**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wasp’s Passive Stun

_ASDF__ASDF_ Posts: 1,807 ★★★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
So I can stun Iceman on a stun immune node(because it’s passive), but he can then shrug the passive?

I can stun Agent Venom and Mordo, neither can shrug it.

Can we get clarification on this mechanic and who it doesn’t work on or if this was a bug?

https://youtu.be/pxyO6Ds5Fwo

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    There is currently a bug that allows her to bypass stun immunity nodes, when she shouldn't. The rest of the interactions mention are working as intended
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Iceman's a different case because he sacrifices his Ice Armor to remove it, and it can only be for Stun, it's not like Mordu or Agent Venom where they only Shrug Off Debuffs.

There is currently a bug that allows her to bypass stun immunity nodes, when she shouldn't. The rest of the interactions mention are working as intended

Aww man don't say it's a Bug...

Aww man don't say it's a Bug...
    Yeh, Wasp's are bugs
    Touche...
    I'll correct myself there. She shouldn't be able to bypass Mordo as well.

You're right by saying that passives are not buffs/debuffs. By not being a debuff, her stun does bypass debuff immunity nodes. Whoever, due to being a stun, it doesn't and shouldn't be able to bypass stun immunity nodes/scenarios like the one's you described.
    This was confirmed in her spotlight discussion thread as well
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    _ASDF_ said:

Passives aren’t debuffs, so they can work around nodes. Just like blade can shut down masochism nodes, the passive stun is supposed to do the same. Also,the passive stun should work on stun immune, other wise there’s no way to chain her heavy.

@LibertyPrimeV1 as you can see from Mordo’s abilities, he doesn’t shrug debuffs, he avoids stuns which is exactly what Iceman does but he doesn’t do it passively, he has a buff that’s removed. But passives are supposed to bypass buffs from my understanding.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra could you please comment?
    Actually you can see he does shrug it off, he does not avoid it. WHILE STUNNED, if he is stunned he did not avoid it. What he Avoids is the incoming attack after being stunned. Also note that donot say buffs, they say stun.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

You're right by saying that passives are not buffs/debuffs. By not being a debuff, her stun does bypass debuff immunity nodes. Whoever, due to being a stun, it doesn't and shouldn't be able to bypass stun immunity nodes/scenarios like the one's you described.

Hold up, might be confused again. It’s not a debuff and still shouldn’t work on Mordo? If that’s the case it’s of zero benefit being passive.
    If it bypasses anti buff nodes then there is still a reason for it, just not one for the anti-stun champions.
    _ASDF_ said:

Hold up, might be confused again. It’s not a debuff and still shouldn’t work on Mordo? If that’s the case it’s of zero benefit being passive.
    The benefit is that it doesn't work like a debuff. It works against debuff immunity nodes/scenarios, masoquism and every scneario where a debuff can be removed, against champion's with resistance to debuffs (groot, rogue, etc), and so on
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

The benefit is that it doesn't work like a debuff. It works against debuff immunity nodes/scenarios, masoquism and every scneario where a debuff can be removed, against champion's with resistance to debuffs (groot, rogue, etc), and so on
    So it works against general debuff resistances/immunities but not stun immune specifically? If that’s the case, I wish they’d remove the stun and let her chain a heavy like shehulk because it seems like a illogical seg way in the evolution of the game mechanics.
    You can always not do a heavy and instead go 5-hit combo's, like you do with almost every character. It's not her main playstyle yeh, but you need to go for it when you are fightning in disadvantage