**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Only Ranking Champs you like.

DonnymeijDonnymeij Posts: 846 ★★★
Hi,

I have always upgraded champs that are considered best, if I have them.
I was wondering if there are people that play this game that (almost) exclusively rank up the champs they really like. Despite of their 'Tier'.
My first R5 will be Corvus Glaive. But I am considering only ranking the champs I really love, even if they are only the second best (or Third best) options for the job.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’m kind of in the middle with this, I’ve ranked up some top tiers like quake ghost and omega but I’ve also ranked up champs mostly for my enjoyment like km, if I’m giving advice on this I’d suggest starting off with top tier champs then doing ones you like
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★

The champs I like are the champs that helps me to get through content. ;)

I for example like the Animation Setup of vulture, ist great imo! This doesnt mean i would rank him up.
    But Corvus, who is imo one of the more or less boring champs wouldnt be a choice, neither! I'd like something more spectacular, or mystic, something explosive. Not sring sring sring sp 2 wush wush youre dead c ya, thats strong, but not attractive... I love Omega red for example, there are so many absolutly sexy Screens ive seen from his death field!!!
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    I dont really care who I rank but I dont want to rank up corvus or blade, to me blade is boring to play with and for me just a prestige champ and corvus well nah for me others like him that's fine but for me nah. I do enjoy playing bad champs like hulkbuster oml just because they are fun to play for me as something new to what people like. I havent ever ranked up champs that are useful as I have a r5 sl still use him day to day people be like u could of saved for stark and ghost well that's not for me. I have r5 ice prefer him over domino tbh yes I do like domino but just for me I wouldnt r5, i have medusa at r5 now just recently as i actually like playing her but i would r5 corvus or hype sorry to those who would but to me it's a no. If i could i would r2 6 star Angela over any god tiers just because I really enjoy playing her and sometimes u just want raw damage to end quick which is what I like and even her regen actually can be useful
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    See, I enjoy champs that can DESTROY the enemy, so for me the god tier and champs I love to play are the same. ☺️
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    5* X23 duped 120sig r5 like her
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I rank up champs that I’m a fan of. So basically I’ve been a fan of the hulk since I was a child so pretty much he’s the first and gonna be the only 5* champ I maxed out
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    And Gulk at the moment is the only 6 star I have at rank 2, I rank up the champs im a fan of when it comes to maxing them out
  • MattPartMattPart Posts: 69
    edited August 2019
    Who I like as a marvel character is a tie-breaker rather than main factor. I ranked Hawkeye who I just really like as a character, while I had options that would probably be considered better by most players. But I had an excuse - his power drain is super useful and I would not consider him at all otherwise. There are examples of characters I like but don't rank because they are not powerful enough. I don't think I would ever rank a champ that would be completely useless to me no matter how much I would love the character. Also, most of the characters in game are cool in some way and it's usually just a matter of time and learning them better before you start to absolutely love them. So I mostly rank champs that are considered "good" even if I don't know them too much (by knowing them in this case I mean knowing their characteristics in game) and then usually start to like them while playing with them some more and learning how powerful they are when played right. This is how I started to absolutely love Blade - a character I was not even aware of before he was introduced in the game. Same happened for SW some time ago - I didn't like her in first place, but she was so effective I changed my mind. Before pushing champs to highest ranks for attack I at least read their descriptions carefully to make sure if their characteristics is something I would enjoy using. Which is why I keep down characters like Star lord - I am too weak in keeping combos to use him effectively.

Also, which I think is worth mentioning, I value some champs more or less than tier lists do. For example, Classic Black Panther is awesome with his bleed, especially if you have deep wounds. For some time UC was my favourite character too but it changed over time as I gained skills and don't need his unstoppable anymore. I also love whole classic Iron Men family for their regen, while the tier lists list them as worst tier available. I used to go through AQ with IM, SIM and IP and used to value this team more than a team consisting of Wolvie, WWII and Ultron who were all considered got tier at that time. Aspecially Ultron was tricky - I never learned to use him effectively and always felt somewhat uncomfortable playing him. Also, if it comes to Iron Men family, the classic one was who I knew and loved the most as a character, but I ranked SIM and IP first - for SP2 stun from IP and class diversity with SIM.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    I took Mephisto to 5/50, that's pretty odd I guess
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    edited August 2019

I would never ever rank 4 corvus claive
    I think he is sooo boring to Play and not at an interesting character in the mcu
    I would pick the Hood, carnage, Killmonger and many other champs over him

Who am I kidding, nothing about Sentinel is fun, 6 star or not.
    Gotta disagree here
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I max out all 2* and 1* champs for any Road to arenas. I take 3* villains to 2/19 and I've taken all heroes to 3/29. 4* villains are at 1/9 and 4* heroes are at 2/19, except for Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Wolverine and Hulk as they're r3 and level 20 or so. My 5* are all about 1/24 except Phoenix who's the only 5* I have at r2.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I always pick the characters I like. If I don’t enjoy using them I won’t rank them. I’ve had a duped blade sat at rank 3 for a long time now and I actually have a rank 4-5 gem for a skill 5*. But I won’t rank him up because I don’t like using him. I did take an unduped dormammu to rank 5 though, with the intention of using him on offence when I was in tier 2. I did exactly that and it worked really well, I use him all the time because he’s just really fun to play and is an excellent option for power control. There are some characters in this game that I really enjoy using and I would always rank them up regardless of how they’re commonly seen. Some examples of my favourite characters would include Psylocke, Dormammu, Wasp, Venom, Spider-Gwen, Cap IW and Old man Logan, (with current abilities, not the buffed version). Champs like Corvus, Blade or Omega Red would never make it to r4 on my roster because I don’t see the point of ranking a champ I don’t enjoy using. At the end of the day it’s a game so I want to pick the characters I have fun with and find other, unorthodox ways to get through hard content.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    I always tell people rank who you want, and stop kissing that chart some loser who lives in his parents basement made!!

I like god tier champs, but I like characters like Annihilus, Cable, Taskmaster, Doctor Octopus, etc..
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I hate MODOK and refused to do anything with my 3* for ages until I took him to 2/19 just to get rid of a shed load of Science Iso I had.

I also refuse to do anything with my 4* Howard. He just sits in my roster with me giving him stink eye whenever I scroll past.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Donnymeij said:

Hi,

I have always upgraded champs that are considered best, if I have them.
    I was wondering if there are people that play this game that (almost) exclusively rank up the champs they really like. Despite of their 'Tier'.
    My first R5 will be Corvus Glaive. But I am considering only ranking the champs I really love, even if they are only the second best (or Third best) options for the job.

I tend to like the ones that perform the best, so it works out lol
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Little bit of both, I rank up champs that are good and will help me progress, but if I dislike using the champion then I will look for a different champ