**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Markjv81 said:

So i just heard theres a free trial month of the sigil and i didn't know it was free....i hit the renew thing for $10 and i just wasted $10 for something that was already free.

i want my money back or atleast give me compensate of 2 months +
    cause if i would of known the sigil was free for first month i wouldn't of bought it.

You heard wrong, it’s a weeks trial. “I can’t read, compensate me!” Lol
    In fairness, I don't recall seeing anything in the game that told the players there was a free trial, and I looked for it. The pop up seemed to imply that if you wanted the benefits of the program you'd have to buy it, even though the button said "renew." It seemed odd to me that Kabam wouldn't want to hype the free trial of the Sigil within the game itself right at the start. In any case I can understand some confusion here on the part of some players.

I am guessing that the pop up panel was designed to account for the fact that a week from now players that start playing will see the same panel that we currently see but won't be getting the free week so the panel can't advertise the free week "baked in" and they didn't want to make two different panels.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    The sigil gives free units. It doesnt make sense to pay units to get free units. Also the purpose is to make kabam money. Charging units wouldnt help pay their bills.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

So i just heard theres a free trial month of the sigil and i didn't know it was free....i hit the renew thing for $10 and i just wasted $10 for something that was already free.

i want my money back or atleast give me compensate of 2 months +
    cause if i would of known the sigil was free for first month i wouldn't of bought it.

You heard wrong, it’s a weeks trial. “I can’t read, compensate me!” Lol
    In fairness, I don't recall seeing anything in the game that told the players there was a free trial, and I looked for it. The pop up seemed to imply that if you wanted the benefits of the program you'd have to buy it, even though the button said "renew." It seemed odd to me that Kabam wouldn't want to hype the free trial of the Sigil within the game itself right at the start. In any case I can understand some confusion here on the part of some players.

I am guessing that the pop up panel was designed to account for the fact that a week from now players that start playing will see the same panel that we currently see but won't be getting the free week so the panel can't advertise the free week "baked in" and they didn't want to make two different panels.
    The fact that you got it without paying and it has a 7 day countdown clock on it should have been enough info.
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    What will happen when the increase inventory resets to original? The catalyst will go back to stash or it will be like expired?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    rdxevil said:

What will happen when the increase inventory resets to original? The catalyst will go back to stash or it will be like expired?

They'll stay in your Inventory.
  • SloopJohnBSloopJohnB Posts: 7
    @Kabam Miike I had a T5 Basic Catalyst expiring in 9 days before it was added to my new T5 capacity stash. When the Sigil trial ends will this renew the expiration to 30 days to use the catalyst or will it expire 9 days after the trial ends?

In other words......Once the Sigil trial ends, will items that were expiring in overflow, that were moved to our stash based on the new Sigil stash capacity, be moved back to overflow with the same expiration before the trial or get renewed to the full expiration period (14 or 30 days)?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike I had a T5 Basic Catalyst expiring in 9 days before it was added to my new T5 capacity stash. When the Sigil trial ends will this renew the expiration to 30 days to use the catalyst or will it expire 9 days after the trial ends?

In other words......Once the Sigil trial ends, will items that were expiring in overflow, that were moved to our stash based on the new Sigil stash capacity, be moved back to overflow with the same expiration before the trial or get renewed to the full expiration period (14 or 30 days)?

It will stay in your inventory. Your capacity will basically show 7/6.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

This summoner sigil should be fair to all players who are free to play and pay to play. It's not fair to those people who grind hard for arenas and are completely free to play. Speaking from experience her.

Of course it is fair for FTP players who grind. That's kind of why they grind. So they can get what they need without spending lmao. People spending on the game keeps the game going for FTP players. The fact that so many don't get this is blowing my mind. There is no reason why this should be a 32 page thread lol.
  • SloopJohnBSloopJohnB Posts: 7

Great, thank you. Where was this clarified? I couldn’t find it anywhere.

• PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    I like the free rewards don’t get me wrong

But I claimed stuff from my overflow not realizing it’d put me over the limit when the free **** expires

So can the mods answer the question will we lose stuff we EARNED if we don’t purchase it once week is done
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Piviot said:

But I claimed stuff from my overflow not realizing it’d put me over the limit when the free **** expires

So can the mods answer the question will we lose stuff we EARNED if we don’t purchase it once week is done

Well, it will go into overflow again but at least the timer will be reset. I had a T4CC in overflow that I claimed, so when it goes into overflow it will be 30 days again.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Great, thank you. Where was this clarified? I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Last paragraph of the announcement and multiple posts from Kabam since.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

Piviot said:

Well, it will go into overflow again but at least the timer will be reset. I had a T4CC in overflow that I claimed, so when it goes into overflow it will be 30 days again.
    I believe @Kabam Miike said that you keep the extra items in your inventory even after you drop the Sigil. Once you use them your capacity is back to the smaller version. So it's better than refreshing the timer on expiration. Everyone should claim everything they can while they have the free trial for sure.
  • DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    I have a problem with the increased inventory capacity. I had 12 T4b in overflow with varying expiry dates. What I would usually do is use a few that were expiring soon to rank up a low 5* if I didn't have a R4/R5 option and keep my overflow controlled. Now when the sigil runs out next week and I use a couple of the T4b in my inventory they won't be replaced by a couple from my overflow. I have to use up all 9, plus the 3 in overflow, within 37 days or I will lose them.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

I have a problem with the increased inventory capacity. I had 12 T4b in overflow with varying expiry dates. What I would usually do is use a few that were expiring soon to rank up a low 5* if I didn't have a R4/R5 option and keep my overflow controlled. Now when the sigil runs out next week and I use a couple of the T4b in my inventory they won't be replaced by a couple from my overflow. I have to use up all 9, plus the 3 in overflow, within 37 days or I will lose them.

So you’ll just need to use those in the stash. Not sure you why you’re trying to say that extra slots that don’t expire when the sigil expires is a bad thing.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    The only thing I'm concerned about is the "price subject to change." For $9.99, I'm all in, because it's a great value and doesn't break the bank. But the moment the price goes up without any increase in benefits then "it's a no for me, dawg."
  • ObicrixObicrix Posts: 18
    So far it seems like a decent deal if you are looking to break out of the low to middle tier of players and get ready to tackle harder content, which I am. I may stick with it a month or two and then reevaluate.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

The only thing I'm concerned about is the "price subject to change." For $9.99, I'm all in, because it's a great value and doesn't break the bank. But the moment the price goes up without any increase in benefits then "it's a no for me, dawg."

They stated they have no plans to change it and that is just legal talking.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

How is this a problem? You would be at the same place in 37 days now as you would be if you didnt have the sigil at all.
  • NøxNøx Posts: 77
    Overall I think this sounds like a fair way for Kabam to add revenue without creating an imbalance in the game. However, the skeptic in me is concerned they’ll now add to energy requirements to complete monthly event quests thus causing players without the Sigil to have to buy energy refills to keep up and complete the same amount of events they normally would.