I t much going on with the game rn
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Wayntos said:

Well I see me playing until it becomes a pay game which I see it is leaning to that..... been playing for 4 years this October too much time invested now to stop.

Same here. I'm a F2P player and so my roster may not look too impressive to some people but I've spent a lot of time investing in this game/champs. I could see myself playing another 2-3 years.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Probably in a few months tbh n I t much going on with the game rn

Not much going on with the game rn*
  • Options
    SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Just watch for merging alliances. People looking for alliances and alliances looking for members.
    This is your indicator of people not playing anymore. Doesn’t matter what kabams plans are. Customer base drops too much. Bye bye game.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,811 ★★★★★
    I'll play until either the game dies or I do.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Until I find something better to play. Other mobile fightings used to be less skill based. On the other hand, with all those act 6 like gating we see more and more mcoc seems to somewhat devalue skill
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Sirmacool said:

Just watch for merging alliances. People looking for alliances and alliances looking for members.
    This is your indicator of people not playing anymore. Doesn’t matter what kabams plans are. Customer base drops too much. Bye bye game.

That was happening three years ago. This is not an indicator of anything noteworthy, because old players leave and new players arrive constantly, and have for the entire history of the game.

There are ways to guestimate the number of players by looking at active alliance stats such as those generated from war seasons or quest weeks. It is a very rough way to estimate, but I don't see evidence of a significant drop in players over the time frames I've looked at those numbers.